SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-10, 01:28 PM   #181
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0

I reloaded the patch. But see the problem with the box I marked on the screen below.

I can resize it, but nothing else. During multimission, it does not work. Moreover it is visible also during single.
Old 08-29-10, 03:54 PM   #182
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj View Post
Yes they work ok.

[QUOTE=lavr;1480347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
I could redo the Nightmaske not to be activated by timeclock but by a user button instead.

Could you make new patch for your mode with this button and following target function added?
Thank you.
Will look into doing this will take a bit of work. So will try to have ready for next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Cmd_Jacek View Post
I reloaded the patch. But see the problem with the box I marked on the screen below.

I can resize it, but nothing else. During multimission, it does not work. Moreover it is visible also during single.
Yes spotted that also, and reuploded the correct patch with that removed. Download from link in previos post.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 01:26 PM   #183
Ghostmooner
Bosun

Downloads: 173

have you made tuturials on how to use the new stuff? I can't figure out how to find the speed of my target ships, and there is no ships in the ID book to ID the target with.
Old 08-31-10, 01:40 PM   #184
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostmooner View Post
have you made tuturials on how to use the new stuff? I can't figure out how to find the speed of my target ships, and there is no ships in the ID book to ID the target with.
Have started to make a manual for the UI, and hope to do video tutorials in the future.

As for Ship IDs in the manual you need to be locked on to a target before they appear.

@PL_Cmd_Jacek Did the previous patch fix the multiplayer message box. Don't play to test if it works.
Old 08-31-10, 01:50 PM   #185
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
@PL_Cmd_Jacek Did the previous patch fix the multiplayer message box. Don't play to test if it works.
no, the multiplayer box does not work. I checked with both version of patch. BTW in download section of subsim there are two version of patch and only one is correct .

Short question, what for is the lamp on the screen ?

Old 08-31-10, 02:00 PM   #186
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
no, the multiplayer box does not work. I checked with both version of patch. BTW in download section of subsim there are two version of patch and only one is correct .

Short question, what for is the lamp on the screen ?

Pity, Any chance of returning to stock and taking ascreenshot of the messagebox in multiplayer.
That way I'll have an idea what I'm looking for.

That button is a Lock Toggle (Same as spacebar)
Old 08-31-10, 02:03 PM   #187
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

fantastic work reaper7.

I see you've been a busy boy. But IMO, i prefer scopes or binocs that don't show the eyepiece or background. I mean.. you're supposed to be looking through it not at it.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 02:17 PM   #188
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
fantastic work reaper7.

I see you've been a busy boy. But IMO, i prefer scopes or binocs that don't show the eyepiece or background. I mean.. you're supposed to be looking through it not at it.
Hi Gutted good to have you back .

Thanks for positive feedback. Ya had some critism for my use of eyecandy, but I'm a pushover for looks .
I have a section for addons in the second post of this thread, that I could include the blackscreen with the optics viewhole if people want it.

Looking at starting a skin makeover for the SH5 Ships, just started recently - posted in TDW SH3/3 Import thread for screenshot of first skin. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174200
Hopefully I'll start a co-operative thread to get lots of skins made up, if I can figure out how to get SH5 to apply random skins. Doesn't appear to be working like it did for sh4 .
Old 08-31-10, 02:30 PM   #189
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Pity, Any chance of returning to stock and taking ascreenshot of the messagebox in multiplayer.
That way I'll have an idea what I'm looking for.

That button is a Lock Toggle (Same as spacebar)
Aaaaa that is a Lock Toggle

Here is a screen from the stock game. That is what I am looking for.

Old 09-02-10, 04:25 PM   #190
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

Reaper7 and SteelViking and also the people who have helped you both to create all these fantastic mods you have made for us, thanks and thank u again.

Maybe when i have got the time again i will do you all a favour back and make a good Das Boot Sound mod.

Question
-Could you please add these two charts (GWX Mod for SH3) in your awsome mod
Conversion Tables: nautical miles/hour (knots) to kilometers/hour and
Conversion table: nautical miles/hour (knots) to meters/minute

Found a minor error
-Don't think I am the first one who says it but just incase, at one of the officers in the Officers clipboard it says time to turn but i asume it should be maximum range at current speed

Tip
-For the people who cant wait till the manual is ready, follow this link and download the U-Jagd mod for silent hunter 3 and look at manuals that came with the mod here is the link http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...Tables&page=19
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 05:33 PM   #191
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Aaaaa that is a Lock Toggle

Here is a screen from the stock game. That is what I am looking for.

Hi PL_Cmd_Jacek, Have a slution sorted.

Hopefully I'll get a patch uploaded tomorrow.

OK Patch uploaded for Multiplayer Message Box only.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2788

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob zombie View Post
Reaper7 and SteelViking and also the people who have helped you both to create all these fantastic mods you have made for us, thanks and thank u again.

Maybe when i have got the time again i will do you all a favour back and make a good Das Boot Sound mod.

Question
-Could you please add these two charts (GWX Mod for SH3) in your awsome mod
Conversion Tables: nautical miles/hour (knots) to kilometers/hour and
Conversion table: nautical miles/hour (knots) to meters/minute

Found a minor error
-Don't think I am the first one who says it but just incase, at one of the officers in the Officers clipboard it says time to turn but i asume it should be maximum range at current speed

Tip
-For the people who cant wait till the manual is ready, follow this link and download the U-Jagd mod for silent hunter 3 and look at manuals that came with the mod here is the link http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...Tables&page=19
Thanks rob zombie, I'll have a look at them and see about having them included.
Will take a look at the order to see if its an issue.

Last edited by reaper7; 09-03-10 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-02-10, 11:49 PM   #192
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

do you need to have patch 1.2 installed for this to work properly? would it work with patch 1.1?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 01:32 AM   #193
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
do you need to have patch 1.2 installed for this to work properly? would it work with patch 1.1?
Yes, it should work with Patch 1.1
Old 09-03-10, 03:59 AM   #194
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

/offtopic

Reaper, can build up a new UI mod where is nothing else that the chat box? Something like this:

Leave the stock ui only on map view, and hide anything else in scope and standard view except chatbox and maybe a fuel bar as there is no fuel/battery dial in command/attack scope room.

/end offtopic
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 08:03 AM   #195
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
/offtopic

Reaper, can build up a new UI mod where is nothing else that the chat box? Something like this:

Leave the stock ui only on map view, and hide anything else in scope and standard view except chatbox and maybe a fuel bar as there is no fuel/battery dial in command/attack scope room.

/end offtopic
Hi Magnum, Hopefully I can get around to doing something soon. Trying to finish up this version of my UI.
But have started a new Ship Reskin Mod (Not much done in this as hitting ro******* every direction I go), but this I wish to expand into a new recognition manual in conjunction with the skins.

If I get time I'll try to knock up what your looking for.
Can you do, if possible a screenshot of each station and interior/exterior of the look you want if possible.
I think I know what your looking for, and it should not be very hard to accomplish as its basically just removing everything from onscreen.
If I do maybe I could make that integrated Rec Man you were looking for before for the map view also.