SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-10, 08:08 PM   #91
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Sorry. I was just feeling a little like WTF! when I heard that noise... wondering why anyone would want to ruin all the good work with such nonsense. I get where it comes from now (it's been a few yesrs since I last watched DB), and maybe once or twice would be cute... but every time? It just doesn't work for me.

Again, sorry... let me add something here to lighten the tone a bit.

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 11:57 AM   #92
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Great mod, thanks a lot.

Add's heaps to the immersion. Hopefully Neal or a moderator will sticky this or add this mod to the growing list in the downloads section.
Old 03-23-10, 03:27 PM   #93
Fercyful
Medic

Downloads: 97
hi there!

the MOD is great and I just create a Shoot profile to use speech recognition under XP with this mod...

please check here

thanks!
Old 03-23-10, 09:50 PM   #94
Justice_AA
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

After I install this MOD I no longer hear the replies to my commands to change speed (half speed ahead, full spead ahead, etc.) I also am not hearing voices with periscope depth, just the ringing bell.

I have disabled every other mod and it still does it. Are these not included or do I have a problem?

Win7 x64, installed into d:\ubisoft\ not program files
Soundblaser xFi
Justice_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 12:19 AM   #95
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_AA View Post
After I install this MOD I no longer hear the replies to my commands to change speed (half speed ahead, full spead ahead, etc.) I also am not hearing voices with periscope depth, just the ringing bell.

I have disabled every other mod and it still does it. Are these not included or do I have a problem?

Win7 x64, installed into d:\ubisoft\ not program files
Soundblaser xFi
do you use the german voice pack that comes with the game ?

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-24-10 at 01:17 AM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 07:03 AM   #96
Justice_AA
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
do you use the german voice pack that comes with the game ?

Yes I did it through the installer as recommended. I hear quite chatter when I give a command but not the stock voices anymore.
Justice_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 11:52 AM   #97
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_AA View Post
I hear quite chatter when I give a command but not the stock voices anymore.
yes, it is the idea of this sound mod collection, exchanging the stock voices as much as possible with more immersive sounds voices from the movie, and there are much more possibilitys, it will grow more and more over time.

i recommend for most situations, having a higher overall sound volume, to be able to hear the new voices and sounds, ecspecially the background sound.

Old 03-24-10, 12:14 PM   #98
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
and there are much more possibilitys, it will grow more and more over time.
Is there a new version/upgrade in way ?
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 12:30 PM   #99
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83 View Post
Is there a new version/upgrade in way ?
ohh, most importent for me at this time are more realistic dive times, together with better fitting triggers and so on... iam not shure if i should wait for the first patch or realism mod like RFB... a special version for Mighty Fine Crew Mod is also a additional reason to work on this...

...perhaps in the meantime i overhauwl some sounds and add here and there something.

Old 04-12-10, 01:53 PM   #100
trotter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Stormy, great work with this mod.

Two questions:

a) I had one patrol - it was my first patrol in the VIIC once I upgraded from the VIIA - that had truly OUTSTANDING background voices. It was nothing like I heard in this mod before (had been already using the mod for a few weeks) or since. Leaving the harbor that patrol I heard constant chatter in German, conversations, joking laughter, etc. A radio turned on and a song played. It was FANTASTIC immersion.

I thought to myself, maybe this is what the mod is supposed to sound like, and it was only triggered when I upgraded to the VIIC?

HOWEVER, I had a disconnect later that very playing session and had to reload my campaign from that same start point in the 'pen (first patrol with the VIIC). This time leaving port I heard none of the added stuff that made that one rare instance so special. So clearly having the VIIC did not permanently kick in that added background immersion.

My question: just what was I hearing on that one patrol? Was that part of this mod that for some reason isn't being unlocked at any other time for me?

To give a little more information, the mod seemingly works for me in full, I hear alternate crew commands, background rustling, drips, some (looped) dialogue. But that one instance leaving the 'pen was so above and beyond what I usually hear, I'm just trying to figure out where it came from.

b) This may be asking too much from a technical standpoint, but is there any way to disable certain sounds within the ambient background noise? For example, I love the nondescript sounds, such as rustling of paper, murmured voices, etc. However there are several more pronounced sounds that became insanely annoying to listen to on loop. The main offender of this is the loud heavy rapist breathing ("uh huh........uh huh") that literally plays once every 45 seconds or so, at least on my end. I am to the point of disabling this otherwise wonderful mod just because I don't know how much I can stand of that one breathing noise.

Is there a way in the modded files to isolate and disable one sound, or is that simply part of a larger loop and nothing can be done?
Old 04-12-10, 06:45 PM   #101
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

hi trotter,

a) ...from the readme or changelog: ""SHIFT+S" long crew **** chat (nice in boring situations)."

This also may be triggered after making a photo on that special missions. It also may be that you hit the key by excident . Also, if not done already, i would recommend reading the readme and changelog.

b) thanks for your feedback ...

...i will take care on that for the next version, if you wont wait so long, simply use a wave editor and cut anoying parts out. If you have a not fitting cut, use fading for mixing the not fitting ends together.

Old 04-13-10, 03:29 AM   #102
t0maz
Ensign

Downloads: 44

ad B) Probably u r saying about submarine surfacing sound.
As a workaround for now you can replace it for some different one or stock one.

And yes.. if u r already surfaced its plays it from time to time probably because of waves. Boat is rolling and pitching in some depth and game engine trigger surfacing sound.
t0maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 10:39 AM   #103
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0maz View Post
ad B) Probably u r saying about submarine surfacing sound.
As a workaround for now you can replace it for some different one or stock one.

And yes.. if u r already surfaced its plays it from time to time probably because of waves. Boat is rolling and pitching in some depth and game engine trigger surfacing sound.
- Water droplets near cunning tower hatch after surfacing.

(this also includes strong breathing crew members near the cunning hatch after surfacing). This is played more as 1 times in heavy seas. I will also look into that regarding the breathing. You can prevent against to much replays by blowing of ballast tanks after commanding surfacing.

Old 04-13-10, 11:23 AM   #104
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172

Hi there, the only reason I wont be using this mod is that the watchmen SCREAM about a friendly ship being spotted. I mean they scream as if it was a squadron of spitfires approaching.

The other thing which, for me, is too repetitive ( and therefore irritating ) is the murmering of someone in the crew saying " uh huh..... uh huh.... " constantly in the background.

Other wise its a really great mod.
Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 01:08 PM   #105
trotter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Stormy and t0maz,

I think the breathing while surfacing sound you both are talking about is in submarine_surfacing.wav, in the 'data/sound' folder. I am listening to it now, and I hear the breathing in the background of that file, and it is not the same breathing I am referring to.

The poster above me, stevepine, describes it more accurately. It is loud, seemingly right next to the player no matter where in the sub you are. And it is not triggered by a certain event. It happens while surfaced but also while submerged.

And of course worst of all it is incredibly distracting/weird.

I am looking through all the .wav files in data/sound, but no file name appears to describe it. Before I go one by one through the files, do either of you have any updated idea what it could be?

Also, is there a chance it is included in data/sound/speech? That folder seems to be all basic command speech so I doubt it.

Tags
favorite