SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-07, 01:09 PM   #46
BBury
Torpedoman

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Said HARDCORE but I like the auto targeting feature.
BBury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:19 PM   #47
Mud
Captain

Downloads: 50

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Mud

Old 04-09-07, 01:28 PM   #48
Sturat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER
Oh hell, who are we kidding? Working TMA in Dangerous Waters is as exciting as watching paint dry. You want no part of it, and rightfully so, you are a man of action, the reason games with good graphics sell. You may try a hand at Silent Hunter 4 but only with fast reloads and never dud torpedoes. Who says you cannot sink a whole convoy and never drop below 16x time compression? And manual TDC? Are they crazy? If you wanted to work trig problems, you could do that in school. No, you like fast-paced games like Battlestations: Midway and Steel Tide. Blow stuff up real good! Zoom! Blam! Full speed ahead--look, a kitty!
Sturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:31 PM   #49
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59

ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER for me too!

Hmm...I'm a "bit" more hardcore than that. Must have been the graphics question.
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:44 PM   #50
JayW.
Gunner

Downloads: 52

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".

Hmm. it isn't accurate. I hate modern Submarine simulations. Just give a WW2 submarine simulation and let it ride.

JayW.
JayW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:46 PM   #51
Steel_Tomb
Ace of the Deep

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".

Steel_Tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:50 PM   #52
Danish_Squid
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Hardcore here aswell...

I guess that says it all
Danish_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:50 PM   #53
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Doh!
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 01:54 PM   #54
ironkross
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

I got this one also: NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER. OK guess I'm off to play DW..... jk. I'm thinking it's because I said I would lose a fight to Pam Anderson. She does have bigger torps than I do.
But I honestly think you can command a WWII American sub like a nuke sub skipper. He would be a little more stealthy and analytical, that's all.
Old 04-09-07, 01:55 PM   #55
Old Dog
Torpedoman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 1

Saw the survey and asked my brother who works in aero-space what NASA would know about subs.
"It's a bugger to get one of them up in the air" says he.

Old Dog
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 02:01 PM   #56
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsim Quiz
NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
It knows me too well
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 02:01 PM   #57
Kingcobra24
Soundman

What kind of subsim skipper are you?
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.
Old 04-09-07, 02:19 PM   #58
Nagy
Watch Officer

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."

Thats me pretty much perfectly. This thing is good!

http://tinyurl.com/punchtwits
Nagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 02:36 PM   #59
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

NUKE Subsim Skipper.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 02:38 PM   #60
Kaleu_Mihoo
Medic