SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-10, 03:39 PM   #406
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I reverted to the stock fog distances as well. The only problem is that you as a human can see things far easier than the computer can. This is by design in the stock game though, but the effect is amplified with this mod. Like I was able to clearly see a ship at night from 9km away. My crew wasn't able to see it, or lock it, till it was 5km away. It wasn't able to see me at all.
Thanks for the info! So this mod's fog distance is more realistic? I found it very thick when I tried this mod first time and removed it, but if it actually puts my visibility on the same line with watch crew's, I reconsider this.
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 03:42 PM   #407
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XDmG View Post
Thanks for the info! So this mod's fog distance is more realistic? I found it very thick when I tried this mod first time and removed it, but if it actually puts my visibility on the same line with watch crew's, I reconsider this.
That's what it did now that you mention that. But in medium fog not being able to see ANYTHING till it's 350m away was just too drastic for me.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 08:48 PM   #408
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Is this mod compatible with AilRain and AilClouds?

Also, when I have this installed with Nodamn Halos mod, it says there is a conflict
Old 06-02-10, 08:55 PM   #409
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Also, though it didn't notify me of an override, the effects of Detailed Caustics on the sub are no longer there..
Old 06-02-10, 08:59 PM   #410
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

AilClouds is essentially included in the mod already. The clouds.cfg is different though. I can't describe it exactly why, but I liked AilClouds better, so I just installed it over the top of Env 2.2, but other than a few settings it's already in Env 2.2 essentially.

Rain had files that were more in confilct. I haven't looked into integrating that one yet, but I kind of want to. AilRain rocks.

The Halos mod broke because of lights.cfg. Use WinMerge to compare the lights files, and just make whatever changes you need to.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:07 PM   #411
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

All you have to do to get rid of the halos is change the following in Environment_2.2/data/cfg/lights.cfg:

[InteractiveObjectsHighlight]
Spread=0 <-----Make these two numbers zero like this
Blend=0 <------Make these two numbers zero like this
ColorR=0.58
ColorG=0.47
ColorB=0.23

This text block is third from the top, can't miss it.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:20 PM   #412
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The clouds.cfg is different though. I can't describe it exactly why, but I liked AilClouds better,
Likely the case here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2 View Post
Its my own clouds, I wasnt fully satisified with Ails cumulus clouds, but it still need some work.
Do agree with you though kylania, the AilClouds look more realistic IMO.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:32 PM   #413
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

OK, sorry for multiple posts.. but I am now sailing along in the Carribean and it is 00:12 and.. I still have good visibility? I was waiting for some pitch black sailing. But it seems as if there is still stock visibility at night.

Edit: Ok I will put AilClouds on top of this.. how bad are the conflicts between AilRain and Env.2.2?

Also SteelViking, I just loaded No Damn Halos over top of this and there are no halos.. (Could this be why my night time is so light out???)
Old 06-02-10, 11:13 PM   #414
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
OK, sorry for multiple posts.. but I am now sailing along in the Carribean and it is 00:12 and.. I still have good visibility? I was waiting for some pitch black sailing. But it seems as if there is still stock visibility at night.

Edit: Ok I will put AilClouds on top of this.. how bad are the conflicts between AilRain and Env.2.2?

Also SteelViking, I just loaded No Damn Halos over top of this and there are no halos.. (Could this be why my night time is so light out???)
Yes, it could be causing a brighter environment. The Light.cfg has entries for sun multipliers, light shafts, and other environmental light modifiers. I would really suggest doing what I said earlier, notepad can open .cfg files, so there are no obstacles really.

Old 06-03-10, 01:11 PM   #415
MattDizzle
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

W_Clear, or whoever is managing this mod now: Would you consent to this being put into part of a larger Compilation mod, as i said in another thread on this forum?

I'm looking to assemble several mods in a large easy for new people to install "Community Mod pack", and full, prominent credit would be given to you and the other mod authors involved. Would you be willing to help the community by allowing your mod to be used?
Old 06-03-10, 02:59 PM   #416
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106

I have also bright night problem. I see stars, but no moon. Still I can see clearly around and I see moonlight (or some light trail) reflecting from the water. No interfearing mods, atleast JSGME didn't report.
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 04:05 PM   #417
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Steel, I implemented the changes you said and.. still a bright night. Also, to add insult to injury theres those damn speech bubbles too -.-
Old 06-03-10, 04:25 PM   #418
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Steel, I implemented the changes you said and.. still a bright night. Also, to add insult to injury theres those damn speech bubbles too -.-
Sorry about it being too bright, but the halos can be fixed by changing the two numbers I indicated in my earlier post.

Old 06-03-10, 05:20 PM   #419
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

I did change the numbers and the halos are no longer there (i am no longer runner no damn halos mod) however the speech bubbles are there (RUINING SCREENSHOTS )

However, my night is still very light out, when I took a look at kylanias photos and video his night was veery dark.
Old 06-03-10, 05:59 PM   #420
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Quote:
I did change the numbers and the halos are no longer there (i am no longer runner no damn halos mod) however the speech bubbles are there (RUINING SCREENSHOTS )

However, my night is still very light out, when I took a look at kylanias photos and video his night was veery dark.
You should use the no dam halo mod without the lights.cfg. This should eliminate the speech bubbles.

Or open the HumanDialogIndicator.dds from the no halo mod in a program like gimp or paint.net. Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X and then save the file to data\Textures\TNormal\tex. Name it exactly like the original file.

Last edited by Echolot; 06-03-10 at 06:10 PM.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote