SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-12, 06:08 PM   #811
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

i can only hope that Misha wont end like this clean old steamer here:

...updating first post for the gillette patch

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 06:23 PM   #812
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post

gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 06:31 PM   #813
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hi Stormy,

Misha and I were talking about speech fixes and additions in one of his threads about something else. Rather than hijack that thread, I want to put my answer in here if you don't mind, since it fits better here, and we could use your confirmation anyways.

In that thread, Misha said:

and here is my reply to Misha (and for you too):

I just looked at my mods and noticed that I appended the name of the speech fixes and additions mod to say "after audio and MFCM", so that I wouldn't forget.

That got me curious, so I did some searches. I found sober's post - ttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1583712&postcount=334 - which tells me why I noted that I had to have speech fixes go after MFCM.

Regarding SDBSM, I found Stormy's post that says - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=281. Now that tells us that we don't even need speech fixes and additions, since his mod already takes care of that. With that in mind, next time I re-adjust my soup, I will deactivate speech fixes and additions.

Having said all that, if we tie Stormy's, sober's, and your posts together, we might be able to assume that we can put the German language pack first, then MFCM, then SDBSM. From what I just remembered, many people have suggested that Stormy's stuff go at the end anyways, which is something I did (except for fixes and additions) the last time I re-adjusted my mod soup, based on those suggestions.

Maybe I'm reinventing the wheel with this info, but at least it concludes our little discussion over in the other thread.

So, let's see what Stormy can confirm for us, then we'll know for sure.
SDBSM is fixing many issues, i allready took care about content or corrections that "speech fixes and additions" fixed but never documented it ithink. Both fixes are independent so far as i know, but fix more or less the same issues ithink, but maybe with different content, which may not fit if using SDBSM.

Old 03-22-12, 06:42 PM   #814
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I now have my ini TC SoundEffects setting match my Maximum setting . Does this help when using this mod ?
interresting and good question...

...maybe you can explain what "TC SoundEffects setting" do, and what your "Maximum setting" is refering to

...i guess it control to what maximum TC setting, some sound effects or voices continue playing.

...but for shure, as i never played with "TC SoundEffects setting", it seams you are the one who can give us the answer, but i would think it could get more instable as it allready is.

Old 03-23-12, 11:39 AM   #815
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Quote:

...updating first post for the gillette patch

I'll steer well clear of bushes, I think

And thanks, I'm honored
Old 03-24-12, 09:07 AM   #816
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
SDBSM is fixing many issues, i allready took care about content or corrections that "speech fixes and additions" fixed but never documented it ithink. Both fixes are independent so far as i know, but fix more or less the same issues ithink, but maybe with different content, which may not fit if using SDBSM.
Sounds good, Stormy!

I compared files and noticed a lot of different things, but I figured I'd disable f&a anyways and just use SDBSM, based on what you said.

Thanks .. and have a good one!
Old 04-18-12, 11:57 AM   #817
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Default English voices...

Hi Stormy

I`m using your great mods and I have a small problem. When the new message incoming I can hear the english voices (no any Germans):
Hold on. Radio message intercepted.
I`m receiving the message.
Enemy message intercepted.
Captain!
Tried to find out this .ogg (New_message_received) and all of them are in German language. This problem is only with incoming msg. Other voices and sounds - fine
My SHV version is multi lang - Polish - installed German voices. I tried to reload all mods - no results - this voices all the time backs to me Two days ago I reinstalled the JSGME and deleted MODS folder and created again - installed in the SHV main folder.
Any idea for this strange voices?

My mods:
http://wklej.org/id/734777/
Best regards,
Kurtz

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 04:23 PM   #818
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
Hi Stormy

I`m using your great mods and I have a small problem. When the new message incoming I can hear the english voices (no any Germans):
Hold on. Radio message intercepted.
I`m receiving the message.
Enemy message intercepted.
Captain!
Tried to find out this .ogg (New_message_received) and all of them are in German language. This problem is only with incoming msg. Other voices and sounds - fine
My SHV version is multi lang - Polish - installed German voices. I tried to reload all mods - no results - this voices all the time backs to me Two days ago I reinstalled the JSGME and deleted MODS folder and created again - installed in the SHV main folder.
Any idea for this strange voices?

My mods:
http://wklej.org/id/734777/
Best regards,
Kurtz
TDW new UI`s deliver special incomming radio samples i created for his mod, it is recommended now installing TDW New UI`s after SDBSM (including the optional "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German").

you may also try installing "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German" without changing anything, but of course after SDBSM...

(this change wont require a campaign restart or port visit..)

Old 04-18-12, 06:53 PM   #819
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
TDW new UI`s deliver special incomming radio samples i created for his mod, it is recommended now installing TDW New UI`s after SDBSM (including the optional "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German").

you may also try installing "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German" without changing anything, but of course after SDBSM...

Thank you

WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
Old 04-19-12, 01:10 AM   #820
misha1967
Commander

Quote:

Awesomeness, Stormy. I had the same problem as Kurtz but, since it was really only those messages from the radio operator, I decided that it wasn't that big of a deal. Now I know how to fix it!
Old 04-19-12, 03:05 AM   #821
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Awesomeness, Stormy. I had the same problem as Kurtz but, since it was really only those messages from the radio operator, I decided that it wasn't that big of a deal. Now I know how to fix it!
Oh misha... I tought I`m only THAT one with this issue

Old 04-19-12, 03:14 PM   #822
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
Oh misha... I tought I`m only THAT one with this issue
Not a chance, brother. It had been bugging me for a while but, since it's a very minor issue and I don't like to complain about the flavor of the free ice cream, our modding crews have more important tasks to deal with and I thought that it was just my particular mod soup that was to blame anyway, I just pretended that it was my radio guy, young Raabe, who had gotten so used to listening to intercepts in English that he'd occasionally speak it too

Now if he'd been speaking French at me... Just kidding...

So thanks for volunteering to ask the question, because now we both know how to fix it!
Old 04-23-12, 07:47 PM   #823
col_Kurtz
XO

@Stormy

Played few days - real and now is ok I`m still learning commands - actually I`m using mouse - double clicking on periscope depth and the U-boot going down to 11-12 meters When the F is pressed I can hear a little "chaos" - noices and voices - nice one - one of I really like these sounds And the tubes... Shift+F1 and go on

Thank you very much one more time for this solution

@misha

And your radio - in german or... swedish? Btw I like Gillette - nice to have other option - thank you

Best regards,
Kurtz

Old 05-17-12, 08:00 PM   #824
Sebixxx
Nub

Downloads: 3

Hey, I am quite new here and maybe I didn't saw it yet, but is there any way to change the controls back?I was pretty ok with the usual silent hunter 5 controls, and now I've to play with the arrow keys what doesn't make fun at all (W, A, S, D doesn't work anymore)

Otherwise, this mod is just awesome, it makes the game way more intense
Sebixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 08:08 PM   #825
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Welcome Sebixxx!

This is what you need - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168297

Good hunting..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite