SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-12, 01:06 AM   #166
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2Cold View Post
This game will succeed I assure you. As i stated before this is a F2P game which means the developpers are gonna stay focused on this project. Look at any F2P game (Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free , APB Reloaded, MicroVolts) They're all F2P games and always have new updates and patches.Besides Silent Hunter V didn't have beta. But Silent Hunter Online will have a beta. Beta is only to test the game and search for bugs. So if there is a beta for this game they will fix the bugs.
How is the kool-aid?

Old 05-01-12, 05:55 AM   #167
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltonfilhos View Post
If microsoft who maybe have a much larger community, failed with the "Flight"
why the ubisoft think will achieve some success with this??
or am I crazy or are they.
Maybe UBI will release a game that is, you know, entertaining? MS Flight failed hard because there literally is nothing to do in the game but fly over a lifeless, static Hawaii.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 12:56 PM   #168
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35

You know whats the worst thing about silenthunteronlineblahblablah game?

Our talented modders cannot fix it
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 02:33 PM   #169
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

How do you know they'd have to?
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 03:07 PM   #170
andwii
Frogman

Downloads: 76

exactly. I am with holding judgment and im hoping to get into the beta. I for one think its a cool concept that our collective efforts will change the war in our favor (so says ubi).
andwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 03:41 PM   #171
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

Thanks, but I guess I will pass on this. Hope it works out, though, and people like it.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 04:24 AM   #172
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2

With a bit of luck there is one thing that may happen with this type of silent hunter game. They may expand it over time if the initial game is judged a success. We may finally get British U, S, and T class subs in the Mediteranean as well as Jap I type boats in the Pacific, not to mention other senarios. Anyone fancy attacking Tirpitz in an X craft? Lets play it first and see, it will be a new experience for me as I don't own a console and have not played online games. I cannot see the point of them, any fool can aim the sight and pull the trigger, our sub sims are so much more than that. The screen shots look good, lets play it and then praise or condem whichever is correct.
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 02:57 PM   #173
codmander
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 59
Default shonline

awesome trailer graphics... that should be in the next sh game graphics anything less would probly be dissapointing allthough I think a mpgame with no ports just a convoy, u boats, and destoyers get to command merchants,subs or drop dc's from destoyers on your buddys would be ok
codmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 04:01 PM   #174
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmander View Post
awesome trailer graphics... that should be in the next sh game graphics anything less would probly be dissapointing
Old 05-02-12, 04:52 PM   #175
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

There seems to be quite a disconnect between the "trailer graphics" and what is visible in the actual periscope shown in the still images. I hope it's not just a render for advertising purposes.
Old 05-02-12, 06:11 PM   #176
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Flash 11 seams to be bull****, not capable rendering 3D interrior ? (just kidding, but shame on you UBI)

...the community demand a second "Destroyer Command" (what was aviable for SH2) for beeing able fighting each other, if they manage to combine a MMO with full 3D support and pilotable surface vessels (human DD´s protecting a convoy) maybe also other ships like cruisers or BB`s, in a realistic sim (not a housewive like "casualator"), it could grow to a real winner...

Last edited by Stormfly; 05-02-12 at 06:24 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 08:54 PM   #177
jpinard
Mate

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2Cold View Post
This game will succeed I assure you. As i stated before this is a F2P game which means the developers are gonna stay focused on this project. Look at any F2P game (Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free , APB Reloaded, MicroVolts) They're all F2P games and always have new updates and patches.Besides Silent Hunter V didn't have beta. But Silent Hunter Online will have a beta. Beta is only to test the game and search for bugs. So if there is a beta for this game they will fix the bugs.
APB Reloaded has been a financial disaster. I'm not sure how you can call that a success. Furthermore your whole beta argument is insane. All UBisoft products go through internal beta. The issue is UBIsoft executives didn't give a crap to allow the Romanian developers to finish the game. All a UBIexec has to do is visit this forum for 10 minutes, laugh at how angst ridden we all are while he pockets another million dollar bonus.

Sadly, the state of the industry for large publishers is narrowing your options. I wish CoD would suddenly go out of vogue so Activision could collapse under its annihilation of diversity in gaming. Instead the Activision model is a beacon to the likes of EA to narrow and dump anything different or interesting.
jpinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 02:19 AM   #178
Gotmilk
Planesman

The trailer graphics is just trailer graphics. You wont see it in the game. Flash 3D molelhill API wont be able to support it. When you look at the screenshot (the one with periscope) you can see how the actual 3D ocean looks like. Its gonna be SH3 and probably there wont be any 3D interiors. I bet that you only see screenshots of interiors overlayed with chatroom and "push of a button" fireing solutions.
Old 05-03-12, 02:47 AM   #179
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
The trailer graphics is just trailer graphics. You wont see it in the game.
Correct - boys, did you forget the "real game footage" from SH5 trailer?
Now it looks like trailer SHO is done by SH5 'photoshopped' engine.
I don't know about you, but I'm waiting for gameplay only.

But... WTF is this??? Guilds? Trade???

Last edited by PL_Andrev; 05-03-12 at 03:00 AM.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 04:00 AM   #180
Gotmilk
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post

But... WTF is this??? Guilds? Trade???
Well haven't you ever heard about the infamous Atlantic Wolves guild.

This only shows how flawed the game really is. Why do we have to have guilds? Its not a fantasy mmo. Just imagine if EvE online had guilds instead of corporations

Since guild is a basically a group then why don't they just call it "Wolfpack"

For me this only shows one thing. The developers do not care. There gonna go with the name "guild" because thats what kiddies know. They are just gonna take SH franchise and slap it on a Farmville simulator. Thats all.

It is business. It is all about the money because UBI will never do a SH6 and they do not want to waste a good name.

This is the final rape action against the franchise and then we will never see it again.
And when you tell your friends that you are Silent Hunter player they will automatically think that you are playing that silly online kiddy game.