SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-24, 10:01 AM   #76
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Yeah, fair enough. He's frustrated I reckon and doesn't really mean this. Playing 2K23 well is just a matter of getting the swing timing down. Of course you need to properly judge all factors -- wind, elevation, lie, slope -- but primarily it comes down to hitting your marks to attain the proper distance and direction. If you cannot do this reliably it will be frustrating no doubt.

We've actually attracted a couple more new players, but there is plenty of room for more if anyone wants to check out our society come on in. TPC Sawgrass ends tomorrow and then we are off to Pinehurst #2
Old 04-01-24, 10:52 AM   #77
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Did Sawgrass in my golf game, just three hours ago. 110. Already my second turn on Pro, last time I also needed 110 strokes. There is water. I am Aquarius. Go figure.

One thing is certain. I like to play golf - but for the most I am certainly free of talent.
Old 04-01-24, 11:35 AM   #78
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I like to play golf it's fun I don't care I get so high score.

Yes I was a kind of frustrated not being able to click on the right time when these two bars goes around the 3-click barometer I want them to stand at
6 o'clock after my two clicks.

Sometimes I'm lucky hitting 11.20/25 or so.

Another thing that's for sure is:

Within a month from now I'm going to play more golf, which will be Golf+

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-24, 03:11 PM   #79
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I don't do VR but that's one game where I think I'd really like it. Have fun mate. In the mean time I hope you hang around with us.

The next course, Pinehurst #2 is maybe the only course in this game I have played in real life. It is diabolical, with raised and crowned greens seemingly on every hole. Just keeping your approach on the dance floor can be a challenge. A good test. See you on the back nine!
Old 04-01-24, 03:34 PM   #80
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I don't do VR but that's one game where I think I'd really like it. Have fun mate. In the mean time I hope you hang around with us.

The next course, Pinehurst #2 is maybe the only course in this game I have played in real life. It is diabolical, with raised and crowned greens seemingly on every hole. Just keeping your approach on the dance floor can be a challenge. A good test. See you on the back nine!
By following Skybirds VR thread I know I'm in for a treat when playing Golf+.

As long as the club exist I'm going to play my four rounds.

In real life-The only connection I ever had with real life golf was when I was working as serviceman on a golf course(Despite this I can't remember the green was uneven or diabolic in shape)This was spring and summer of -93.

Markus

Old 04-01-24, 04:25 PM   #81
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I thought you had played golf for real, Markus, but I obviously recall it wrong.

You then are best advised to really watch a few videos on youtube where they talk about stand and grip and the different swings for different clubs, especially once oyu got any kind of club attachment. Else you really run the risk of getting frustrated a bit when playing Golf+ in realistic mode. What they say in lessons about real golf you can almost 1:1 use in the virtual reality. I would not have been able to correct by myself several mistakes I made, I needed that input.

Just that knowing something and physically implementing it are two different shoes... Practice, practice.... They say improving in Golf is only very slowly. I admit I must confirm that. My latest hobby is the excessive draw, while before it was the excessive slice... Overcompensated during the correction attempt!

Do you need a golf glove? No, but it is a good safety if using an attachment like the Deadeye VR stuff. You swing these clubs with great power and speed inside your appartment where there is windows, TV, glas, fragile thinngs of all sort. Imagine you swing with power and the grip escapes ypour hand! Not good. The grip already is rubber-coated and helps to hold it tight, but with the glove the grip sits in your hand like glued-in. I cannot imagine how one could accidentally loose the club when swinging it powerfully. Thats the reason I got one glove for myself and especially for my Mum - simply for increased safety. - Golf gloves must sit tight, like a second skin. Uusally it is just one glove, form the non-dominant hand.
Old 04-01-24, 05:15 PM   #82
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

As mentioned some page back I played golf on my computer think it was my WIN98 SE computer. That's how far back it is.

The other thing about Golf+ I put in your VR thread.

Markus

Old 04-03-24, 11:26 AM   #83
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

You should give the real thing a go. You might like it and find yourself a life-long hobby.

In our virtual edition, this week we are at Pinehurst, which features raised and crowned greens that present very difficult approach shots. Imprecision leads to the ball rolling off the green, and you had better bring your best chipping game. Like chipping up on to a table. A stern test indeed.

This past event at Sawgrass was our best turn out in a long time. The recruiting efforts are paying off and I hope the field continues to grow. Good luck in North Carolina this week mate!
Old 04-21-24, 12:15 PM   #84
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65

I eagled the second hole at Pebble Beach. Managed a few birdies, too. Unfortunately, I also managed some bogies. In the end, I finished 18 at 2 under, which I thought was good for a piker like me.

I also play the EA Sports Masters title, which is also enjoyable, though I don't even want to talk about St. Andrews. The horror...the horror!
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-24, 01:31 PM   #85
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Hmm I have given up on improving my putting or getting more luck-I tell you 80 to 90 % of my putting the ball roll very close by the hole without going in. My bad luck.
Water! Don't mention water to my balls, when they see water they make a 90 degrees turn and crush into the water, the same goes with sandbunkers

I play 'cause it's fun.

Markus

Old 04-22-24, 09:14 AM   #86
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubaas View Post
I eagled the second hole at Pebble Beach. Managed a few birdies, too. Unfortunately, I also managed some bogies.

Nice eagle

Is this in 2K23? Come join our society mate. Look for Duck Hook Divot Diggers Club. New event starts tomorrow night. It's fun, it's free and the settings are generous to allow every to have a good time.

There's still time to play the current tournament at Sky Peaks if you're keen
Old 04-25-24, 07:43 AM   #87
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Or, just ignore the invitation, either way works lol

I'm happy we've been able to attract some new players to the society, thanks everyone for joining. One of the guys is really good and my wins have dried up as a result, but that's just fine. This week though I gave it my best, and while I understand this could have a negative effect on recruitment, I just had to post it. Not everyday you shoot a round like this

My final round at this week's tournament at Hawk's Nest Golf Club

Old 04-25-24, 07:45 AM   #88
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Or, just ignore the invitation, either way works lol

I'm happy we've been able to attract some new players to the society, thanks everyone for joining. One of the guys is really good and my wins have dried up as a result, but that's just fine. This week though I gave it my best, and while I understand this could have a negative effect on recruitment, I just had to post it. Not everyday you shoot a round like this

My final round at this week's tournament at Hawk's Nest Golf Club

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...ilename/53.jpg

As soon as I had posted it the site hosting the image went slow. Check later if it doesn't load

Last edited by Threadfin; 04-25-24 at 08:13 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 08:13 AM   #89
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Nice eagle

Is this in 2K23? Come join our society mate. Look for Duck Hook Divot Diggers Club. New event starts tomorrow night. It's fun, it's free and the settings are generous to allow every to have a good time.

There's still time to play the current tournament at Sky Peaks if you're keen
Yes, 2K23. I also play EA Sports PGA Tour Road to the Masters. That's also quite good. I'm playing them on my PS5. I'd say I'm approximately average in player skill, LOL! But I do enjoy a round in between games as an NFL quarterback, or as the new Babe Ruth in MLB The Show.

I've also discovered that I like to play snooker, since acquiring a PS5. Which is unexpected, because I didn't even know how to play snooker when I got the PS5. But I read up on the rules and started playing and now I enjoy playing in tournaments a lot. I'm surprised that it hasn't caught on here in the US.

I keep the PS5 oriented to sports and still use my PC for things like submarine sims and such. It gives me things to do now that I'm feeling my age. I still go out and do ranch chores and such, just at a slower pace than I once did them.

Thanks for the invitation! I may pop round and play a few holes with you guys one of these days.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 08:18 AM   #90
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

My position in the ongoing tournament is to be last.

Markus