SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-09, 06:04 PM   #1441
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default PMed

Akula, I PM you about your last post

beware, as Lurker states, the subnuclear G7a breaks the damage model, hadnt had a CTD but its not realistic to really blow up a ship out of the water as this babies do.

Use at your own risk

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 12:19 AM   #1442
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
Or you can just delete the Sound folder from OMEGU prior to enabling with JSGME and just opt for SPAXs fix which is very popular.
Thanks for this tip! I like the German crew voices better than English... it worked great.

Thanks again, cgjimeneza!!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 06:01 PM   #1443
nomadBLN
Seaman

Downloads: 56

hy i have a question is it possible to make the bismarck or the other playable german surface ships in operation monsun playable???
nomadBLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 09:26 PM   #1444
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadBLN View Post
hy i have a question is it possible to make the bismarck or the other playable german surface ships in operation monsun playable???

I'm sorry but the answer is no at present
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 04:25 AM   #1445
Rene
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

Is there a new modell of the viic or viic41 planed with more details?
someone has uploaded a new modell. i think it was one of the last massages in the VIIC41 thread.

nevertheless it is a great mod. keep it up!
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 06:06 PM   #1446
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene View Post
Is there a new modell of the viic or viic41 planed with more details?
someone has uploaded a new modell. i think it was one of the last massages in the VIIC41 thread.

nevertheless it is a great mod. keep it up!
No new models are planed
Old 08-01-09, 01:59 AM   #1447
crisi
Swabbie

Downloads: 237
Default Problems found

Sorry for this new post. But i will post a lot of bugs which i've found in OM 712 + OMEGU_V100_Patch1

1. Functionality bug in u-boat type IID, you canot drive forward with the boat, "Full ahead - 0 knots". Reproduced in "German Submarine school - Navigation Course".

2. Not a bug, but unbeautiful. Open Recognition manual "German - TYPE 1936A". You cannot see pictures of the ship.

3. The "Captain Class 1 frigate" has a black skin?

4. I'm not sure it's a problem by me, but i've started a new career in April 43. Mission description "Drive with u-boat to sector.....for 96h and then going to your new base in france". Well, Mission finished, no new orders received.
I've wondered, but on map i've seen my homebase is "Kiel". Ok i thought, try Kiel. "Kiel" arrived i couldn't end my mission.
After this one i've loaded a save game and tried all bases in france. Same like "Kiel".

5. Hydrophne GHG (Group Listening Apparatus) only available. What is with hydrophone "KDG" or late war "Balkongerät"?

6. Renown points for all upgrades "0". As designed?

However, OM it's a really great mod! Fantastic the reality between u-boat and planes (in 90% of cases you don't have a chance to fight against planes - Excellent), destroyers and so on. Additional with "OMEGU" you have a fantastic environment (Roll and Pitch mechanic of u-boat inside a storm it's fantastic...i think the best of all other supermods).

I'm looking forward there will comes new features and functionalities for OM.

Last edited by crisi; 08-01-09 at 02:32 AM.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 08:37 AM   #1448
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Sorry for this new post. But i will post a lot of bugs which i've found in OM 712 + OMEGU_V100_Patch1

1. Functionality bug in u-boat type IID, you canot drive forward with the boat, "Full ahead - 0 knots". Reproduced in "German Submarine school - Navigation Course".

2. Not a bug, but unbeautiful. Open Recognition manual "German - TYPE 1936A". You cannot see pictures of the ship.

4. I'm not sure it's a problem by me, but i've started a new career in April 43. Mission description "Drive with u-boat to sector.....for 96h and then going to your new base in france". Well, Mission finished, no new orders received.
I've wondered, but on map i've seen my homebase is "Kiel". Ok i thought, try Kiel. "Kiel" arrived i couldn't end my mission.
After this one i've loaded a save game and tried all bases in france. Same like "Kiel".

5. Hydrophne GHG (Group Listening Apparatus) only available. What is with hydrophone "KDG" or late war "Balkongerät"?

However, OM it's a really great mod! Fantastic the reality between u-boat and planes (in 90% of cases you don't have a chance to fight against planes - Excellent), destroyers and so on. Additional with "OMEGU" you have a fantastic environment (Roll and Pitch mechanic of u-boat inside a storm it's fantastic...i think the best of all other supermods).

I'm looking forward there will comes new features and functionalities for OM.

Quote:
Corrected, error was within OMEGU

Quote:
Creator of this unit did not provide a recognition manual picture. Currently on the very low priority fix list

Quote:
Unable to recreate

Quote:
Transfer data for that mission is 16 April 43 ( approximately ten days after mission start ) however the baseline transfer date is suppose to only 5 days. I did a code review and found there were some other like that . Created a "hotfix" do correct this issue

http://wwwnew.filefront.com/14174425...12_Hotfix1.rar

Quote:
This is "as designed", Type II/VII/IX get GHG and Type XXI/XXIII Balkongerät

Quote:
As designed

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-02-09 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-02-09, 05:01 PM   #1449
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

I should have posted in here , but did it in th gen-forum.

Anyhoo, I was making my way back from a patrol off Lisbon, I got near the south coast of Ireland (11th Jan 1940) when I noticed that the Red ports of France were now Black (or Dark Blue). I took a closer look along the south coast of England and saw that some of the port there were now Black too orther where the same Red ports.

The other one I noticed, while Dublin was Black, Belfast which should have been Red was now Black too.

My game .. 1.5 with 705 installed and 712 added, clean install never had another Mod installed in the game before.

A few Q on 712

1. How fast should merchants turn ? stock game they were turning through the likes of 150,151,152,153 about 1pt every second, but not much slower in 712 where I counted it off at 1-2 seconds a point. Should it be slower than that?

2. How many shells to sink a merchant , coastal about 4,000tns I hit her decks with about 12 shots very close range. Her bridge,Funnel,Masts, and holds were on fire 6 -7 fires in all, from bow to stern. I also fired in about 25 shells into her water line, but still she sailed on. In fact I got that close when she dipped at the bow her prop and rudder were exposed, I fired 4-5 shot in there at point blanks range. I take it HE shells do no damage to this part of ships?

I am enjoying SH again , and like the mod very much, keep up the good work.

oh one more, on missions in 712 I sail out of WH but that is now 4 patrols in a row I have been sent to station of the coast of Portugal, Sept through Jan40 just set off again Feb40 and I have been sent back there again. I completed all the mission and so far I have sunk 60,000+tns, 11 mechants my last partol for 44,000+tns. The thing is , on my voyage to Portugal, round the North of Scotalnd and down the coast of Ireland all the merchants I have come across in 712 have been on there own, not one convoy have I came across. All the sightings that appear on the map and I plot to intercept, in all 4 missions they have been single ships.
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 02:09 AM   #1450
crisi
Swabbie

Downloads: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
Corrected, error was within OMEGU

Creator of this unit did not provide a recognition manual picture. Currently on the very low priority fix list

Unable to recreate

Transfer data for that mission is 16 April 43 ( approximately ten days after mission start ) however the baseline transfer date is suppose to only 5 days. I did a code review and found there were some other like that . Created a "hotfix" do correct this issue

http://wwwnew.filefront.com/14174425...12_Hotfix1.rar

This is "as designed", Type II/VII/IX get GHG and Type XXI/XXIII Balkongerät

As designed

@lurker_hlb3: Thanks for fast response and hotfix.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 01:48 PM   #1451
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

Quick Q? on OM712 , when I torp ships now there is the explosion and water plume, but no after explosions as with the stock version. Some times a little fire and the ship sails on, is that part of the mod?
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 02:09 PM   #1452
OrangeYoshi
Gunner

Downloads: 70

I also have a quick question.

I play both OM and RSRDC. However, I just downloaded OMEGU, and you reccommend that I take RSRDC out of the install for OMEGU to work properly.

I know that IN RSRDC you have many differect kinds of mission. You have the general anti-shipping missions, you have the recon missions, the spy/commando missions, and the missions which make you dock at certain places and then continue. I like the missions very much.

What I would like to know is if you have included any such missions in OM. They help to break up the boredom that can come with constant patrol missions.
Old 08-04-09, 10:45 AM   #1453
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

That is correct Regia Marina is not available?
Of course I think about f.e. BB Littorio class not only DD Soldati...

I tried to create mission with Vichy France ships (at 1942).
Unfortunately "Vichy France" (Occupied France) is allied side and should be axis...

Last edited by PL_Andrev; 08-04-09 at 01:42 PM.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 03:36 PM   #1454
xristoskaiti
Lieutenant

Downloads: 456

travelled outside from a harbour of France in-depth 35m roughly and I
accepted suddenly air depth with result the destruction of my
submarine......
my problem of they is not sensors planes other the force air depth....
they is historical realistic for English air depth causing destruction
submarine in this depth??
xristoskaiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 04:48 PM   #1455
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

I would find it realistic to a depth of 50 m.