SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-15, 06:18 PM   #1
ermilofisco
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default DBF file

Ciao a tutti,
Ho MS Access procedura per importare i file DBF in MS Access
Ma ho un problema con i file danneggiati
Vi è alcun codice per determina se file DBF è corrotto o non fare eccezione per?
ermilofisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 06:23 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard !

ermilofisco!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 08:48 PM   #3
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Translated by Google

Hello to all,
I have MS Access procedure to import the DBF file in MS Access
But I have a problem with damaged files
There is no code to determine if the DBF file is corrupted or does not make an exception for?

Welcome Aboard ermilofisco!

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 09:07 PM   #4
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Welcome aboard! Try checking this link (sorry, no Italian translation available):

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/q...pted-dbf-file/

Also, have you tried converting the file into a neutral state, like, say, a text file (*.txt) and then check the data, and try uploading it to Access. Try this with a copy of the file: do not experiment with the original...

<O>
Old 12-22-15, 10:09 PM   #5
vienna
Navy Seal

A thought just popped into my mind. One project I worked on many years ago had a problem with a database file generated by a defunct database software and the site had no copies of the original software. I tried various methods, but remembered MS Excel had the ability to import various database files into a spreadsheet, preserving the columns and rows. We tried it out and it worked. After checking the data integrity, we then exported out the Excel sheet to either text or other database file formats allowed by that version of Excel. You may want to give this method a try, again using a copy, not the original...

I'm sorry I'm not able to express this in Italian to make it easier for you. Good luck...

<O>
Old 12-23-15, 01:04 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

^Un pensiero appena spuntato nella mia mente. Un progetto che ho lavorato molti anni fa ha avuto un problema con un file di database generato da un software di database defunta e il sito ha avuto alcuna copia del software originale. Ho provato vari metodi, ma ricordato MS Excel aveva la capacità di importare vari file di database in un foglio di calcolo, preservando le colonne e le righe. Abbiamo provato e ha funzionato. Dopo aver controllato l'integrità dei dati, abbiamo esportato quindi il foglio di Excel per altri formati di file di database consentiti da tale versione di Excel o di testo. Si consiglia di provare questo metodo, utilizzando una copia, non l'originale...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-23-15, 06:08 PM   #7
vienna
Navy Seal

Well, looky there, now: that Aktungbby fellow talks that there eye-talian lingo!...

Thanks for the translation, Aktungbby!...

<O>
Old 12-28-15, 12:00 PM   #8
remopenza
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Guida manuale….
Provare ad aprire il file .dbf in Excel o altro programma che supporta l’apertura formato dbf.
Una volta aperto in Excel si dovrebbe essere in grado di visualizzare il file, elimina qualsiasi "dati errati", e salvare di nuovo ad un nuovo nome (con estensione .dbf).
Anche possibile creare una nuova tavola con la struttura della vecchia tabella accodare i record dal vecchio al nuovo. Può recuperare i record finché la corruzione si è verificato.
Soluzione definitiva è diretto per la corruzione grave nel file dbf
https://dbf.recoverytoolbox.com/it/ Recovery Toolbox for DBF
remopenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 04:36 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard !

remopenza!

Old 12-29-15, 06:12 AM   #10
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim remopenza

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 02:34 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Well, looky there, now: that Aktungbby fellow talks that there eye-talian lingo!...

Thanks for the translation, Aktungbby!...

<O>
Well how else was I gonna get to the Condor Club in Frisco's Little Italy!???

Old 12-31-15, 04:38 PM   #12
vienna
Navy Seal

Are they really calling it "Little Italy" now? Growing up in San Francisco (Herb Caen would have you flogged for calling it "Frisco"), it was always North Beach or, the more specific Italian area, Upper Grant. Spent some good times in that area growing up; the best thing about the Broadway/Columbus/Grant intersection is you are really at the center of every thing: up Columbus to Fisherman's Wharf, down Columbus to Downtown SF; up Grant to the Italian/Bohemian districts, down Grant to Chinatown; and, up and down Broadway for all the clubs and nightlife. Ah, the memories...

<O>
Old 12-31-15, 05:29 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Yeah I hear it called both and carefully looked it up before posting to get a sense of the steet-by-street delineation; On a movie set where we shot a street scene at Broadway and Columbus they kept saying "little Italy"...in my own mind, it's North Beach too and parts of it are 'little Italy' but hey a little respect; Carol Doda was Italian!