SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-13, 12:37 PM   #1
BlackMad
Swabbie

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Silent Hunter Online Gameplay

Hello Captains,

I made this post mainly to help you get some new experience while playing Silent Hunter Online.
I will post few different missions and how to solve them.

Please let me know what you think about this gameplays and every comment and suggestion I get from you is highly motivating for me and will inspire me in making more videos. If you like it please like videos if you want to stay updated subscribe.

In next lines you will find my videos with short explanation:

In this mission task was to sink at least 10157 GRT.

In this mission we need to sink special target warship. You see I almost always use magnetic pistons on my targets because they made huge destruction on ships hull.

Primary objective is to sink at least 3415 GRT of British tonnage (Warship). I decide to attack one Large Battleship.

Our Home Water is in danger, we do our part in sinking 3 enemy ships and one torpedo lost due to bad calculation

We continue to fight in Home Water regions, in this First part we encounter lone warship he must go down.

After destroying enemy Warship we receive orders from High Command to do ship reconnaissance of enemy freighters.

This time we must spy all Merchant ships.

Lets take some warships down...

Our Home Waters are in danger again, our duty as captain of u-boat is to fight and make our waters hell for enemy ships.
Our Home Waters are in danger again. You as Captain of u-boat must use all your knowledge to devastate enemy shipping, let's do our job.

After two successful missions it's best to take nice recognition mission before getting back to Home Base.

Hello Captains, after long time of cleaning my torpedo's I sail again in danger waters. My mission was search and destroy Warship with minimum of 7133 tons sunk. Take a look how I did it, I also prepare my with manually targeting equipment. Nice mission for getting back.

Last edited by BlackMad; 03-15-15 at 10:50 AM.
BlackMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 03:32 PM   #2
BlackMad
Swabbie

SHO

Two new missions added 005a and 005b on 1st post.
Have a good time...
Old 10-07-13, 02:07 PM   #3
plugnickel58
Nub

Downloads: 36
Default Game

Still having problem getting into the game. The boxes sit too low on my screen to reach the bottom of the where the buttons are
plugnickel58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 02:46 PM   #4
BlackMad
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugnickel58 View Post
Still having problem getting into the game. The boxes sit too low on my screen to reach the bottom of the where the buttons are
Can you change your desktop resolution over 768p?
If you can than you will get that buttons at bottom of screen.
Old 10-09-13, 02:44 PM   #5
BlackMad
Swabbie

New video 006, have a good time
Old 10-12-13, 02:09 PM   #6
BlackMad
Swabbie

SHO

New Video 007
Warships this time...
Old 10-19-13, 10:58 AM   #7
InvisibleDeath
Loader

Downloads: 122
So I watched the first video. Have no freaking idea what the hell you are doing because you do not voice over. Just swirling your mouse every once in a while. So I don't know if you are trying to show me something or if you are just an [edited].

Also you list this as manual targetting and you never once actually look at the ships in the convoy??? What fun is that in a game.

Last edited by Herr-Berbunch; 10-10-15 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Insulting
InvisibleDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 04:36 AM   #8
BlackMad
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleDeath View Post
So I watched the first video. Have no freaking idea what the hell you are doing because you do not voice over. Just swirling your mouse every once in a while. So I don't know if you are trying to show me something or if you are just an ADHD kid.

Also you list this as manual targetting and you never once actually look at the ships in the convoy??? What fun is that in a game.
Thank you for your replay @InvisibleDeath, you are absolutely correct and I will take this as a guide for me in future. Sorry for mouse movement, I got lot of Lag while trying to find best recording tool. Also I think lot of people thinks that I'm a kid including my wife, because I play games with my 32 years. I think they will never understand gamers.

Now in 1st video you will find my written explanations and later I will add to all of them.
But regarding voice for future videos, I must disappoint you and I''m really sorry, but my flat is small and my computer is in living room, so there is lot of not needed noises which will ruin my video. I will try with notes and see how it will go.

Sorry for my English...
Old 10-20-13, 07:52 AM   #9
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
So I watched the first video. Have no freaking idea what the hell you are doing because you do not voice over. Just swirling your mouse every once in a while. So I don't know if you are trying to show me something or if you are just an [edited].

Wow. Just... wow.

'ADHD kid'? Really? As an underage person with some anger issues (maybe ADHD), I actually find that really insulting. You're using an issue that many people struggle with EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES as an insult. That's just wrong.

And do you really need a voiceover to tell you what the player is doing? PewDiePie isn't popular because he says 'Now we are walking down the stars. Oh no. Slender Man has appeared. We have lost the game.' He's popular because of his reaction, which usually goes 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!'

There's not many opportunities for screaming when you're plotting a course, now are there?

Last edited by Herr-Berbunch; 10-10-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Edited original post.
Cybermat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 04:28 PM   #10
BlackMad
Swabbie

Hello Captains,

There is 3 new videos 008/009/010, take your time and enjoy by watching them.
Also use your rights and vote for best story at: SHO Forum Contest/ Veteran Stories
Old 10-24-13, 05:39 PM   #11
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
So I watched the first video. Have no freaking idea what the hell you are doing because you do not voice over. Just swirling your mouse every once in a while. So I don't know if you are trying to show me something or if you are just an ADHD kid.

I hope you didn't get a minor infraction for comments like this.
When I get them I EARN them.

Oh Look! A shiney object in the corner.......................
Old 10-25-13, 09:00 AM   #12
BlackMad
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
When I get them I EARN them.

Oh Look! A shiney object in the corner.......................
Comment like one you see is not big enough to make me anger. Maybe he have problem when he don't understand something which should be so easy to understand. Because if he is experienced captain he will understand every move I make. I hope he will manage to find something easier to understand or this game is to much for him
But I'm not anger to him, I just hope he will manage to get going with this game and became good captain of u-boat.

Any way thanks for your comment, I really appreciate when I see there is good people who will stand on right side.

Thanks again...
Old 10-25-13, 08:56 PM   #13
Marduk11
Swabbie

Downloads: 181

Sweet stuff, Great work, lol I Kept watching chat to see if I would appear!
Marduk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 12:31 PM   #14
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

BlackMad keep up The Great Work!
Old 10-28-13, 05:07 PM   #15
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
No he didn't, but I'd like to point out that the response from BlackMad was exemplary. If only everyone responded to such posts with restraint it would make Subsim a much better place.

Tags
gameplay, sho, silent hunter