SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-11, 07:43 AM   #616
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

...you have to ask Rongel, and he released that allready ithink

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 07:49 AM   #617
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...you have to ask Rongel, and he released that allready ithink
nope... i mean to make all teh 50 waves that you use in your mod to have the ''wasserbomben sound on it''... you have only 25 with that sound and others are cracks, farts, etc... i replaced the 25 imprecise sounds with the other 25 precise sounds
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:28 AM   #618
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
nope... i mean to make all teh 50 waves that you use in your mod to have the ''wasserbomben sound on it''... you have only 25 with that sound and others are cracks, farts, etc... i replaced the 25 imprecise sounds with the other 25 precise sounds
i think only 4-6 are playing that "Wasserbomben" or fitting samples in SDBSM, normaly the rest play scary crew, commander`s comments and background noise like creks and so on.

Old 05-05-11, 08:32 AM   #619
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

ithink now i got it, 25 of the 50 are background noise samples that you exchanged with the rest of the 50 (25)...

Old 05-05-11, 08:32 AM   #620
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
i think only 4-6 are playing that "Wasserbomben" or fitting samples in SDBSM, normaly the rest play scary crew, commander`s comments and background noise like creks and so on.
well... now all 50 of them are played ''wasserbomben sound''... i hope all that wave sounds are called only when a depth charge touch the water surface
Old 05-06-11, 11:53 AM   #621
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Today I tried your optional scary creaks mod and is really excellent! Thank you VERY much Stormy!

Just got to try out, why I have now a problem with LI (IIWO is OK, but LI is not in MFCM 1.2.1 alt with beards-look) - has no flannel shirt and officer cap:

MFCM 1.2.1 alt with beards is overwritten newly by beta6, but beta v.6 not cause this problem or?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 05-06-11 at 12:06 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 12:29 PM   #622
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Today I tried your optional scary creaks mod and is really excellent! Thank you VERY much Stormy!

Just got to try out, why I have now a problem with LI (IIWO is OK, but LI is not in MFCM 1.2.1 alt with beards-look) - has no flannel shirt and officer cap:

MFCM 1.2.1 alt with beards is overwritten newly by beta6, but beta v.6 not cause this problem or?
sometimes i have a little delay til the textures change for him... it could also be that you run out of mem and the sim is behaving strange for some reason... the new creaks are in stereo now and a bit bigger in size, would be kind if you could look closer at it.

To free up some mem, also try enabeling the optional "untouched 22Khz samples" mod which is part of SDBSM, enable right after base package...

Old 05-07-11, 12:30 PM   #623
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post

another hint or question, do you have the same problem in campaign ?

Old 05-07-11, 01:16 PM   #624
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

@Stormy... you know... what do you think?.... after farts maybe you can complete your sound mod collection with this sound:

http://www.pacdv.com/sounds/people_s...s/peeing-1.wav

i think will be a nice addition to the game
Old 05-07-11, 01:40 PM   #625
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
sometimes i have a little delay til the textures change for him... it could also be that you run out of mem and the sim is behaving strange for some reason... the new creaks are in stereo now and a bit bigger in size, would be kind if you could look closer at it.

To free up some mem, also try enabeling the optional "untouched 22Khz samples" mod which is part of SDBSM, enable right after base package...
Thabnk you Stormfly! All is OK with your 22Khz samples mod!
THANK YOU

Now I use really all your sound mods!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 09:21 PM   #626
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

little update...

just re enabled SDBSM and found now a repeating and after diving not fitting "recharge the batteries" command sample, seams that i forgot delivering this normaly silented sample, someone the same problem ?

i plan further changing "incomming commanders message sample" as it is played twice sometimes if TDW UI used and the receiving event occours without TC. cant do and test that at current because NewUI 6.5.1 produce a CTD on my sys while starting SH5.

not shure if i should change those "3D pleasure after torp hit samples" (they are saying "Yes" to often and for a to long time after torp impact`s).

also planed for the next release is adding the additional crew messages beta, together with more variation (shuffeling samples) for most of those sounds played via commands.cfg example "surface the boat" etc... (could get boring over time)

Last edited by Stormfly; 05-13-11 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-12-11, 11:31 PM   #627
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

Apart from the fart sounds, should throw in something funny to make us laugh every now and then, like the toilet on the u boat, walk past it and here noises of someone in there like flushing sound or straining hahaha..
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 06:10 AM   #628
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...you need a crew member then there, maybe later if the "more crew mod" is released.

Old 05-15-11, 08:54 AM   #629
MiTon
Sparky

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 2

Hi Stromfly!

I realy like the cracking sounds, but for me they are starting at 20m of depth, which seems quite strange!
Is there a way to fix this?

Thx in advance

regards

Miton
MiTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:52 AM   #630
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

the different creak levels are triggered with higher "level number samples" if you go deeper...

what you could do is lowering or exchanging creak level 1 with a more fitting sound, if you like the new level 1 creak and wont delete it, exchange another level creak with level 1 creak. then just use the old level 1 creak from SDBSM for a "new" level 1 creak, its much more realistic in my eyes...

simply compare the old creaks with the new ones and decide in which position you want to use the creaks, the old level 1 creak is for shallow depts, level 2 deeper etc... in general the old creaks are more realistic but not so much scaring.

Last edited by Stormfly; 05-15-11 at 10:03 AM.

Tags
favorite