Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-22, 04:12 PM   #736
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

If the Ukrainian government "accepts" this landtaking since it is militarily weak, it will lose support of the people, and is practically at its end. Russia could afford to not start a full invasion, but take the trophies it now took, consoldiate like it did with Crimea, and keep on destabilising Ukraine with media wars, cyberwar, etc.

If the Ukrainian government chooses to start war against the away-falling territories, it gives Russia the alibi it needs to start a full scale invasion.

It is leaked in German media the EU now wants to launch parts of its sanctions - sanctions" against individuals", as long as no bigger invasion follows. Thats exactly the kind of sanctions that I would only laugh about.

The West failed to learn decyphering maskirovska while it had time. It had time to learn it since Crimea 2014. Thats what makes this failure so unforgivable. 7 years - and nothing learned, but now getting played against the wall once again.

Ridiculous.

The historic explanations given by Putin leave a question mark over any hope that Putin alrerady is done with the Ukraine. He might not be. He clearly has formulated claim for all of it.
Old 02-21-22, 04:23 PM   #737
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

They will not only send troops into these two region they will also demolish the Ukrainian possibility to counter attack if they decide to do so.

I foresee a massive missile and air-attacks on military, industrial and government complex, at the same time.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-22, 04:34 PM   #738
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
They will not only send troops into these two region they will also demolish the Ukrainian possibility to counter attack if they decide to do so.

I foresee a massive missile and air-attacks on military, industrial and government complex, at the same time.

Markus
I'm skeptical about that. Just my gut take.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-21-22, 04:38 PM   #739
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm skeptical about that. Just my gut take.

I do hope I'm wrong I just remembered the first Iraqi war where the allied not only threw bombs in Kuwait but also in Baghdad, Basra a.s.o.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-22, 04:41 PM   #740
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
[...] No doubt Putin will give the order to send Russian troops into these two region-The question is what will Ukraine do and what will EU/NATO do ? Markus
Neal has perfectly explained it. In the moment Ukraine responds to provocations from Donetsk or Luhansk (and they will come), Russia will "help" like Hitler did 1939 in Poland, and Kyev and the Ukraine are toast.
Seems russians don't know history or they do not care what their 'president' does.
Mankind just made a fallback a hundred years.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-21-22, 04:45 PM   #741
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Neal has perfectly explained it. In the moment Ukraine responds to provocations from Donetsk or Luhansk (and they will come), Russia will "help" like Hitler did 1939 in Poland, and Kyev and the Ukraine are toast.
Seems russians don't know history or they do not care what their 'president' does.
Mankind just made a fallback a hundred years.
The latest news here is that Putin has decided to send peacemaking forces into these two regions.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-22, 04:48 PM   #742
Skybird
Soaring

Yes, RIA reports orders have been given to the defence ministry that troops should be dispatched immediately.

Too bad I could not see the faces of Macronman and Bubblescholz, the over-smart superdiplomats.
Old 02-21-22, 04:49 PM   #743
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ re Mapuc "peacekeeping forces" ordered by the "defence ministry" of course. The peace will reach to Kyev, and beyond.
I know those are not your words, but the sheer infamy ..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-21-22, 04:50 PM   #744
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Just like in 1938 Sudetenland crisis then three months later the German entered the capital Prague with a military band at the head of the column.
Then in July and August 1939 Danzig that narrow strip of land known as the Polish Corridor separating Germany from East Prussia Adolf Hitler did a False Flag operation dressing German criminals in Polish uniforms then shooting them outside the radio station in Gleiwitz German town on the Polish border and used it has a pretext to invade Poland as well as claiming Polish brutality on Germans living on the Polish side of the border.

If/When Ukraine gets attacked buy Russian forces and they swallow up Ukraine will the Russian Bear be satisfied or will the Baltic States be next.
Once the Russian Bear Krazy Ivan Putin gets a taste for Land Honey and all he gets from the west and USA is a few grumbles the next course can be devoured without a thought Poland Romania Bulgaria.

All the threats from Mr Putin instead of all this farcical half arsed diplomacy like Macron sat at the far end of a long table being owned by the headmaster Putin theres another option all 30 NATO Member states sign a draft document stating that all 30 Nato Members gaurantee Ukraines borders and mass 300k-400k NATO troops in Poland Slovakia Romania if any Russian Boots violate Ukraine territory then a state of war will be declared by NATO on Russia sometimes one has to play hardball if only we had Blood n Guts Paton on the Job he liked Trance Music also realy Andrew

yes he'd Tech-No-Chit off Russians .

If history teaches us one thing appeasement does not work only force will stop a tyrant.

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-21-22 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-21-22, 04:52 PM   #745
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

The development in Eastern Ukraine is speeding up now-Almost impossible to follow up on what happens- And one need sleep too.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-22, 04:57 PM   #746
Skybird
Soaring

Biden has announced the immediate sanctions for today's coup. Reading them illustrates why Putin was not at all scared by them, their lameness is revealing.

Putin will get away with this latest stunt he pulled so far. EASILY.
Old 02-21-22, 05:09 PM   #747
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Umm I beg to differ.

Operation Barbarossa (Kaiser Rotbart) take two? . Just as the worlds very first war for oil ended so too will this. As it appears Russia is not willing too allow anyone block their access to Black Sea ports, oil fields and the mineral wealth in that region. They have a lot at stake here and it’s apparent they are willing to step up and defend it like they did eighty years ago.

Funny our last president came into office willing to discuss better relations with Russia but was publically ostracized by generals, opposition party fanbois, media and eventually ousted. So, here’s to our new leadership and the war monger ‘woke’ voters who put them in office. Long live war in the name of collusion, pee tapes, freedom and democracy baby.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-21-22 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-21-22, 06:37 PM   #748
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Biden has announced the immediate sanctions for today's coup. Reading them illustrates why Putin was not at all scared by them, their lameness is revealing.

Putin will get away with this latest stunt he pulled so far. EASILY.
Biden's tough sanctions look to be the typical low player stuff right now. The ones that would really crumble the Russian economy I haven't seen mentioned yet, such as cutting major Russian banks from the U.S. financial system. Regardless, sanctions that would have impact will cut both ways and I don't see the US or the EU really taking anything other than the low crank up approach.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 02-21-22, 06:42 PM   #749
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Strong words and sanction is what our elected politician can come up with against Putin and Russia.

They do not dare to do more than use words and sanctions.

I'm divided in this-one part of me is saying do not stir Putin he may do something terrible-while the other part is saying draw a line in the sand-and don't be afraid of the Ruskies.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-22, 11:05 PM   #750
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Closed Thread