SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-22, 07:42 AM   #1
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 657
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for a Campaign Mod

Hello to all,
Years ago I had downloaded a "Campaign Mod" made for GW3.0 Gold.
Ii had all the basic operations on Mediterranean sea. And with the read me came" The chronicle of the Med. Sea"
Unfortunately I have only the re"read me" left and thy are not signed, so I cannot find the author.
It was a very good jobs and great to play!
Does any one can help me finding it ?
I would really appreciate it.
Merci
Old 08-15-22, 09:06 AM   #2
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

I have a mod titled "Mediterranean_Sea_All_Battles_(Engl)", which I think you are referring to.

Here's the readme :

ALL BASIC OPERATIONS ON MEDITERRANEAN SEA

Only for the project «GWX 3.0 Gold».
Only operations on Mediterranean sea.

Battles on Mediterranean sea were very severe, obstinate and dynamical. But it was impossible to feel it in missions SH3. Therefore I have
made this project.

All operations real. All actions, events, dates and time - too historically authentic. I worked with this project more half a year.
Used many the historical literature, archives, memoirs.

What the new?

The main thing - many new real operations and battles.

On a map of the navigator now there are names of islands and new harbours. They are very important for historical reliability. There there will
be real operations. In due time. New harbours are present at game too. There the ships. Movement and protection in ports. Coastal artillery.
Waterway. Mines and nets. Only there are no port buildings. But they symbolically have a floating beacon.

Also on a map of the navigator now there are no tables of calculation of speed. They were replaced. Now there: maps of operations on
Mediterranean sea.

These are trophy. Russian maps - because they very good. BdU has allowed to use this trophy for navigation on German submarines. It is the real truth.
Because I have set their. This: the division stamps «Einsatzstab Reichsleiter Rosenberg — ERR», «Die spezielle Mannschaft Kjunsberg» - «Waffen SS».
And also Rosenberg's and Gimler's original signatures and signature the Chief's of confidential department of 23 flotillas. The deceit is not present!
Do not doubt.

In June, 1943 at game there will be an experimental submarine: type VIIC-42. Outwardly it VIIC-41, but inside the submarine has devices XXI.
Also Depth Gauge with a scale of 400 metres. Depth of immersing of 360 metres. And start-up of torpedoes on depth of 20 metres. Certainly it is
not true. VIIC-42 did not appear by on the seas. Therefore I repeat: it is an experimental submarine. The single copy. For test. Top secret.

Very important part. It: real radio of the message. BdU sends the real data about the enemy. A position, time, date. This radio of the message is
performed for each operation. It very much helps to find one's way. Instead of to float across all Mediterranean sea. From the west in the east
and back again. But here the big problem! Because of my English language. I cannot correctly translate my work. The full version of radio of
messages - only in the Russian version of this mod.

Nevertheless I have tried to make a little. Last radio of the message on English language: 1942.05.18. 3st flight of the British fighters to Malta.
From point: north of harbour Algeria. But I am afraid that transfer has turned out confused and not clear. I have stopped this work.
Let's assume: it was the radio operator - the Italian who badly speaks in English.

The last:

To take part in all operations - familiarise necessarily with the text document «CHRONOLOGY of MEDITERRANEAN SEA».
Also use SH3 Commander. For direction of time of an exit in the sea. It is necessary to remember that time is necessary for achievement of area
of battle.

Installation: Establish a mod «MEDITERRANEAN SEA (Engl)». Use a JSGME. Fill new career: October, 1941, 23rd flotilla.
In June 1943 you can take submarine VIIC-42. If you will want. Too using the JSGME: establish a mod «VIIC-42, 400m Depth Gauge».

If this is what you are looking for I will upload it to my Mediafire account and give you a link.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 09:16 AM   #3
Borgneface
Captain

Hello Fubar295!
This is it!
Thank you so much for that quick reply.
All the best.

Borgneface
Old 08-15-22, 09:35 AM   #4
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Here's the link for the full mod :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ar64a...(Engl).7z/file

Glad to help out.

Old 08-15-22, 09:40 AM   #5
Borgneface
Captain

Again, thank you very much.
I am now going to start a Med. campaign....

By the way do you if any players still use 3Operation Spinnennetz?

Amicalment.
Old 08-15-22, 09:50 AM   #6
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Glad to help my friend out.

I am not sure if Operation Spinnetz is functioning outside of "One who shall not be named" website.

Old 08-15-22, 09:51 AM   #7
Borgneface
Captain

Hahahaha I did not know he was so famous
Old 08-18-22, 01:44 AM   #8
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360

I have an install of GWX3 on one of my computers. It's pretty modernized, H.Sie, DGUI etc. This mod has got some age to it, like me. So I thought I'd give it a try. It seemed to play pretty good except a few of my messages from my CE: were blank, but not all. I think it might be due to a mod in the incorrect spot and needs some moving around. since I was testing, I'm not concerned. What I did notice was the non-stop aircraft attacks. At least every 30 minutes or sooner. My finger got soar hitting the "C" key, to crash dive. I was able to shoot down 5 aircraft, all while I was icing my Crash Dive finger. I've seen ships, just can't pick my head up long enough to get into a good firing position. I'm down to around 60% Hull Integrity and about a 25% charge on the battery. I plan to pull out of CO51 and find another fish'n hole.
Old 08-27-22, 04:57 AM   #9
Borgneface
Captain

Salute Doolar;

I have exactly the same harassement from aircraft! I am now in coordinate:
CO27 - 60 - 8. Date: Nov 3 1941. on my way to CN south East of Sicily.
Hope things will get better and I have not seen a single ship!!

Good hunting