SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: What AI submarine would you want used in a single mission?
Serge's Type 7 (wolfpack mod) 4 44.44%
Serge's S class 2 22.22%
U-Tanker from NYGM 3 33.33%
Type 7A from Living mod? 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-08, 06:39 AM   #46
PaulH513
Navy Dude

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

You might be on to something with the depth. I have been placing mine completely under water and AI does not. You may have hit the nail on the head with this one. I will check it out ASAP and let you know.
PaulH513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 06:49 AM   #47
Dietrich
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH513
You might be on to something with the depth. I have been placing mine completely under water and AI does not.
I wonder how deep the wreck is/looks, if you place it at exactly 0 metres depth. How does your placed wrecks look compared to the AI ones that you said were working?
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 07:35 AM   #48
PaulH513
Navy Dude

Downloads: 25

Just made a quick map. Placed 1 Barr like AI does and ran into it...did not CTD. Placed another Barr at -19m (like i normally do) and ran into it and it did not CTD. What I think I need to do now is wait until my other buddies who I play multi with come online and see what happens when they do the same like I just did. Every time when they crashed into it, it CTD. When I played with them, I never ran into the BARR (hmmm..I wonder why.. I am now wondering if it has something to do with UBI server. Other than these 2 little glitches, GWX 2.1 runs great and now knowing that there are players/trouble shooters like you that are out there helping sort out problems is terrific.
PaulH513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 11:14 AM   #49
Dietrich
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Okay, I'm pleased to hear that it seems to be working. I look forward to hearing what your experience is once you start playing multiplayer online. One of the things might be something to do with the game files of the different players in the session. If it still gives you problems, let me know. Our online group also plays a lot of GWX multiplayer games, and I'm sure we'd be able to do some additional testing for you, if needs be.
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 01:23 PM   #50
ramtuna
Nub

Downloads: 7
Default ramtuna

HI my friend It could be a few different things. I know one . I could not host my missions after i added a 2nd pc to my sys. I got "Comcast "for my ISP. It is a cable tv server. they installed an Ethernet which has a buil in Netgear router built into it. One of the features it has also is somthing called a " My DMZ." When i talked to one of there tech, they told me how to activate it. I do have to activte it each time i go on line.
ramtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 01:36 PM   #51
rsslcs
Bosun

Downloads: 72
Default problem when creating missions

OK, so I made a mission with an objective to sink a liner (Titanic): When I go to the mission menu, it is there, and it loads, but before the mission actually launches, the game CTDs. There is one objective (sink the ship) and an event which is basically a message that says 'you win!' (with a trigger ofc What am I doing wrong? Is it because of GWX? (that might be a very vague question so sorry for that but I know next to nothing about the editor.)
rsslcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 05:01 AM   #52
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

First, I'd try using a different ship instead of the Titanic. It may be that the Titanic has a problem and is causing the CTD.

Check around to make sure you have the latest version of Titanic. I know VonDos re-released several of his ships due to a bug he discovered after cloning original units as the base for creating new ships.

It's also possible that Titanic is not compatible with GWX 3.0, possibly due to diffences in the 'zon' or 'dat' files.

If that still does not fix the trouble, check for these common mistakes, most of which can be found by Validating the mission:
  • Units are placed too close together
  • No waypoints set for one or more units. Everything must have at least one waypoint!
  • One or more waypoints do not have the minimum distance of 1,000 meters (1 km). Waypoints should not be set to less than this.
  • A waypoint is too close to a unit.
  • Make sure all player subs have an entry date and time set no later than the start of the mission.
  • Be certain you have not accidentally checked "Human Controlled" for a unit other than the players' subs.
  • Likewise, be sure all player subs do not have "Delete on Last Waypoint" checked. Having a player sub disappearing during the game could cause more problems than simply upsetting the player.
You can get the "fixed" version of the SH3 Mission Editor with a Readme.txt on how to install, along with the greatly expanded manual and a Mission Editor Tips document to help you learn most of the Mission Editor's features, here... SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip

I hope this helps you out, rsslcs. Looking forward to many great missions from you in the near future!
Old 05-31-09, 06:51 AM   #53
rsslcs
Bosun

Downloads: 72

Thankyou for the help!
rsslcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 02:18 PM   #54
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

You are very welcome, good sir!

Now I'm curious to know the results. Did you get that broken mission fixed?
Old 06-30-09, 09:29 AM   #55
matthewlue
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper View Post
First, I'd try using a different ship instead of the Titanic. It may be that the Titanic has a problem and is causing the CTD.

Check around to make sure you have the latest version of Titanic. I know VonDos re-released several of his ships due to a bug he discovered after cloning original units as the base for creating new ships.

It's also possible that Titanic is not compatible with GWX 3.0, possibly due to diffences in the 'zon' or 'dat' files.

If that still does not fix the trouble, check for these common mistakes, most of which can be found by Validating the mission:
  • Units are placed too close together
  • No waypoints set for one or more units. Everything must have at least one waypoint!
  • One or more waypoints do not have the minimum distance of 1,000 meters (1 km). Waypoints should not be set to less than this.
  • A waypoint is too close to a unit.
  • Make sure all player subs have an entry date and time set no later than the start of the mission.
  • Be certain you have not accidentally checked "Human Controlled" for a unit other than the players' subs.
  • Likewise, be sure all player subs do not have "Delete on Last Waypoint" checked. Having a player sub disappearing during the game could cause more problems than simply upsetting the player.
You can get the "fixed" version of the SH3 Mission Editor with a Readme.txt on how to install, along with the greatly expanded manual and a Mission Editor Tips document to help you learn most of the Mission Editor's features, here... SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip

I hope this helps you out, rsslcs. Looking forward to many great missions from you in the near future!
Errr, the link to SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip seems dead....
matthewlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-09, 09:24 PM   #56
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

It seems that FileFront has yet again done another reshuffling of its site. A rather distressing habit the new owners have indulged themsleves in to the point of becoming quite annoying.

I'll try to get that updated Mission Editor uploaded to my Beyond The Shaows account within the next day or two so you can get it, matthewlue.
Old 07-02-09, 04:18 AM   #57
matthewlue
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

Thank you.
matthewlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 07:55 AM   #58
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207

Hello Graf, because BTS is closed, do you know where could I find Mission Editor v.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PL_Cmd_Jacek; 10-14-09 at 08:18 AM.
PL_Cmd_Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 04:07 PM   #59
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155
Exclamation My Multiplayer Mission is making my friends' game crash

Hello everybody,

I don't understand why my multiplayer mission for GWM is not working for my friends. We have the same parameters and mods... Could someone have a look at my mission please ? (PM me)

F.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 04:38 AM   #60
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

OK. Blackswan helped me (in fact, he corrected himself the errors, what a kind man !), and the mission is working now.

Thank you so much !

F.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote