SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-23, 12:18 PM   #11
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 December 1943

DEI
New Mexico and Arizona completed another lap of shelling Koepang and rearming; 9 casualties reported this time. Part of the reason I'm doing this is to make it appear that Koepang is my next target after Ambon, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with how little resistance there was to building my airbase right next to Makassar, so Makassar's where I'm going next. Should catch him by surprise with that. Makassar will bring Surabaya within non-extended range of Corsairs and within extended range (500-lb bomb instead of 1000-lb) for SBDs and SB2Cs. Although at this point I think the B-24 raids on Surabaya have deterred the enemy from using the port any further.

Air raids:
Koepang (ground forces): 19 casualties
Babo (ground forces) 17 casualties (the raid caused by an enemy unit getting wiped out, probably at Ambon, so the AI chose this squadron's next target. This is a minor oil-generating port so far behind my lines there's no need to bomb it or even retake it)

China
Air raids:
Anking (ground forces): 19 casualties

ground combat:
near Anking: Enemy reinforcements had already arrived, I'm outnumbered 19,261 to 27,900. Our deliberate attack resulted 176 to 908 casualties favoring the enemy. Time to pull back.

I am noticing that the enemy has moved a lot of troops to Sinyang, and my flanking force further north hasn't been needed to block enemy troops for awhile... I'd much rather fight the enemy at my base in Sinyang than trying to kill them in a well-defended bastion.

Burma and Thailand
Air raids:
Pisanuloke (ground forces): 131 casualties
Rahaeng (ground forces) 21 casualties

B-24s that had been assigned to bomb Port Blair were assigned by the AI to hit Bangkok since I didn't manually give them new orders. The raid of 7 planes ran into 81 enemy fighters on CAP. None of them made it home. We got 1 Tony and 2 Georges.

Reinforcements
DD Healy arrives at Eastern USA
DD Petard arrives at Aden
SS Gabilan arrives at Balboa
VB-136 arrives at Oak Harbor
443rd TCG/315th TCS arrives at Ledo
Merrills Marauders Regiment arrives at Aden
38th Infantry Division arrives at Eastern USA