SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-23, 03:49 AM   #1
smm
The master

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Replay markers

Hi,

Does anyone know what exactly are the replay markers (i.e. the green ticks on the upper part of the timeline, and red ones on the lower one).

I believe that the green one is a weapon firing (definitely torpedo launch, possibly gun?), but don't know what the red one is?

Cheers,
-smm
smm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 06:29 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The green are weapons firing. I have not done very much surface attacking, so I do not know if it follows that also. The red are torpedo impacts and/or ship sinkings. One save, they all line-up with what happened, and the next, they are "off" a bit. I suspect Time Compression may play a role in that. Saving in the middle of the mission also seems to influence the marks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 03:27 PM   #3
smm
The master

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The green are weapons firing. I have not done very much surface attacking, so I do not know if it follows that also. The red are torpedo impacts and/or ship sinkings. One save, they all line-up with what happened, and the next, they are "off" a bit. I suspect Time Compression may play a role in that. Saving in the middle of the mission also seems to influence the marks.

Thanks so they are pretty useless then - because I'm pretty sure that when I fire 2 torpedoes, I don't have 4 impacts . And at times, I have red markers in middle of nowhere, like day 10 when I attacked on day 8 and day 11..

I'll go by the green marks I guess, which is what I was doing so far. Was just curious what the red ones were.

-smm
smm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 07:45 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

My problem with the red ones, is you don't know if it's a torpedo impact, a sinking, or an attack by another ship or plane that caused an "event" to be registered. If you are trying to capture a ship sinking, you have to choose quite a bit out in front of the marker, since the marker is from when a ship "dies", and has usually just about gone beneath the waves. Seems to me that planes being shot down might also register there... I do not remember now...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote