SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-09, 04:46 PM   #436
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

*Jimbuna returns from the cabin used by Raptor1 and thinks*

"It's gone awfully quiet since I took command....perhaps the two camps are realligning their positions"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-28-09, 04:47 PM   #437
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

*Nisgeis shakes his head in frustration and takes a piece of A4 and begins to sketch out a comic strip.*

He draws a man in a small fishing boat sitting opposite a large wolf-like creature. The man says to the wolf-like creature in the form of a speech bubble 'The only way to be sure you aren't a werewolf is to shoot yourself in the head with a non-silver bullet and to then set yourself on fire.' The werewolf strokes its long chin and says 'Excellent test! After you...'.

*Nisgeis, still not feeling sufficiently vented, reaches for a second sheet and starts drawing again.*

The first cell shows a flock of sheep, with one sheep that looks suspiciously large. Its white fleece does not sit well and there is a definate grey colour showing as though it was wearing a bad wig. The legs do not match the rest of the sheep. The snout and eyes look decidedly lupine. The rest of the sheep are facing this larger sheep, with blank expressions. This wolf-sheep is drawn with a speech bubble saying 'DON'T BE SHEEP! DO EXACTLY WHAT I SAY!'

The second cell shows the normal looking sheep collectively bleating 'Bah-bah-bahrilliant idea!' in unison.

The third cell shows the wolf-sheep grinning evilly and saying 'Good Sheep, Goooood Sheep.'. The name tag sewn into the false fleece reads 'Wolfbuna'.

*Nisgeis checks no one is watching and posts the cartoons up in the bar and hurries away*.
Old 05-28-09, 04:51 PM   #438
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

*Jimbuna returns from the cabin used by Raptor1 and thinks to himself 'It would appear things have quietened down, both camps look like they are realligning themselves.....tomorrow should be of real interst, they now should appreciate the gift of being able to express themselves.....or do they?'....Jimbunas final thoughts before addressing the survivors is.....DON'T ANYONE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALISE HOW POWERFUL EACH CAMP IS....YOUR NOT EVEN AWARE OF WHO IS TALKING TO WHO*

Old 05-28-09, 04:58 PM   #439
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

*Jimbuna looks at the catroons and laughs to himself*

"Nothing like making yourself a target" he thinks.

"I'm sure the poster doesn't realise the attention they are bringing upon themselves.....sad/silly bastid. Votes speak louder than cartoons....PUT UP OR SHUT UP"

Old 05-28-09, 05:03 PM   #440
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Which do you favour Jimbuna, the bug juice test, or the new scientific test they have discovered?
Old 05-28-09, 05:25 PM   #441
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Which do you favour Jimbuna, the bug juice test, or the new scientific test they have discovered?
"Either....take your pick. But tomorrow we move forward, and the dark forces in the meantime make a meal of the dissention you spread"

"Perhaps this is part of your game plan?"

Old 05-28-09, 06:17 PM   #442
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Day 7
Lights On
In the night everyone was woken up by some banging from the reactor room.

Everyone turns up for roll call.
Old 05-28-09, 06:19 PM   #443
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0

Investigation Lynch vote is for Jalu3
Leader vote Abstain

Jalu3 is being subjected to a lynch vote because he has absolutely refused to cooperate. We are by no means certain that he is an enemy, but he is ading our enemies by forcing us to waste time and effort that would bebetter spent discovering traitors.

I stole this sig from Task Force

Last edited by UnderseaLcpl; 05-29-09 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-28-09, 06:28 PM   #444
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
I don't understand the science entirely, but I do know that the 'bug juice test' was a bogus test based on superstition and nonesense, who was it that suggested it again? Based on someone's grandfather's ramblings wasn't it? Before everyone gets too excited about this new miracle break through, can we have another scientist verify the results? How does this test work? If the sample weighs the same as a duck, then...?
" 'She's a witch! Burn her!' Yes I get the reference. I'm happy to let either Jalu or UnderseaLcpl verify my theory. It has taken me days and nights to work this thing out and at the moment what other hope do we have?"

*Dreams wistfully of winning the Nobel Prize...*
Old 05-29-09, 02:39 AM   #445
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
"Either....take your pick. But tomorrow we move forward, and the dark forces in the meantime make a meal of the dissention you spread"

"Perhaps this is part of your game plan?"
Hmm, well now I'm a bit confused, as there was no attack last night and Raptor was in the brig.

I thought you were a monster, because, shortly after it was revealed that there was an organised investigation and they had detected a monster, you started encouraging people to vote randomly to lynch people. This would be a good way to cause confusion and disrupt the organised investigation.

You also said that it was pointless to just put people in the brig and we should be lynching people, but the first person that is voted for, you put in the brig and do not lynch. I thought that this was to try to put suspicion on Raptor, as long as he was alive, then you could claim he was a monster, rather than lynching as you said you would.

Third reason to suspect you was that you were taking very large drinks of bug juice at regular intervals, when we alread knew that Silverraptor was a monster and he had also been drinking the bug juice. I thought this was a way for you to hide your monsterness. We know you have a good attention to detail and this is surely something you would have noticed. You still maintain that the bug juice test is valid, when it is not.

Fourth reason, you mentioned about military ships and how they are run, compared yourself to Nelson, but then mutinied, more Fletcher Christian than Nelson I think.

However, I've been advised that you may not be a monster, so I'm a bit confused now.

I vote Jalu3 for lynching.
Undersea for Leader.
Old 05-29-09, 04:09 AM   #446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

*Approaches Nisgeis*

"I'll respond to your comments this one time, but only as an act of good faith and as a means to consolidate some clarification"

Quote:
I thought you were a monster, because, shortly after it was revealed that there was an organised investigation and they had detected a monster, you started encouraging people to vote randomly to lynch people. This would be a good way to cause confusion and disrupt the organised investigation.
I have never and will never encourage people to vote 'randomly' or 'indiscriminatingly', but I will encourage them to act on their instincts and suspicions.

It is pointless doing nothing, that way you give the monster/s a distinct advantage....like a flock of ship locked in a pen waiting to be picked off one by one.

What is more confusing than everyone trying to bring an end to their plight yet totally paralyzed by a state of inertia?

DOING NOTHING IS NO LONGER AN OPTION

Quote:
You also said that it was pointless to just put people in the brig and we should be lynching people, but the first person that is voted for, you put in the brig and do not lynch. I thought that this was to try to put suspicion on Raptor, as long as he was alive, then you could claim he was a monster, rather than lynching as you said you would.
As I have made clear previously, my intention was to remove what was in my opinion the main obstacle to progress.

I am not decided on what I believe Raptor1 to be so what better alternative than to put him in the brig....narrows the field of suspects by two and will hopefully encourage people to decide for themselves.

I DID HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE HIM KILLED, BUT CAN'T CONDONE INDISCRIMINATE SLAUGHTER

Quote:
Third reason to suspect you was that you were taking very large drinks of bug juice at regular intervals, when we alread knew that Silverraptor was a monster and he had also been drinking the bug juice. I thought this was a way for you to hide your monsterness. We know you have a good attention to detail and this is surely something you would have noticed. You still maintain that the bug juice test is valid, when it is not.
I honestly wasn't totally convinced of Silverraptors position for a while and the bug juice test I went along with because I actually believed it was a realistic part of the storyline and as such was accepted by all of us.

What of the new blood tests?

I await outcomes and will fit in with the storyline there as well.

Quote:
Fourth reason, you mentioned about military ships and how they are run, compared yourself to Nelson, but then mutinied, more Fletcher Christian than Nelson I think.
I find it rather humorous that you introduce the word 'mutiny' and in so doing also sully the name of one of the greatest seafarers of all time.

The only comparison I used was a one of national identity.

I am not a crew member of the Thanatus but rather the rescue sub and beside, under existing military articles an individual can challenge the authority and competence of the leader if they consider the actions or inaction of said leader to be tantamount to endangering the lives and or craft under their control.

Was this not the case here?

If I am to agree with your use of the word 'mutiny'....was Fletcher Christian not justified in his actions?

Many would say he was.

I see you challenge my position as leader at the earliest opportunity.

Duly noted.

Old 05-29-09, 05:01 AM   #447
Nokia
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 131

*walks once again to the coffeemaker and fills his mug and sits at a table*

"Now there happened something strange last night. So I heard this strange noise and I went to investigate. What I saw was a foul creature with glowing eyes. It escaped into the water just as I was going to jump it. Now I was not able to to recognize who it was."

***i vote jim for leader and jalu to be lynched*** //i wrote this on my phone so i'm not sure you will be able to read it//

Last edited by Nokia; 05-29-09 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-29-09, 05:18 AM   #448
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"I thought I had freed you of your constraints and fears of reprisals"

"45 mins left to vote"

"If you don't vote...don't complain after....sheep can't talk"

Old 05-29-09, 05:29 AM   #449
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Perfectly understandable Nokia.
Old 05-29-09, 05:37 AM   #450
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

"As I still have no idea as to who is something other than human, and I will not vote to lynch someone without evidence although it might be tempting, my Lynch vote is abstain."

"As for leadership, my support is still with Raptor as the legitimate ranking officer on this vessel. Therefore I abstain"
Closed Thread