SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-07, 01:03 PM   #151
robbierob2005
Watch Officer

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack
Lydia,

I am sure you understand what Pioneer very kindly said here, since you write in English yourself, but anyway just in case:

Vrij vertaald:
Pioneer is net als de anderen geschokt door wat gebeurd is met je vader, hij condoleert jou en alle familie van Bram en zegt dat bloemen sturen misschien niet helemaal gepast is, met name vanwege de afstand. Hij zou toch graag iets te willen doen en vraagt of jouw vader misschien betrokken was bij een of ander goed doel (sorry als dit dubbelzinnig klinkt trouwens). Het lijkt Pioneer een goed idee dat de subsim.com leden ter ere van hem wat geld inzamelen en aan dat doel overmaken (o.v.v. Ter nagedachtenis van Bram Zeegers, neem ik dan aan)

Zou je hierover eens willen nadenken, bespreken met je familie en hier willen reageren alsjeblieft ?

Heel veel sterkte gewenst. Maak iets moois van je leven. You're worth it
En dat lijkt me een goed idee
And that sounds a good idea to me
robbierob2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:20 PM   #152
LydiaTamarZeegers

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy70
Sad to hear when these things happens och mina kondelanser till familjen.
(Didn't know how to say it good in English so I said it in Swedish).
Thank you
LydiaTamarZeegers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:22 PM   #153
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer
Question for his daughter...if I may.

Lydia. Most of the people here may never have met or spoken to your father, but they are shocked by his departure. Your and your family have my condolences. From such a distance sending flowers may not be appropiate, perhaps there was a charity your father believed in that members might be able to make a donation to in his name.

Respectfully, could one of the Dutch members translate that for me. Many thanks.
Thank you,

That is a very good idea if people are willing to do that..
Old 10-17-07, 01:23 PM   #154
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Lydia,

I am sure you understand what Pioneer very kindly said here, since you write in English yourself, but anyway just in case:

Vrij vertaald:
Pioneer is net als de anderen geschokt door wat gebeurd is met je vader, hij condoleert jou en alle familie van Bram en zegt dat bloemen sturen misschien niet helemaal gepast is, met name vanwege de afstand. Hij zou toch graag iets te willen doen en vraagt of jouw vader misschien betrokken was bij een of ander goed doel (sorry als dit dubbelzinnig klinkt trouwens). Het lijkt Pioneer een goed idee dat de subsim.com leden ter ere van hem wat geld inzamelen en aan dat doel overmaken (o.v.v. Ter nagedachtenis van Bram Zeegers, neem ik dan aan)

Zou je hierover eens willen nadenken, bespreken met je familie en hier willen reageren alsjeblieft ?

Quote:

Lydia. Most of the people here may never have met or spoken to your father, but they are shocked by his departure. Your and your family have my condolences. From such a distance sending flowers may not be appropiate, perhaps there was a charity your father believed in that members might be able to make a donation to in his name.

Respectfully, could one of the Dutch members translate that for me. Many thanks.
Dankjewel, ja ik heb het gelezen en vind het een heel mooi gebaar.. en denk dat mijn vader dat ook erg leuk zou hebben gevonden ..
Old 10-17-07, 01:23 PM   #155
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy70
Sad to hear when these things happens och mina kondelanser till familjen.
(Didn't know how to say it good in English so I said it in Swedish).
Hej.

Precis som du skrev; (=Just as you wrote)

..........condolences to the family.

I concur with my fellow Swede.

This is just terrible......

/Per
Thank you..
Old 10-17-07, 01:28 PM   #156
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob2005
Quote:
Lydia,

Vrij vertaald:

En dat lijkt me een goed idee
And that sounds a good idea to me
Als iedereen er zo positief over is zou ik dat zeker graag willen doen voor mijn vader
Old 10-17-07, 02:15 PM   #157
Dan D
Grey Wolf

Farewell,Abraham. My condolences to his family and close friends.
Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 04:21 PM   #158
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4

I come back from shore leave and then I see this... I´m speechless! Lydia, my condolences to you and your family!!! Farewell, Abe!
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 04:36 PM   #159
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I liked Holland so much, that I'm going to visit it again and those I met at the meeting in -05 Bram made such a impression on me, so I hoped that I could meet him again. That's late now

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 07:55 PM   #160
cowman1009
Watch

Downloads: 45

I haven't been on the forums for a bit....and to come back to this is simply shocking. He will indeed be missed.
Old 10-18-07, 05:54 AM   #161
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmoe
I come back from shore leave and then I see this... I´m speechless! Lydia, my condolences to you and your family!!! Farewell, Abe!
Thank you very much..
Old 10-18-07, 03:43 PM   #162
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Abraham was a good bloke a good member and well respected person on this here forum, i learnt alot from him and he taught me alot, including how to spell and punctuation in my own language.

He will be sadly missed as no one else ever pulled me up on spelling punctuation and grammer.

My condolencies lydia.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-07, 05:28 PM   #163
Hans Schultz
Sparky

Downloads: 5

Abraham,
May your soul rest in peace. I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Psalm 23:4
Hans Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-07, 05:30 PM   #164
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan
Abraham was a good bloke a good member and well respected person on this here forum, i learnt alot from him and he taught me alot, including how to spell and punctuation in my own language.

He will be sadly missed as no one else ever pulled me up on spelling punctuation and grammer.

My condolencies lydia.
My father was a great man.. I'm so proud of him..

Thank you..
Old 10-18-07, 05:32 PM   #165
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:

Hello to all subsimmers who knew my father Bram Zeegers,

I have kindly been asked here to suggest a charity/not for profit cause my father personally felt strongly about.

I have thought it over and although various charities come to mind, I feel my father would have considered it a great honor if the subsimming community here would organize a little fundraiser and make the result a special donation in his memory to Neal Stevens to invest in Subsim.com, a great place where my father got such a big kick out and met so many friendly people in the last stages of his earthly life.
I do not know how such a thing should be organized, but I am sure someone can take it from here.

So, on behalf of my father, whose spirit undoubtedly will continue to frequent subsim.com, I say: Thank you so much. My family and I are deeply moved by your kindness towards my father and me. God bless.