Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-22, 02:29 PM   #8191
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-13-22, 02:31 PM   #8192
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I wish I was as confident.
Of all cards Putin used (all were a failure) this frightens us the most but lived through the Cold War I am not easy to frighten and there is no gain after this used the world as we know it will be destroyed including Russia therefor he will not use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 11-13-22, 02:44 PM   #8193
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Bubka wants to hand over chair of NOC president to his successor, with whom they probably wrangled money, - Stella Zakharova

Serhii Bubka is leaving the post of president of the NOC of Ukraine already after squeezing everything here.

Olympic champion and vice-president of the Gymnastics Federation of Ukraine Stella Zakharova stated this in an interview with tribuna.com, Censor.NET reports.

"I have been in sports for 42 years. I have seen everything in my life - I played in the Soviet Union, worked abroad in Sweden for a very long time, then I came to independent Ukraine and began to realize myself as a manager. I experienced everything from A to Z on my skin , how the sports system works. But I definitely have not seen such a disparity as now. It has already boiled up so much. All other years there were also some disagreements, but the process was somehow going. There was no destruction of our sports elite. And now all the barriers have been crossed ", she explained why she is now actively expressing her position publicly.

"It started even after the Olympic Games in Beijing, when a lot of athletes and coaches were outraged. And Serhii Nazarovich Bubka together with Vadym Markovich Gutzait worked in one group for their own good and decided to pay off everyone at once. They brought here the president of the International Olympic Committee Bach , gathered a crowd in the "Ukraine" concert hall and told that everything is wonderful. Why was this holiday? And in order to extinguish this storm, this anger of athletes and coaches. Everything is wonderful, what about you? Someone is saying something there, and look - Bach supports us. And that's all. For them, we are the mass. Not history, but the mass. They make crazy money on us, but people don't have that money - they travel for their own to meetings and competitions to prepare for the Olympic Games. I - an independent and democratic person. I have my opinion. Wait, where is the funding? I know how it works and I cannot agree with it. And they began to harass and destroy me, the prosecutor's office harassed me. The minister has administrative resources. You are against ? Now I will punish. It reminds me of Rashka, Soviet Union, dictatorship. For me, this is wildness," added Zakharova.

"Many coaches after Beijing are tired of fighting with windmills. To feel like slaves of those who are sitting on top. They are leaving. Listen, we threw all our golden potential out of the country with our own hands with this approach," she emphasized.

"I ask - what's next? I said eight years ago that Serhii Nazarovych Bubka is a very difficult person who loves himself and does not respect athletes. This is what it has become now. He is leaving after squeezing everything here. To him sneeze. Feels comfortable in Monaco, has his own apartment there. Currently going to the International Olympic Committee and wants to pass the chair to his successor, with whom they must have wrangled money. And now we have a black abyss in front of us. Or we immediately do a reset and bring a team new people - democratic, active athletes, coaches and officials who live this way... We have a lot of such people, but they have been beaten to such an extent. Somewhere they find some weak points and immediately through the prosecutor's office, they are immediately pissed off," Zakharova said.

"Well, if this doesn't happen now, we will continue to work like slaves and burlaks in the same river. When state coaches are imposed on federations, they are appointed by a commission of people who are incompetent in this or that sport. How can this be at all ? If state officials even interfere in this, then soon they will interfere, who should speak. But I don't remember this at all. Because it was determined within a specific discipline and federation, and then submitted to the ministry. And today you can ban, throw out, to do everything so that this person does not exist, to erase him. I have the impression that the minister is not interested in winning medals," she stated. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380263

Old 11-13-22, 04:29 PM   #8194
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Calls for President Vladimir Putin to be toppled and killed after defeat in Kherson
"An ultra-right-wing nationalist in Russia dubbed "Putin's brain" has broken silence and called for the Russian leader to be toppled and killed. Alexander Dugin expressed his fury at Russia's retreat from Kherson in Ukraine"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...ppled-28470651

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-13-22, 06:55 PM   #8195
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Is Turkey helping Russia behind NATO's back ?

Turkey seems to put up more and more demands for Sweden and Finland-As soon they have fulfilled one of Erdogan demands, he seems to come up with another.

This has made me wonder if Turkey is helping Russia from being surrounded by NATO.

I could have misunderstod it

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 11-14-22, 06:38 AM   #8196
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Russian State TV Host Says Kherson Retreat May Be Trap To Lure NATO Troops

ARussian state TV pundit appeared to suggest that his country's retreat from Kherson could be part of a "secret plan" to lure NATO troops into Ukraine to "destroy them."

Russian troops abandoned Kherson earlier this week, allowing Ukrainian forces to march into the city unopposed.

The retreat represents a significant setback for Russian President Vladimir Putin after he formally annexed four Ukrainian provinces into the country, including Kherson oblast, earlier this year.

TV host Tigran Keosayan appeared on a panel discussion show on Saturday, where he said he hopes the Russian withdrawal was to lull Western troops into a false sense of security.

In a November 12 clip shared on Twitter by the Russian Media Monitor, Keosayan said: "I hope that perhaps this is a secret plan to lure them. Remember, we discussed this one week ago. You said that most likely, this is a trap but now I'm talking about more of a global trap.

"Right now, we are demonstrating that we can't defend ourselves from NATO's troops. Having lost all limitations, the NATO troops cross the borders of Poland, Slovakia, Czechia - they fill all of Ukraine then we destroy all of them.

"With FAB [unguided heavy explosive bombs and napalm. Terrified, they run away. I don't have any other plan. It's sad honestly. Sad because it doesn't correspond with the rhetoric that is being maintained within society, as opposed to the actual state of affairs."

World leaders have repeatedly ruled out sending NATO troops into Ukraine and have instead donated billions in military aid. The U.S. alone has committed at least $19.3 billion since the start of the war.

Michael Clarke, professor of war studies at King's College London told Newsweek: "The question is what the Kremlin thinks it gets out of having these wild statements made on state-controlled national TV. Maybe as a safety valve for the growing realization across Russia that this is a war, losses are mounting, mistakes have been made etc. That makes it more logical to put the blame on NATO (and particularly on Britain, in a sort of perverse compliment) as the explanation for these failures."

"The Kremlin rhetoric has gone through 4 stages of war objectives: 1. It's a special military operation (SMO) to get rid of the Kyiv government which is betraying the citizens etc 2. It's an SMO to protect the Russian speakers in the Donbas from the Kyiv criminals that we can't actually dislodge, Clarke said.

He added: "3. It's now a war against NATO using Ukraine as its front line to attack Russia. 4. It's now a war for Russia's own survival against a deep western plot to a) undermine Slavic culture through gay rights, imported degeneracy etc, and b) by outright military aggression to put Russia in a position of permanent weakness to US-led imperialism."

Clarke went on to describe how state TV hosts are being forced to confront news coming out of Ukraine.

He said: "These wild men - and some women - on state TV are reflecting some of this inflation of Kremlin war aims.

"But they also reflect, unwittingly, what I term the 'delayed reality' response. Sometime after the facts are undeniable - ie that this is now a war, that there are big losses, that the Ukrainians are doing well, that Russian commanders are very poor etc - they catch up with them on state TV and produce these crazy theories to try to explain why the facts are now as they are.

"It's a classic example on a societal scale of the individual psychological problem of handling 'cognitive dissonance' (bending the truth rather than facing it). Only mid-20th century Russian Marxists and, for a short time, the Nazis, were this affected by cognitive dissonance on such a scale. It is becoming an interesting historical phenomenon in this case."

Despite not having support from NATO troops on the frontline, Ukraine claims more than 80,000 Russian troops have been killed since the start of the war. This figure has been disputed by Russia and military analysts.

Recent military losses and the retreat from Kherson have led to anger from some Putin allies.

Alexander Dugin, known as "Putin's Brain," hinted in a veiled warning that the Russian leader could see himself overthrown if he did not get a grip of the situation.

And Russian state TV presenter Vladimir Solovyov expressed his frustration that Russian forces had retreated.

In an animated appearance on his Saturday morning show 'Full Contact" on Vesti FM radio, Solovyov said: "I've been screaming out loud since February that we need to strike the bridges, destroy the infrastructure, delivery entryways. They [Russian military] said, 'You don't understand anything, they'll bring their equipment to the same area and we will smash it!'

"So did you smash it? 'You don't understand, it's a brotherly nation, we'll have to restore these bridges, we'll enter through them'."

He went on to question reports that Russian troops had blown up bridges as they fled across the Dnipro river.

Solovyov added: "Where? Where will we enter? When they were leaving [Kherson], they blew up the bridges. Where are we going to enter?"

Newsweek has contacted the Kremlin for comment.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...1b365d2b8b5d9b
Just had to laugh at this

Old 11-14-22, 06:44 AM   #8197
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov was taken to hospital after his arrival in Bali for the G20 summit yesterday, the Indonesian authorities have said.

Wayan Koster, the governor of Bali, said he had been taken in for a "check-up" at the Sanglah Hospital in the provincial capital, Denpasar, and was "immediately returned".

Three other Indonesian government and medical officials said he was being treated on the resort island, with two reporting Mr Lavrov was receiving treatment for a heart condition.

The Russian foreign ministry dismissed claims that he had been in hospital as "fake news".

In a Telegram post Maria Zakharova, director of the ministry's press department, said: "We can't believe our eyes: it turns out that he is hospitalised.

"This is, of course, the aerobatics of fakes. Well, wait, world exclusive."

Ms Zakharova shared a video showing Mr Lavrov, who has been Vladimir Putin's foreign minister since 2004, sitting in his shorts, working on a balcony, according to Sky News Moscow correspondent Diana Magnay.

In the clip, she asks the 72-year-old what he makes of the reports, to which he replies that Western journalists

have been falsely writing that Mr Putin was ill for a decade.

"This is a kind of game that is not new in politics," Mr Lavrov said with an ironic smile.

Russian news agency TASS has also shared an image appearing to show the minister smiling in front of a pool in Bali.

Mr Lavrov is the highest-ranking Russian official attending the G20 summit, which begins on Tuesday.

"He is there for the G20 in place of Vladimir Putin, who decided not to attend in person himself because the optics of him being snubbed on the world stage would not have been good," Magnay said.

She continued: "It will be interesting to see who he has meetings with. We shall see how the G20 leaders respond to him."

It is likely to be the most fractious meeting of the G20 ever, with the traditional "family photo" of all the leaders being called off due to many not wanting to be pictured with anyone from Mr Putin's regime.

Diplomats have also raised doubts that leaders will be able to issue a joint statement at the end of the summit, as usually happens.

Although most would like to agree on a statement condemning Russia, that will not happen as Russia would have to agree to it.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...6c46e69e0c9de5
He must have accepted that offer of a cup of tea

Old 11-14-22, 07:22 AM   #8198
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

'Putin's Brain' Turns On Russian Leader With 'King of the Rains' Warning

A leading ally of Vladimir Putin has openly criticized the president and issued a veiled "king of the rains" warning after Russia's retreat from Kherson.

Posting on Telegram, Ultranationalist Alexander Dugin, known as "Putin's Brain," called the Russian president an autocrat with ultimate power over the war as he accused him of "surrendering" the city on November 12.

He said that the retreat undermines Russian ideology by failing to defend "Russian cities."

On 30 September President Putin formally annexed four Ukrainian provinces, including the southern Kherson region, into Russia.

Pro-war Dugin, whose daughter was killed in a Moscow car explosion earlier this year, said an autocrat has a responsibility to save his nation all by himself or face the fate of the "king of the rains," according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW).

The U.S. think tank said the quote was a reference to Sir James Frazer's 'The Golden Bough', where a king was killed because he was unable to deliver rain amidst a drought.

The ISW added: "Dugin also noted that the autocrat cannot repair this deviation from ideology merely with public appearances, noting that 'the authorities in Russia cannot surrender anything else' and that 'the limit has been reached.'"

Dugin then referenced the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

According to the ISW: "He (Dugin) suggested, however, that Russia must commit to the Russian idea rather than pursuing the 'stupid' use of nuclear weapons."

The loss of Kherson, in southern Ukraine, adds to the list of growing setbacks suffered by Russia, which has lost more than 77,000 troops since the start of the war, according to Ukrainian estimates.

Russia has rarely published its own figures and its estimates have been much lower than Ukraine's. Both figures have been scrutinized as not being accurate by outside observers.

Dugin has been joined by other outspoken national figures who have expressed frustration at the Kherson retreat.

Russian state TV presenter Vladimir Solovyov, who is nicknamed "Putin's voice" due to his support of the president, expressed frustration at Moscow's forces blowing up bridges as they retreated from Kherson.

On Saturday, Solovyov, appearing on his Vesti FM radio show 'Full Contact,' claimed Russia had withdrawn its troops from some parts of Ukraine as a "goodwill gesture."

But he soon became increasingly animated and suggested the Russian army should have attacked Ukrainian infrastructure earlier as he discussed reports that troops had blown up bridges across the Dnipro river during their retreat.

He said: "I've been screaming out loud since February that we need to strike the bridges, destroy the infrastructure, delivery entryways. They [Russian military] said, 'You don't understand anything, they'll bring their equipment to the same area and we will smash it!'

"So did you smash it? You don't understand, it's a brotherly nation, we'll have to restore these bridges, we'll enter through them."

He added: "Where? Where will we enter? When they were leaving [Kherson], they blew up the bridges. Where are we going to enter?"

Newsweek has contacted the U.K. Ministry of Defence and the Kremlin for comment.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...a245336d97db13

Old 11-14-22, 08:28 AM   #8199
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Is Turkey helping Russia behind NATO's back ?

Turkey seems to put up more and more demands for Sweden and Finland-As soon they have fulfilled one of Erdogan demands, he seems to come up with another.

This has made me wonder if Turkey is helping Russia from being surrounded by NATO.

I could have misunderstod it

Markus

Turkey is NATO only by name. Its like this since Erdoghan took over power.
Erdoghan (a Turkman )is lockedin a struggle for regional dominance with Iran (Shia Persians) and Saudi Arabia (Sunni Arabs). Its not only a geopolitical powerplay, but also an ideological clash for seeking dominance in represeting and prtecting the true Islamic faith that to guard so far the Saudis claism due to their so-called holy sites beign under their reign. However, Arabs and Turks do not go well together due to the brutal Osman rulership, so...

Its a mess. In the main, good for us that it is. A united Islamic world against us would be our nightmare.
Old 11-14-22, 08:51 AM   #8200
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-14-22, 08:58 AM   #8201
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

China blocked the communiqué of G20 summit condemning Russia’s war against Ukraine, - mass media

In closed-door meetings to draft the G20 communique, China strongly backed Russia, blocking attempts by Western officials to include language condemning the war.

As Censor.NET informs, this was reported by RBC-Ukraine with reference to the Financial Times.

"There will be no agreement on wording condemning Russia's war against Ukraine," said a high-ranking German representative of the G20, repeating the gloomy assessments of other Western delegations.

According to the newspaper, the most likely will be a G20 communiqué, which will include a broad, non-specific statement that now is "not the time for war." An alternative would be a joint application by 19 or 18 countries.

At the same time, people briefed on the G20 discussions say wording condemning nuclear escalation is likely to find approval.

At the meetings of the finance, foreign affairs, and climate ministers of the "Group of 20" this year, it was not possible to produce a joint communiqué.

Russian President Putin will not be personally present at the G20 summit, sending his Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. Thus, Russian officials remain participants in the official G20 negotiations.

Lavrov is the most senior Russian official attending the G-20 summit, which begins on Tuesday. Because of his presence, world leaders refused to take a photo together during a meeting at the G20 summit in Bali. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380404

Putin’s absence from G20 summit will not prevent discussion of situation around Ukraine, - Scholz

The absence of Russian President Vladimir Putin at the G20 summit will not prevent other countries from criticizing the war of aggression, calling on Russia to withdraw its troops from Ukraine and creating conditions for honest peace negotiations.

This was stated by Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz, Censor.NET informs with reference to n-tv.

Stolz emphasized that if the world community clearly states "that military escalation is unacceptable from our point of view, then there should be a movement - also on the part of the Russian government, the Russian president - in the direction of proposals that make it possible to build peace." As the politician clarified, it is about preventing the use of nuclear weapons. The federal government, according to its leader, is in intensive negotiations with all stakeholders in this regard.

Berlin is working very hard to form an opinion that makes it clear that international rules must be followed, "that the law must prevail over power," Scholz emphasized.

He expressed cautious optimism that this would be achieved. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380377

Old 11-14-22, 09:02 AM   #8202
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Over past two days, 12 ships with 400,000 tons of agricultural products for countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe left ports of Odesa. PHOTOS

As part of the "Grain Initiative", 12 ships with 400,000 tons of agricultural products for African, Asian, and European countries left the ports of Odesa in the last two days.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the Facebook page of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine.

It is noted that among them are bulk carriers STAVROS and CEBIHAN, which will deliver 55 thousand tons of Ukrainian wheat to Oman. Also, 55 thousand tons go to Yemen, whose inhabitants are on the verge of starvation. Bulk carrier EAST WIND 1 took 25 thousand tons of grain to Libya.

In two days, the ports of Odessa accepted 8 ships for loading. The total carrying capacity is 200,000 tons of agricultural products.

Currently, 6 ships are moving through the "Grain Corridor" in the direction of Ukraine to load 317,000 tons of agricultural products.

Since September 1, 456 ships left the ports of Odesa, exporting 10.7 million tons of Ukrainian food to the countries of Asia, Europe, and Africa. Source: https://censor.net/en/p3380401

Russians dropped banned "K-51" aerosol grenades from drone on positions of defenders of Ukraine in Donetsk region, - State Border Service. PHOTOS

The occupiers use prohibited chemical weapons - "K-51" aerosol grenades

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the State Border Service.

As noted, the occupiers dropped several such grenades from a drone on our defenders in the Donetsk region. One of them did not break, you can see it in the photo:

"In order to protect themselves from the strong irritating effect of the prohibited ammunition after the explosions, the border guards were forced to hold their positions in chemical protection means for some time. However, even in such conditions, the fighters continue to oppose the insidious enemy," the message reads. Source: https://censor.net/en/p3380416

Old 11-14-22, 09:14 AM   #8203
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Next week, European Parliament will consider recognizing Russia as terrorist state

The European Parliament will consider a resolution in which the Russian Federation will be recognized as a terrorist state.

As Censor.NET informs with a reference to "European Truth", this was stated by member of the European Parliament Rasa Yukniavichene, vice-chairman of the group of the European People's Party (EPP) for foreign affairs.

In a message posted on the website of the EPP group, the largest in the European Parliament, it is said that on the eve of the G20 summit in Bali, the EPP group expressed strong disapproval of Russia's presence at the G20 leaders' talks.

"We allow one of the leaders of a terrorist state to participate on an equal footing in the discussion about the future of the world - this is what it means to allow Lavrov to sit at the same table with the rest of the G20 leaders. This is unacceptable. We should never negotiate with terrorists," the message reads. Yuknyavichene.

"The European Parliament openly declares this, and we will vote for a resolution at the plenary session next week to classify the Russian Federation as a terrorist state," Yukniavicene stressed.

The EPP Group openly condemns the unfounded, unprovoked and illegal Russian aggression against Ukraine after the annexation of Crimea in 2014.

We will remind you that on October 13, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe unanimously adopted a resolution in which the Russian Federation was called a terrorist regime.

PACE became the first international organization to recognize Russia as a terrorist state.

A number of parliaments of European countries, including the Senate of Poland, passed a decision to recognize the Russian Federation as a terrorist regime. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380438

Old 11-14-22, 09:23 AM   #8204
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Decision to revoke media accreditation for reports from Kherson was made after PO team, - Musaeva

Denying media accreditation for reports from liberated Kherson is a "shot in the leg".

Sevgil Musaeva, editor-in-chief of "Ukrainian Pravda" publication, reported this on Facebook, Censor.NET informs.

"The decision to revoke the accreditation of foreign and Ukrainian journalists for reports and photos from free Kherson is absolutely shameful. It also demonstrates a lack of understanding of the functions and tasks of journalism and the incompetence of people who are responsible for communication policy in the state. From what I know, the General Staff accepted this decision after the team from the President's Office. Logic? Someone didn't like that journalists were the first to arrive at the scene. And not the president. Yes, because we are guided by the interests of society and our audience. And it will always be like that," she said.

According to her, the de-accreditation of CNN and Sky News is a "shot in the foot".

"Depriving CNN and Skynews of accreditation, which talk about our war and help maintain the level of attention to our country and, as a result, empathy of people to us in different parts of the world, is a shot in the foot, sorry. We, Ukrainian Pravda, have also fallen into disfavor. The General Staff revoked the accreditation of our photographer Dmytro Larin, who took thousands of photos of this terrible war. These photos were exhibited at dozens of exhibitions abroad. Including those where government institutions were partners. I hope for common sense. And I advise you not to fight with journalists. Nothing it never ends with good things. Tested by experience and time," she concluded.

We will remind you that earlier the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine revoked the accreditation of some journalists for "information activities in Kherson before the completion of stabilization measures."

"Media Detector" reported that journalists from CNN and SkyNews were stripped of their accreditation. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380445

Ukrainian and foreign journalists call on athorities to return accreditation of media that covered events in Kherson

Ukrainian and foreign journalists and media organizations demand that the authorities take immediate measures and return the accreditation to the media persons who covered the events in Kherson and from whom, according to the reports of the General Staff, it was taken because of this.

This is stated in a joint statement addressed to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny and the Minister of Defense of Ukraine Oleksiy Reznikov, Censor.NET informs.

Media workers demand the return of accreditation to Ukrainian and foreign media workers who covered the events in Kherson and from which, according to reports from the General Staff, it was taken because of this. In addition, the journalists demand to conduct an internal investigation into the work of the communication department of the Southern Command and the communication sector of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine in general, and to make appropriate personnel decisions.

"Remove unnecessary and ineffective bureaucracy, in particular, unnecessary documents and agreements implemented by the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Southern Defense Forces. Journalists already have accreditation from the Ministry of Defense, which is an official work permit. Additional documents and permits, which are also unprofessionally applied selectively, complicate the work of journalists and have a negative impact on the coverage of the most important events in Ukraine for the Ukrainian and global audience," the statement reads.

The appeal states that professional journalists who have received official accreditation from the Ministry of Defense have appropriate skills, have undergone numerous trainings, have international security certificates and vast experience of working on the front lines.

"Those Ukrainian and foreign journalists who got to Kherson without fulfilling all the requirements of the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Southern Defense Forces are today stripped of their accreditation and will no longer be able to cover events on the front line and in the near-front zone, and foreign correspondents may not work at all in Ukraine," the statement says. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380454

Old 11-14-22, 09:47 AM   #8205
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Terms of end of war will be determined by Kyiv, and not by other European capitals, - Stoltenberg

The fate of Ukraine or the conditions for the end of Russian aggression will not be decided in any of the European capitals, since such conditions must be determined by Ukraine itself, based on its own achievements on the battlefield and on the assistance of the Alliance.

This was stated by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Monday in The Hague during a press conference following his visit to the Netherlands, Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

"Ukraine must decide what are the acceptable conditions for resolving this conflict. We will not sit in Brussels or in other European capitals and decide what is acceptable for them. Nothing about Ukraine without Ukraine... What we will do is to bring to the maximum probability of reaching such a solution that will be acceptable to the Ukrainians at the negotiating table. The way we will do this is to strengthen their strength on the battlefield," Stoltenberg emphasized.

He noted that NATO is not a party to this conflict, but confirms again and again that the Allies support Ukraine's right to self-defense. Ukraine defends itself against an aggressive war, and this right is provided by the UN Charter.

Stoltenberg reminded that it is Ukraine and Ukrainians who are paying the highest price in this fight against external aggression, including human losses and the destruction caused. Therefore, it is Ukraine that will determine the conditions that are acceptable to Ukrainians in ending this conflict.

The head of the Alliance repeated again: if President Zelensky and Ukrainians stop fighting, Ukraine will cease to exist as an independent country. If Russia and President Putin stop fighting, then there will be peace.

"We must remember what all this is. It is aggression, when Russia, President Putin invaded another country. With such actions, they violated international law. Despite the fact that they (Russia. - Ed.) lost certain captured territories during of the past months and weeks, they still control a large part of Ukraine. Ukraine has said that it is ready to negotiate, but we also know that the only way to achieve an acceptable result is their (Ukrainians') strength on the battlefield," the NATO Secretary General emphasized.

He noted that Russia and Putin could end this war tomorrow. They started this war and they can stop it. Ukraine itself will decide when and under what conditions to hold negotiations with the aggressor country. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3380456

Closed Thread