Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-10, 04:03 AM   #301
Katastrophski
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz2 View Post
Still not able to pass the "Ubisoft Update launcher" it just crashes after 10-20 seconds. I posted about 2 pages ago and was told to Reinstall it, but that made no difference.
Try to UNINSTAll Zonealarm. Disabling is not sufficient. I've read this in the german ubi-forum.
Katastrophski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:04 AM   #302
dagamecat
Watch

Downloads: 29

Apologies if this has been brought up already, I just installed the game, when I walk up the ladders the watch's binoculars are flickering. Can see it from external view too. Anyone had this issue?

I tried fiddling with settings in the game and with my graphics card (ati 4870), makes no difference. It's pretty distracting. Apart from that I seem to be getting pretty good performance on high settings.
dagamecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:32 AM   #303
Jarhead0331
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead0331 View Post
When I ran the game for the first time, it worked flawlessly. I have since been unable to play! The game runs and begins to load. The intro movie is played. However, when the title screen is loading, it freezes when the game is synchronizing the saves with the server. The lock up occurs and the menu never loads. The 1.1 patch log indicates this issue was fixed. I have the patch installed and am obviously still experiencing the problem.

I've tried removing my saves from my folder, but that did nothing. The problem is obviously with the save file on the uplay server which I can do nothing about. I've tried deleting and re-installing the game and I still have the problem. In searching the ubisoft forums, a few other people are having the same problem.
Nobody else is experiencing this problem??? PLEASE HELP!
Jarhead0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:38 AM   #304
supercow18
Nub

Downloads: 158
Default Bugs

1. Depth under keel - missing

2. Hydrophone - does anyone know how to operate it manually? it doesn't seem to rotate no matter what I do.

3. Level up system - When you add a + skill, make sure you click on 'APPLY' before closing the wondow, otherwise the promotion points are lost and they do not apply the level up.

4. A compass woukd be nice? or at least a compass rose on the TAI.
supercow18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:56 AM   #305
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

1 and 4 are being modded back in, check out the Mod forum.
Rotate the hydrophone with the mouse wheel, or home and end keys.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:34 AM   #306
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Filter buttons in scope

I tried using the buttons in the reco manual view to show me only the tankers with e.g. one large funnel but it didn't seem to work right. I was looking at a tanker with only one funnel and there were 3 choices: 2 funnels, one large funnel, and something else (one funnel?). Anyway I could see there weren't two funnels, but when I picked either of the one-funnel choices ALL of the tankers were filtered-out so I couldn't pick the one that matched the one I was looking at? Later it occurred to me that they might have done filtering the opposite of what I expected - maybe you can only "filter out" instead of "filter in" so I should have picked "two funnel" to filter-out all the two-funnel tankers? But then again, if that was true, then when i picked the one-funnel choices I should have seen some 2-funnel tankers to choose from and I didn't see any...
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:42 AM   #307
Danevang
Helmsman

Downloads: 160

I sometimes, at the start or end of patrols, or both, get all harbour buildings not showing in game, except for the sub pens. It REALLY takes the atmosphere out of sailing out of Willhelmshaven or Kiel ready to rock the British shipping, when the at other times spectacular harbour looks like this:

Instead of this:

I don't know what's causing this, but I hope it will be fixed soon, it's a real mood killer.
Danevang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:44 AM   #308
ParaB
Chief

Downloads: 16

Boat unable to maintain depth while silent running or while moving at slow speed in general.
ParaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:49 AM   #309
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

- Navigator is announcing course to new waypoints not based on angle to north, but rather based on bearing to new waypoint. So a course of 270 degrees is depending on your actual course sometimes course 35, course 180 or something else.

- Navigator is saying "und dreissig - fünf" instead of "fünf und dreissig" (german language)

- Watchofficer is saying "Course" instead of "Bearing" ("Kurs" instead of "Peilung"). (german language)

- Observation periscope is raising to full when loading or entering a mission or career.
Old 03-05-10, 11:20 AM   #310
EAF274 Johan
Ensign

Downloads: 94

[EDIT: Solved]
Home base changes but does not say where.

After expending all my torpedos on my first patrol (I had already recieved the "mission accomplished" icon) I radio BdU and they tell me to continue patrolling at will or RTB. When I get back to Kiel I cannot end the mission (only Refit/Postpone). I checked all the messages in the log and the map, but there is no indication where my new base is. I suspect it's Wilhelmshaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevz View Post
Some people were reporting being unable to exit patrols because their base got changed while they were out. Is there still a little blue diamond with a sub in it next to Kiel (assuming that's where you started)? If not look for the icon at a different base.

Last edited by EAF274 Johan; 03-05-10 at 03:56 PM.
EAF274 Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 11:23 AM   #311
Sub Commander
Mate

Downloads: 53
Default indeed Karl

What karl said about the periscope is true, and come on. Those Romanians could like asked a German to give feedback on the German language, I can speak and understand it, while im not german at all. It is quite dumb saying und Dreissig - Funf
Sub Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 11:42 AM   #312
jhelix70
Sparky

Downloads: 8

Bug observed when torpedoing ship in shallow waters:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163342
jhelix70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 12:25 PM   #313
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Collision bug: (colors changed to better contrast)

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 12:33 PM   #314
Maltro
Soundman

Downloads: 14
Default sun glare

Hi all, new game but old ghost come back...

Does someone have the same problem ?

In SH4 I had some difficult to see sun glare effect... until I change settings in NVIDIA control panel : "Antialiasing - Gamma correction : OFF".

In SH5 I have the same problem, sun looks like this:

(old picture from SH4)

Even if I change settings in Nvidia control panel, I can't have my beautiful sunshine!...

I hope someone will be able to help me!...

PS: My graphic card: Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mo.

PS2: somebody knows where I can find the folder where my printscreens are save please?...
Old 03-05-10, 12:45 PM   #315
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164
Default Can't set New Campaign Realism to 'Custom'

Hi

Just wanted to post a bug.

I've set my realism to 60% in the OPTIONS menu. Clicked Apply Changes.

Been in/out several times to confirm my options are there and correct. Even quit the application and reloaded it and confirmed my 'custom' realism settings.

However, whenever I start a Full New Campaign... I can only pick from the stock 4 realism options..

That sucks!!!

Grrr

Elphaba
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote