SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-16-07, 06:38 AM   #136
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

This is an opportunity I hadn't expected , Lydia. May I offer my personal condolences to you and your family.

The news has been truly shocking and unexpected.

Bram was a remarkable man ..... even more remarkable than I could have guessed as it turns out.

horsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 06:50 AM   #137
LydiaTamarZeegers

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
I would like to hear what Abraham would say if he would know that his daughter has followed his trail into this forum! Knowing his always present sense of humour, without doubt it would be a comment that would have made us smile.

@ Lydia,
trust in time.

Sounds shallow, but it's true. Your father and me had some hard struggles in the forum and more often in private mails - but even more peaceful and humorous conversations, and no matter what it was, we always respected each other. And no matter how angry I sometimes may have been (he really had the ability to let me go up the walls sometimes ) - he most often managed to let it end with a smile on my face. In other words: he left a heavy impression in my memory. Best wishings for you.
Hahaha, You are right.. I think he is very proud of me that I am doing this

Thank you very much.. My father was always very good in conversations
And it gives me a good feeling that he left a good impression here..
LydiaTamarZeegers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 06:52 AM   #138
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morts
lydia im truely sorry for your loss
Thank you..
Old 10-16-07, 06:53 AM   #139
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsa
This is an opportunity I hadn't expected , Lydia. May I offer my personal condolences to you and your family.

The news has been truly shocking and unexpected.

Bram was a remarkable man ..... even more remarkable than I could have guessed as it turns out.
That are very kind words.. Thank you very very much!! I am so happy that everybody is zo positive about him..
Old 10-16-07, 07:00 AM   #140
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack
My take......

Yesterday I had a pretty bad day. I went to the office, and I quickly read the headlines like I do every day. There was the article with subject line "Gamers miss Bram Zeegers". Then I read subsim.com.... HUH ?!

Wait a freakin' moment........Bram.........Abraham !!

I then went on to dig in Google for as much information as possible on Bram. I think I have been busy with that for 5 hours. Utterly amazed.

I have to explain I -unlike many- don't follow this "Holleeder" case. I know it's there but I didnt feel like spending my good time on it. Probably turning out another high expectations criminal case leading to injustice, thus not contributing to a better Holland.

Had I done that, I had known about Bram's involvement as a key witness already early this year !

And I could easily have gotten in contact with him, having his phone number and email adress.

You see, back in 2005 around the Subsim meet, he and I exchanged a couple of emails, and we were close to meeting. I didnt however attend the Subsim meet for personal reasons, but to this day regret it.

In that time he had just become involved as a witness, or so I gathered yesterday.

It appeared I still have his sunny emails in my hotmail inbox and reread them. He also told me then about his 16Y old daughter having an Israeli mother, and plenty more. However, nothing related to his involvement in this crime case.

Late december 2005 he sent me an email wishing me and my family a happy 2006 and proposed again we'd meet...

I wished him well but never replied to the meeting part.

[sigh].....Wow...

Ofcourse now I wonder if we had met...

Had he told me sooner or later about the situation he was in ?

What could I have done for him to somewhat lighten his burden and pain ? How much and exactly would that have had impact on me ?

But the drugs ? I cant imagine Bram as a drugs user. But then again, we can all fake on the net, cant we ? But still I cant or rather dont want to think of Bram being that different from how we all knew him here: An extremely intelligent and friendly guy, with a positive-christian outlook on life.

Questions...questions...

Weird, but only now I feel he was perhaps reaching out to me and I have let this man down

Bram, no way I can help you now (only by listening a bit I figure and discuss our mutual interests as in hobbies/recreational stuff that is), but I will remember you with fondness for the virtual and potentially real life friend of mine you could have been. I wish your family a lot of strength coping with the awefully great loss.

Wauw.. That gives me a great feeling knowing that he told about my mother and me..
Everybody here is so kind..
And you are saying that right.. My father and drugs? No.. Never..
Old 10-16-07, 07:01 AM   #141
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Avon Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaTamarZeegers
My father has told me about you.. And also to my mother.. Because my mother is also jewish..
Yes, your father told me about that, too, which makes you Jewish, of course.
Quote:
And my father told me that you are a strong woman from Israel..
Must be all those years of lifitng the grocery bags.

Old 10-16-07, 07:05 AM   #142
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3
Welcome to the family.

-edit- ummmm, did that sound a bit too freaky?

Haha thank you !
I am delighted !
Old 10-16-07, 07:19 AM   #143
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Hello Lydia,

I really enjoyed meeting your father and spending a little time with him at the 2005 Subsim meeting in Monnickendam. He had a great tour prepared for us and was an excellent host. It was my first time in Netherlands and I left with a very good impression, thanks in part to Abraham. Over the last three years I communicated with him a great deal by e-mail and the forums, where he was a moderator. I really miss him, and I know the Subsim community will always be a man short in our meetings, discussions, and voyages from now.

Neal
Subsim
Yes he told me about that meeting he was very excited and he enjoyed it also.( if i am seeying that right )
He told me so much about subsim ! He always was very positive about it.
He also 'pushed' my mom to become a member of this and also my brother!
I miss him too..
He did not deserve this.. But its not my duty to say that..

And if he is looking with me then i know he has a smile on his face.. Because you are all very kind!
Thank you very much for your support
Old 10-16-07, 07:28 AM   #144
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael
I just read through this entire thread. WOW! What a shock. My condolences go out to Abe's family. But it also sounds suspicious to me. Is there anything in the stories to suggest a self-induced OD? I, too, find it suspicious that everyone who gets close to this mob boss winds up dead. Are there any reports on his girlfriend's story and what might have happened? I wonder about the scenario being painted of an accidental self-induced overdose or did person or persons unknown "help" him on his way.

I find it significant that everyone who testifies against this mobster guy winds up dead. I suspect foul play. It makes me see the justice of the Huron in wanting this mobster burned alive in our council fires.
Thank you
Old 10-16-07, 10:02 AM   #145
Fish
Eternal Patrol

This was written in a blog on a discussion forum in the Netherlands.

Quote:
Collega Robert en ik zijn toen direct het forum ingedoken en hebben alle 3300 berichten nagelopen op relevantie voor de Zaak Holleeder. De verrassing was niet zo groot toen dat niet zo bleek te zijn. Wel kwam er een beeld naar voren van een erudiete, intelligente, humoristische, joviale en in zijn rol als forummoderator, soms strenge man die discussiert op het scherpst van de snede.
Translation:

The writer (Journalist Johan Boef) and his colleague together made a investigation on the 3300 posts (from Abraham) on relevance of the Holleeder case.
It was no surprise there was none. We became a image of a man who is erudite, intelligent, humoristic, jovial and in his role of forummoderator, a sometimes strict man who discussed at the edge of a knife.
http://johanboef.blogvandaag.nl/page...ram%20Zeegers/
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 10:14 AM   #146
The Avon Lady
Über Mom

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Translation:

The writer (Journalist Johan Boef) and his colleague together made a investigation on the 3300 posts (from Abraham) on relevance of the Holleeder case.
It was no surprise there was none. We became a image of a man who is erudite, intelligent, humoristic, jovial and in his role of forummoderator, a sometimes strict man who discussed at the edge of a knife.
http://johanboef.blogvandaag.nl/page...ram%20Zeegers/
I recall from my PMs with Abraham that he mentioned something about his legal career and something very vague about unpleasant dealings which were a distraction to him from a more tranquil life. Something to that effect.

But it was really vague. Never a hint of what it actually was nor did I suspect anything so dramatic. Only in hindsight do I now comprehend what it was about.

"Victory will come to us from the wombs of our women."
- Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, Speech before the UN, 1974
The Avon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 03:49 PM   #147
cappy70
Ensign

Default Just saw it today.

Sad to hear when these things happens och mina kondelanser till familjen.
(Didn't know how to say it good in English so I said it in Swedish).
Intel I7-4790K 4 Ghz
16 Gig Trident Claw DDR 3
2 x 760 GTX 2048 mem in SLI.
WD 1T Hd Ultra/WD Black 640
Corsair 850W PSU
cappy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 02:44 AM   #148
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Question for his daughter...if I may.

Lydia. Most of the people here may never have met or spoken to your father, but they are shocked by his departure. Your and your family have my condolences. From such a distance sending flowers may not be appropiate, perhaps there was a charity your father believed in that members might be able to make a donation to in his name.

Respectfully, could one of the Dutch members translate that for me. Many thanks.

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 03:25 AM   #149
Sixpack
Samurai Navy

Lydia,

I am sure you understand what Pioneer very kindly said here, since you write in English yourself, but anyway just in case:

Vrij vertaald:
Pioneer is net als de anderen geschokt door wat gebeurd is met je vader, hij condoleert jou en alle familie van Bram en zegt dat bloemen sturen misschien niet helemaal gepast is, met name vanwege de afstand. Hij zou toch graag iets te willen doen en vraagt of jouw vader misschien betrokken was bij een of ander goed doel (sorry als dit dubbelzinnig klinkt trouwens). Het lijkt Pioneer een goed idee dat de subsim.com leden ter ere van hem wat geld inzamelen en aan dat doel overmaken (o.v.v. Ter nagedachtenis van Bram Zeegers, neem ik dan aan)

Zou je hierover eens willen nadenken, bespreken met je familie en hier willen reageren alsjeblieft ?

Heel veel sterkte gewenst. Maak iets moois van je leven. You're worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer
Question for his daughter...if I may.

Lydia. Most of the people here may never have met or spoken to your father, but they are shocked by his departure. Your and your family have my condolences. From such a distance sending flowers may not be appropiate, perhaps there was a charity your father believed in that members might be able to make a donation to in his name.

Respectfully, could one of the Dutch members translate that for me. Many thanks.
Old 10-17-07, 09:58 AM   #150
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy70
Sad to hear when these things happens och mina kondelanser till familjen.
(Didn't know how to say it good in English so I said it in Swedish).
Hej.

Precis som du skrev; (=Just as you wrote)

..........condolences to the family.

I concur with my fellow Swede.

This is just terrible......

/Per

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote