SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-09, 07:03 PM   #1336
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Pardon obvious

I believe you are asking me the following, "Pardon me for the obvious [question], [solution]?"

I respond as follows:

TMO/RSRDC is new installation. I started a new campaign--first mission. I get a small crew in the forward compartment. Maybe I have to reinstall the game, although I have been playing with FOTRS and other mods for several months.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 07:17 PM   #1337
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
I will see if I can Communicate more better.

You know stuck at battle stations, can cause similar. Otherwise disable all mods, See if stock plays correctly, then mod it up checking what mod conflicts
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 05:33 PM   #1338
gAiNiAc
Weps

Downloads: 16
Weather seems funny........Lots of "Light Fog" days at a time.....Spotting is down to 450, sometimes less, like 260....Anyone else notice this? Like SH3 allover again. South Pacific is very sunny most of the time.................I'm running "Real Environment" as well.....
Old 09-03-09, 12:48 AM   #1339
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Are you running the Lite fog and slow water mod for real env... takes care of the crazy can't see through fog. This is the fix for the fog issue.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1032
Armistead is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 10:51 AM   #1340
gAiNiAc
Weps

Downloads: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
... takes care of the crazy can't see through fog. This is the fix for the fog issue.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Old 09-03-09, 02:24 PM   #1341
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAiNiAc View Post
Weather seems funny........Lots of "Light Fog" days at a time.....Spotting is down to 450, sometimes less, like 260....Anyone else notice this? Like SH3 allover again. South Pacific is very sunny most of the time.................I'm running "Real Environment" as well.....
I've been caught in the middle of a typhoon several times, and couldn't even see the target until I get within 250 yards. Torpedoes don't work so good that close (too close to arm), and the Japs usually spot me and start shooting.

Also, I use auto-targeting cause I'm not so fast with the math.

Can auto-targeting be overridden and target info be fed into the SONAR or RADAR?

I sure hate to let a target get away just cause the weather is a little 'blustery'. Nasty weather, even typhoons, add to the realism, so I'm not too interested in disabling it.
Old 09-03-09, 02:26 PM   #1342
Horatio Nelson
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Default silent hunter 4 online sucking program

silent hunter 4 multiplayer sucks a lot !! i dont work
Horatio Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 02:27 PM   #1343
Horatio Nelson
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Default silent hunter 4 online sucking program

silent hunter 4 multiplayer sucks a lot !! it dont work
Horatio Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 03:02 PM   #1344
donut
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
I've been caught in the middle of a typhoon several times, and couldn't even see the target until I get within 250 yards. Torpedoes don't work so good that close (too close to arm), and the Japs usually spot me and start shooting.

Also, I use auto-targeting cause I'm not so fast with the math.

Can auto-targeting be overridden and target info be fed into the SONAR or RADAR?

I sure hate to let a target get away just cause the weather is a little 'blustery'. Nasty weather, even typhoons, add to the realism, so I'm not too interested in disabling it.
If you have Radar, Get to 600 Yds of target as seen on attack screen, Your Periscope/TBT bearing set to target position. this is your fish path, now you will need to lead target course to hit. By useing off-set dial 3-5 degrees,depending on targets speed. When you impact/flame target stand-off,& use deck gun to finish you will see flame thru fog,but they can't see you. Takes practice because target jumps positon due to radar sweep,& close range. Open outer doors, or you will miss, set 10 Ft. fast, contact influence.LOL

Last edited by donut; 09-03-09 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-03-09, 09:44 PM   #1345
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

As some of you may have noticed, i am "unbanzored". Frankly i'm surpised as "Keelhauling" is supposed to be permanent. In my year's vacation from this place, i have grown accustomed being on the Ubi forums and the kickinbak forums, and doing without subsim.com. Since my stress level has lowered substantially as a result, I have no intent to change what forums i hang out at. For whatever reason, this place just stresses me out.

Any future Trigger Maru development will be continued at:
http://forum.kickinbak.com/
If your looking for updates or what not, there is where you'll find them. I will update the first post in this thread when version 1.8 is done, and upload the mod to filefront, as that is what is easiest for me.

Speaking of 1.8.
http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1785

It is a subtle, yet substantial update. And although it won't be "official" for some time, and is subject to frequent updates, (it is a beta after all), it is stable, and i encourage you to try it out.

My personal life has priority and my time modding is abysmally low, so if your waiting for an "official release" you'll have a few months to wait. So I've released it as a public beta because otherwise, you'd never see it, and the time and effort i put into it would have been wasted.

As to TMO's future post oiffical release of 1.8 (most likely in the form of 1.8.5), i have idea's, but not the time. I would like to put more work in the default campaign, damage model, more spit and polish in areas ive been neglecting, and i would like to bring the uboat side of the game up to par, but i strongly suspect that after official release of 1.8, it's going to ride as is for a period of 4 to 6 months before i do anything with it again, if at all.

PS: Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg, depth charges are hardcoded when it comes to depth. This is a legacy SH3 issue. Depth charges will go all the way to 300 meters, it's never been possible to make them arbitrarily detonate at a specififed depth. Presumably because the AI sets the depth based on where it thinks your at, up to 300 meters, at which point the DC just poofs into thin air.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 10:16 PM   #1346
donut
The Old Man

Stunning, Ducimus

Protect, & preserve that personal life. It has relieved your stressfull outlook. Wish you well, Donut
Old 09-04-09, 02:36 AM   #1347
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut View Post
If you have Radar, Get to 600 Yds of target as seen on attack screen, Your Periscope/TBT bearing set to target position. this is your fish path, now you will need to lead target course to hit. By useing off-set dial 3-5 degrees,depending on targets speed. When you impact/flame target stand-off,& use deck gun to finish you will see flame thru fog,but they can't see you. Takes practice because target jumps positon due to radar sweep,& close range. Open outer doors, or you will miss, set 10 Ft. fast, contact influence.LOL
Thanx Donut, I'll give that a try.

BT
BT

What ship is the W36? It looks similar to the W70 (USCGC Pontchartrain) that I served on way back in '65.
Old 09-04-09, 12:39 PM   #1348
tuore
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

Is there a link for a version that works with 1.4? I wouldn't like to buy the addon...
tuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:50 PM   #1349
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuore View Post
Is there a link for a version that works with 1.4? I wouldn't like to buy the addon...
Try this on the download page:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1101

Welcome aboard!

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:11 PM   #1350
tuore
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbit View Post
Try this on the download page:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1101

Welcome aboard!

Thank you so much!