SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-22, 10:18 PM   #1
Mar01
Sovereign

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default I'm sorry

It's yet another "help me put together a modsoup" thread.

Believe me when I tell you that I wouldn't be bothering you folks if I had any other choice, but I simply don't have the time to mess around with this stuff like I used to and I miss those days so badly that I'm asking for your help.

I'm confused by what the mega mods are, the sticky threads aren't very descriptive, and I just can't figure out which GUI mods go on what, how, why, my brain is fried at this point after trying to push myself to figure this out before I have to go back to work.

Here are the most important things I want out of SH3 now:

MagUI (I LOVED using this in the old days, with the giant compass to set my heading with (was there an even bigger one that popped out from the right? Is that a separate mod?), the nice shiny tdc dials, etc etc can't live without it).
Attack disc, giant map tool compass rose, etc.

Highest resolution I can have with MagUI (my screen is 3440x1440, 21:9... can lower it to make the game playable in windowed mode if I must).

Lots of hotkeys... big screen means big mouse travel distance... lol.

Stability over everything else.

The option to have ALL subs, equipment, weapons, torpedoes, etc available to me to use all the way through the campaign OR...

If that is not possible then at least give me unlimited renown (or whatever it is, been years since I played) so I can purchase whatever I want as soon as it becomes available (can I just edit my save?).

All the eye candy that can be mustered while keeping stability. My computer will laugh at any attempt to slow it down. I understand the same can't be said about the game itself however.

Realistic handling of the sub like in SH5 TWoS would be nice. I tried SH5 TWoS and I like it, but I really like the Type XXI more...

So if you want to waste your time doing my work for me I would really appreciate it.

But if it's all too much... I could at least just run GWX with MagUI, but I still haven't figured out how to get the game to run with a higher resolution than 1024x768.
Old 05-29-22, 10:41 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Mar01! the infamous 7-year-itch has brought U 2 the surface from a silent run since 2015! Good help will arrive shortly.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 10:43 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar01 View Post
It's yet another "help me put together a modsoup" thread.

Believe me when I tell you that I wouldn't be bothering you folks if I had any other choice, but I simply don't have the time to mess around with this stuff like I used to and I miss those days so badly that I'm asking for your help.

I'm confused by what the mega mods are, the sticky threads aren't very descriptive, and I just can't figure out which GUI mods go on what, how, why, my brain is fried at this point after trying to push myself to figure this out before I have to go back to work.

Here are the most important things I want out of SH3 now:

MagUI (I LOVED using this in the old days, with the giant compass to set my heading with (was there an even bigger one that popped out from the right? Is that a separate mod?), the nice shiny tdc dials, etc etc can't live without it).
Attack disc, giant map tool compass rose, etc.

Highest resolution I can have with MagUI (my screen is 3440x1440, 21:9... can lower it to make the game playable in windowed mode if I must).

Lots of hotkeys... big screen means big mouse travel distance... lol.

Stability over everything else.

The option to have ALL subs, equipment, weapons, torpedoes, etc available to me to use all the way through the campaign OR...

If that is not possible then at least give me unlimited renown (or whatever it is, been years since I played) so I can purchase whatever I want as soon as it becomes available (can I just edit my save?).

All the eye candy that can be mustered while keeping stability. My computer will laugh at any attempt to slow it down. I understand the same can't be said about the game itself however.

Realistic handling of the sub like in SH5 TWoS would be nice. I tried SH5 TWoS and I like it, but I really like the Type XXI more...

So if you want to waste your time doing my work for me I would really appreciate it.

But if it's all too much... I could at least just run GWX with MagUI, but I still haven't figured out how to get the game to run with a higher resolution than 1024x768.
Is 3, that come to mind, off hand...

1. Fifi's enhanced NYGM

This, is in a 1920x1080 rez scale. Is pretty well put together, all that is needed, is to unzip... place the folder for it any where you want to, just (& this applies to all the others I'll mention here, as well... ) just avoid placing it in either of Windows UAC terror-tories of \Program files or \Program files (x86).

Can be found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=249060

2. OneAlex's GWX reworx SH3

As with mentioned above... this is all ready to roll with, after unzipping. Will be a few optional add in mods to decide if you want to use them or not... if you chose to, then all that is needed, is to use JSGME, to activate them.

This, is the latest version... v1.52

Can be found, here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Fi...DmQDVAE1Y/view

3. ToyotaGT86's GWX SH3 reworx

This one, is a bit more... 1 where you have to do most of the work yourself to set up... do have to say, it is fairly good... not sure what the status is, on updates as it goes... though. (1 is being updated & is slated to have the latest update, released sometime in the next... mhmmm... 4-7 days, time frame... 2, last I heard, was being worked on an update to v1.53, but... know that the main modder behind it, is located in the Ukraine.. & unless you've been squirreled away in a basement, under a rock... well... you know, just what the... situation is there, ongoing. )

While this 1... needs some TLC, in setting up... it is relatively... not too difficult to follow along on the instructions...

Hope this info, helps...

M. M.
Old 05-29-22, 10:49 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

2 minutes later is pretty...shortly!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 12:53 AM   #5
Mar01
Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
2 minutes later is pretty...shortly!
No joke! It's much appreciated.

I'm trying to run ToyotaGT86's setup, but I still can't figure out how to change resolution away from 1024x768. I even tried adding this and following its instructions, but it changes nothing: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=1092
Old 05-30-22, 01:20 AM   #6
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

If you set your desktop to 1920x1080 resolution, then running any megamod supporting same resolution GUI (like Toyota, Onealex or mine) you should play at 1920x1080
Higher than that would give troubles imho
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 04:59 AM   #7
Mar01
Sovereign

I have to play in windowed mode, not fullscreen. My screen is 21:9, not 16:9, and the game will always stretch itself to fill any black bars on the side when I run it fullscreen. Is it not possible to change the resolution in windowed mode? If not then I will not be able to play.
Old 05-30-22, 11:36 AM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar01 View Post
I have to play in windowed mode, not fullscreen. My screen is 21:9, not 16:9, and the game will always stretch itself to fill any black bars on the side when I run it fullscreen. Is it not possible to change the resolution in windowed mode? If not then I will not be able to play.
21:9, is not too much different than 1920:1080 rez... what I found helps.. is to adjust the screen rez from native settings, to the aforementioned 1920x1080 setting... launch & the sim will then play in that rez. Now, note.. depending on the monitor, may result in differences that it can't quite... adjust to, but... it will play, just the same.

That noted difference is, for some monitors, the size of things in game will be... smaller looking. As an aside on that, My monitors native rez, is 16:9, so... it falls into being small looking while playing... can't be helped. I take that with a 25 ship C2 cargo convoy of sea salt hauling... & roll on.

Now, am of the thought... that with your native rez, being 21:9, as mentioned... which is a heck of a lot closer, (if I have this rightly... ) to 1920:1080, than Mine is.

Therefore... the size of everything, in game... should be near to spot on as it should be, were you using a monitor that supported outright, 1920x1080 native rez.

Simplest solution, would be... to go into your graphics card control panel, go to 'Display' options section, go into the change resolution section & select 1920x1080 (if there is such a choice listed in that list) If there isn't then there should be an option... to create a resolution scale of 1920x1080 & then selecting it to be used.... or barring that... into windows settings\display\ & in that section, see if there is... a 1920x1080 setting... & select it.

There is 1 other, possibility... in the same control panel of your graphics card, to force the game/sim to be ran in the rez setting for it... but, can't recall all the particulars of setting that up... hopefully another here... can walk you through on how to accomplish that feat... it involves the .exe properties... iirc, & telling the graphics card to use that games resolution settings, in this case... 1920x1080.

Hope this helps...

M. M.