SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-10, 05:42 AM   #211
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Would it be possible in a future version to have louder diesels with a flatter volume curve? I really like the fact that there is a jump in volume between ahead slow and ahead flank, but at slow speeds they're barely audible and overall they're pretty quiet and I really don't find that realistic. When running at half speed and above it should be quite a racket when you open the engine room door!
i would recommend turning the overall volume up a bit, if running faster then half speed, keep the engine door closed.

You have a good volume setting if you hear the background sounds and noises in the command room in a decent way, if below surface or engines stopped or at low speed.

The current version allows starting the diesel engines with a special mixed startup sequence sound without hearing them from command room (if engines running not faster then half speed and door closed). After the diesel engine startup sequence have started the engine, i give command all ahead full, having a nice fitting overblend form startup sequence to normal running engine sound.

...i could check to increase interrior diesel sound range a bit, for having it also in radio room area.

Last edited by Stormfly; 07-08-10 at 07:13 AM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 01:45 PM   #212
Von Rondstadd
Watch

Downloads: 263

Made a fresh install SH5 and use Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod!
WHEN I USE CRASH DIVE IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP!
But when i use Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM optional always shouting WO in normal mode, no problem!!!!
I wonder why this happens????
Von Rondstadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:44 AM   #213
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Rondstadd View Post
Made a fresh install SH5 and use Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod!
WHEN I USE CRASH DIVE IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP!
But when i use Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM optional always shouting WO in normal mode, no problem!!!!
I wonder why this happens????
thats indeed mystic, i wonder what problems UBI Romania had with the game

...say do you use crash dive only from surface ? I got another report from someone who had also a problem and ctd, but only using crash dive command while not on surface.

The crash dive command is a bit missleading, ppl think it is made to reach a pre defined safe dept, but on a german submarine it is only used from surface (Alarmtauchen -> Alertdiving) to dive as fast as possible, leaving the surface as fast as possible. This have never been used from any other dept than surface, the sounds would also not fit then, if you want to dive, but allready below surface... use the "D" command for diving.

Also some ppl think it would be wise to set a predifined dept for this command ("D"), i always edit my cfg`s to enter a non reachable dept, maybe 500 meters, to make shure i can dive when i think i want to dive using this keyb. command... also, if i command DIVE that means the sub will dive until i give another command... till the end of it for all.

Last edited by Stormfly; 07-09-10 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-09-10, 02:39 AM   #214
Von Rondstadd
Watch

Downloads: 263

I used the S command key to survice the U-boat and the and the D command key and SHIFT E (emergency blow) and P periscoop depth and SCHIFT ; SNORKEL DEPTH and SET DEPTH MAKE IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP!
Strange thing!

Is it possible that Church's SHV Keyboard Commands is the problem????

Because when I use the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod the Church's SHV Keyboard Commands are already there!!! and I have not activated Church's SHV Keyboard Commands in jsgme Mod Enabler!!!
Is that normal because I thought that you have to activate Church's SHV Keyboard Commands in jsgme mod enabler!

Is it possible to use the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod with the standaard key commands???? So I can try it????

I have tryed some things and when I remove the Scripts file from the mod than I don't have the problem!!!!
All the files in there creat a crash to desktop!!!!
But does it remove a lot of other thing too ????
I only have the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod enabled!
Do you know what could be the problem????

Question about Church's SHV Keyboard Commands: Is there a key to open torpedo hatches?

Last edited by Von Rondstadd; 07-09-10 at 06:13 AM.
Von Rondstadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 09:41 AM   #215
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Rondstadd View Post
I used the S command key to survice the U-boat and the and the D command key and SHIFT E (emergency blow) and P periscoop depth and SCHIFT ; SNORKEL DEPTH and SET DEPTH MAKE IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP!
Strange thing!

Is it possible that Church's SHV Keyboard Commands is the problem????

Because when I use the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod the Church's SHV Keyboard Commands are already there!!! and I have not activated Church's SHV Keyboard Commands in jsgme Mod Enabler!!!
Is that normal because I thought that you have to activate Church's SHV Keyboard Commands in jsgme mod enabler!

Is it possible to use the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod with the standaard key commands???? So I can try it????

I have tryed some things and when I remove the Scripts file from the mod than I don't have the problem!!!!
All the files in there creat a crash to desktop!!!!
But does it remove a lot of other thing too ????
I only have the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod enabled!
Do you know what could be the problem????

Question about Church's SHV Keyboard Commands: Is there a key to open torpedo hatches?
1. If not allready done, be so kind and take the time to read the readme.

2. This DBSM sound mod collection is based on Church`s Keb. command mod. While this sound mod overwrite commands.cfg and F1 help textures it will overwrite any existend vanilla or moded keb layout. Regarding compatibility with other keb. layouts, find information how to make it compatible in the documentation or readme of this mod.

3. It is intended to run with Mighty fine crew mod, plz check if you have activated it first. If still ctd`s, try to go without activating Mighty fine crew mod`s "crash dive workarround". Removing any of the script files isnt a good idea, again read the readme.

4. Regarding opening torpedo hatches, i would recommend using a UI mod like TDW UI, which is allowing operating the torpedo tube doors, this is also allready described in the readme.

Old 07-16-10, 10:37 AM   #216
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147

Not sure what Ive done wrong here but using this mod and the required others as you posted in OP the "L" key does not bring up the clock, instead it toggles the log on/off. According to Church`s Keb mod "L" should be bringing up the clock/stopwatch.

Now unless Im totally blind I see no other way to get my stopwatch up? Makes it kind of hard to get a targets speed...

Im using this with... (Sorry, dont have access to my JSGME mod list, at work posting)

TDW's AI mod
TDW's UI mod (lastest 3.5)
Steel Vikings interior
MFCM
Church`s Keyboard 1.1
Enviro Mod 3.0
Critical hits for torps
No Morale Mod

I was going to try the keymapper mod but I didnt want to screw things up even more...

I hope I can get this sorted, I love this mod, audio immersion is a priority for me.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 10:40 AM   #217
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Uploads: 5

you can use the officer's (SH3Style or SH5Enhanced) to get the clock up in the UIs mod. Select an officer and in it's order categories you'll see a clock icon. Click it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 12:32 PM   #218
Piggy
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
you can use the officer's (SH3Style or SH5Enhanced) to get the clock up in the UIs mod. Select an officer and in it's order categories you'll see a clock icon. Click it
Awesome... hehe, didnt even think to look there, so many options in your UI, at least I have lots of time to play with them all on those long trips around the British Isle's

Thanks TDW!
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 08:53 PM   #219
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...your not the only one who have problems using this sound mod compilation, maybe the reason is simple, the readme file is to long and ppl are to bored reading and understanding it.

The readme is telling you that you have to alter some keyb. assigments in TDW options file if using TDW UI, finding some free keys for some functions.

...plz guys be so kind and read it, the time needed creating this is nothing in comparision for taking the time to read it carefully.

Old 07-19-10, 11:12 AM   #220
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106

Been away from SH5 for a long time and when I get back there is new version of Stormys DBSM! BUT! As soon as I leave the port, there is a problem... With the rudder sounds! I use Speech Recognition, and your sounds (what I've tried) work with it, thats awesome... Except the rudder... I read from the readme that they were removed intentionally, but because I don't use key commands I can't get any kind of response whether the command was received or not.

Mmmm, can I get them back somehow? Maybe give instructions... But neveretheless, very good mod, would be a shame to not be able to use this!

Edit: Now played few hours with DBSM mod and everything sounds great! Very impressive work. But when everything else works so nice with Skwas Speech Recognition, why not rudder also?

Last edited by M4XDmG; 07-19-10 at 02:30 PM.
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 12:57 AM   #221
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

the vanilla rudder confirmings was to much nerving, also not fitting by using modded hard rudder commands and confirmings. So i deceided to disable these vanilla robotic rudder confirmings. The problem now is, that you only get confirmings using hard or 5 deg rudder commands using keystrokes but with much better confirmings.

...you can re enable them by editing \Cfg\Message_CH.cfg

and change entire "[Msg18]" block back to vanilla.

Old 07-20-10, 08:06 AM   #222
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
the vanilla rudder confirmings was to much nerving, also not fitting by using modded hard rudder commands and confirmings. So i deceided to disable these vanilla robotic rudder confirmings. The problem now is, that you only get confirmings using hard or 5 deg rudder commands using keystrokes but with much better confirmings.

...you can re enable them by editing \Cfg\Message_CH.cfg

and change entire "[Msg18]" block back to vanilla.
Yes, I read the readme and was aware of your changes, totally understand why you removed vanilla confirmings, they ARE robotic, but at the same time I need those to be sure my commands were received. I use direct rudder commands mainly when entering or leaving harbor. I prefer to do it "for real" without course plotting because it's so fun with speech recognition! Too bad I can't have your modded confirmings, though...

Thank you very much for telling me how to re-enable stock confirmings. And thanks again for this great mod.
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 04:51 AM   #223
swordfish1
Gunner

Downloads: 1172
Default File Sampling

Anyone know how to adjust individual wave file sampling to 22khz from 44khz as suggested above?
swordfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 04:24 AM   #224
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish1 View Post
Anyone know how to adjust individual wave file sampling to 22khz from 44khz as suggested above?
i would recommend using Steinberg`s WaveLab -> http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...6_details.html

Old 09-05-10, 12:28 PM   #225
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

Hello is this useable with MightyFine_Crew_Mod_1.2.1 and if not what do i need to change to make it work?
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite