Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-23, 01:26 PM   #181
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Claus Schwab, WEF spraying chemtrails in the sky to take over the world needs its own thread filed with things like alien abductions and the Illuminati.
Sorry for derailing your interesting thread about Climate changes and the propaganda.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-23, 03:47 PM   #182
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Plant more trees. Have a good day.
Old 09-18-23, 01:14 PM   #183
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-23, 02:59 PM   #184
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Soon there will be no ice left to take probes from for comparison, this will cure the problem for some of the loudest critics of climate change

Seriously, there seems to be a problem – all crises of evolution (meaning a worldwide drop in species numbers) always followed a CO2 rise *, regardless where the latter came from. You can measure this in deep drilling core probes of sediments, not only in ice.
We know where it comes from now anyway. CO2 does not rise because of a worldwide temperature gradient, it used to be the other way round
But whether if we understand it or not, there is not enough done by research and limiting exhaust gases and we and the children will have to live with it. As i understand it it is too late to counter it now anyway.

* edit: With one exception: when the first O2-producing organisms arrived on the world's stage (making use of the overwhelming CO2-saturated atmosphere), the O2 created by them led to a mass extinction of anaerobic life, very early in earth's biological development. O2 was indeed a new and poisonous gas, for them.
In Jurassic times (you know T. Rex and all that) the O2 level was so high that insects with their trachoid respiration could reach enormous (compared to recent time) dimensions, along with other O2-respirating life.

Again: Rising levels of CO2 do not only generate more heat in earth's atmosphere, it is a direct threat to all O2-breathing life.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-19-23 at 03:43 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-23, 03:39 PM   #185
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I don’t deny it, a no ice scenario is a very real possibility. My thoughts however is it’s a naturally occurring phenomena and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it other than to adapt. What have corporations or governments achieved? They have raised taxes (you have to ask yourself what has government ever fixed by raising taxes?), the cost of energy has skyrocketed because of stupid ideas, destroyed the environment even further and condemn third world poor to slavery to dig their goblin ore. And the sloganeering has everybody ignorant of it or if confronted believe the death and suffering of others is worth it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-18-23 at 08:08 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-23, 01:03 PM   #186
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

This is utter fookin’ climate change fanboy nonsense. But it’s what happens when people stop thinking.

Old 09-19-23, 01:18 PM   #187
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

We really need to make those people allergic to air.
Old 09-19-23, 02:54 PM   #188
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
That was a great video Markus.
Old 09-19-23, 03:43 PM   #189
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
That was a great video Markus.
Yes indeed !

Old 09-19-23, 05:01 PM   #190
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

At or around 11:20 he shows a graph which appears to shows how quickly global temperatures are changing. However what he failed to mention. It’s during that same period 1950’s or so onward we began and continue to increase the number monitoring stations around the globe. So yes, I think you will find a dramatic increase in a short period of time as stations are placed in climates that were never monitored before particularly hotter arid areas. I might be mistaken but I don’t think the graph represents global average either, I think it actually shows temperature anomalies.

I would agree the Milankovitch cycle not being a major contributor. But there are other factors he didn’t touch on such as increased solar activity the last fifty years Solar winds and radiation, changes in the magnetosphere, mantle convection which may be contributing to a surge methane. Mantle plumes warming oceans and arctic cap. In addition to further death & destruction caused by lobbyists saving the planet leading to even further deforestation, excavation, slavery digging up the goblin ore.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-20-23 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-19-23, 05:10 PM   #191
Catfish

As far as I now Milankovic cycles are following CO2 peaks, whatever caused them. Volcanoes and plate tectonics (Deccan trapps etc.) are usually used for explanation, as well as the rise of plants producing toxic O2 gases for the primoridal anaerobic organisms, thus producing O2 out of CO2 and making CO2 levels fall (and thus decreasing atmospheric temperatures). Still, we know what caused the recent CO2 rise (century-wise) if we do not put our heads in the sand.

Putting up of monitoring stations gives us exact numbers for detailed dates, but this is not really useful when you want to compare it with more general numbers found in sediments of some million years ago.
On the other hand you have detailed temperature and atmospheric data of a certain day or even hour in the jurassic for example (like a coral calcite piece having been turned around during a storm back then with all kinds of other data), but even this does not give us clues of the overall situation of this particular year. You can only use deep drilling cores for getting a general picture

Last edited by Catfish; 09-19-23 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-20-23, 09:34 AM   #192
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Talk about the potential for climate change. If it hits, so much for all the solar and wind farms. We’ll be going right back to using oil coal and wood.

NASA predicts large asteroid impact could be in Earth’s future

BY BILL SHANNON - 09/20/23 7:14 AM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/space/4...earths-future/

Quote:
(WTAJ) — NASA scientists are predicting a chance that asteroid Bennu will strike Earth in the future, potentially affecting an area the size of Texas.

Bennu is a Near-Earth Object (NEO) that passes by the planet roughly every six years, and experts have been watching it since it was discovered in September 1999. According to scientists, Bennu has a chance to pass through what they call a “gravity keyhole,” which would send it on a collision course with Earth in the year 2182.

A new paper from the OSIRIS-REx science team predicts Bennu has a 0.037% chance (1 in 2,700) of hitting Earth; this will largely depend on another flyby. In 2135, Bennu will zoom past Earth just close enough that our planet’s gravitational pull could affect it in just the right way to put it on a path to hit us on Sept. 24, 2182 — almost 159 years to the day from this writing.

The Bennu asteroid is a third of a mile wide, roughly three city blocks. It could affect an area the size of Texas by its impact. Bennu, however, is still far smaller than the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago, which is said to have been six miles wide.

While much smaller, IFLS.com says the impact would unleash 1,200 megatons of energy — 24 times more powerful than any man-made nuclear weapon.

“We’ve never modeled an asteroid’s trajectory to this precision before,” said Davide Farnocchia, the study lead from the Center for Near-Earth Object Studies. “The OSIRIS-REx data give us so much more precise information, we can test the limits of our models and calculate the future trajectory of Bennu to a very high degree of certainty through 2135,” Farnocchia added.

Old 09-22-23, 09:54 PM   #193
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Default September 23rd

So what's going to happen tomorrow?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/09/2...ons-take-over/
Old 09-23-23, 02:37 PM   #194
Catfish

^ if i see a Pteranodon tomorrow it would make me happy
But then I just found out the beer reserves are dry and it's sunday tomorrow.
Doooom

Old 09-23-23, 03:29 PM   #195
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
So what's going to happen tomorrow?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/09/2...ons-take-over/
I know what's going to happen
An artificiel moon will approach Earth tomorrow Afternoon CEST