Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-23, 09:37 PM   #1
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0
Default Do you think,The elites of this Globe want to survive

Yes ,The best minds we have elected I mean the best. What have they brought to us? War and more War and our children now have to decide at 10 years old . Am i girl or a boy? The thing i keep scratching my head about is this, Where are the elitis kids? And have they figured out am i a boy or a girl.Ya see in the end rich or poor, The mushroom is all encompassing.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-03-23 at 10:01 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 11:38 AM   #2
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Yes ,The best minds we have elected I mean the best. What have they brought to us? War and more War and our children now have to decide at 10 years old . Am i girl or a boy? The thing i keep scratching my head about is this, Where are the elitis kids? And have they figured out am i a boy or a girl.Ya see in the end rich or poor, The mushroom is all encompassing.
Pretty much any nation would be better off, regardless of what form of government they have, if there were to be lotteries to randomly select people to serve in government for one year terms.

It's very interesting that, regardless of what form of government, it also seems that it gravitates to an entrenched political class in charge, underpinned by an entrenched bureaucratic class running an administrative state, backing them up and not beholden to its citizens.

The clerk at the local motor vehicle office who has been there for 20 years even though she is terrible at the job and enjoys gatekeeping your ability to renew your driver's license is as disruptive to your life as a senator or minister plotting with their counterpart from another country at a summit. Why is it that these various meetings and summits always occur in fancy vacation destinations? They're never held in ****hole cities or countries.

The only difference between the US and, say, African or South American nations? We've got easy access to guns and a historical precedent explicitly directing us to overthrow our own government and replace it with something better. Most other nations' histories involve overthrow by a worse form of government, even though the average person in *any* country wants exactly the same thing - peace, stability, the opportunity to live comfortably (financial-wise), and for their kids to have it better than them.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 01:01 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sortition (election by lot):

https://link.springer.com/article/10...412-017-0054-3

Soon there will be those who, for a little fee, will take the burden of having been chosen by the lottery from your shoulders when you feel you lack the knoweldge to fulfill the tasks you had been choosen for, or have no time beside your work to act on your new obligations because else your family must face hunger or your business would go down the drain.

The main problem with bad politics is one that neither any political system nor random chance can solve. Beside some base knowledge at least, you need candidates with integrity, character and honesty - and even these can fail due to being too unfit right because of their "goodness" to face brutal realities.

No state. Thats the only model I can think of. The model to end all state models, that is. Can only be had if all people worldwide at the same time would send their own governments to hell. In other words: an utopia it is. All ideas I have heard so far about "contractual societies" voiced the correct diagnosis, but rendered unrealistic ideas on how to implement them. They could work once they are established. Establishing them in the first without getting wiped out by others - that is the trick and nobody so far is able to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07ND...s%2C181&sr=8-1

Last edited by Skybird; 06-04-23 at 01:13 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 03:26 PM   #4
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

It is unfortunate that before being able to be elected to an office, one has to first become a politician.
Old 06-05-23, 04:51 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

If we would ban political parties, would put it under penalty to form political associations, groups and parties, and only have individual politicians set up for election, that would be a first step into a better direction. For parties always hijack the state and put their own power interests before the interest of the common good, the people.

"Die Parteien haben sich den Staat zur Beute gemacht. / The parties have made the state their prey." - Richard von Weizsäcker, German federal president 1984-94, mayor of West-Berlin 1981-1984.
Old 06-17-23, 11:24 PM   #6
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Pretty much any nation would be better off, regardless of what form of government they have, if there were to be lotteries to randomly select people to serve in government for one year terms.

It's very interesting that, regardless of what form of government, it also seems that it gravitates to an entrenched political class in charge, underpinned by an entrenched bureaucratic class running an administrative state, backing them up and not beholden to its citizens.

The clerk at the local motor vehicle office who has been there for 20 years even though she is terrible at the job and enjoys gatekeeping your ability to renew your driver's license is as disruptive to your life as a senator or minister plotting with their counterpart from another country at a summit. Why is it that these various meetings and summits always occur in fancy vacation destinations? They're never held in ****hole cities or countries.

The only difference between the US and, say, African or South American nations? We've got easy access to guns and a historical precedent explicitly directing us to overthrow our own government and replace it with something better. Most other nations' histories involve overthrow by a worse form of government, even though the average person in *any* country wants exactly the same thing - peace, stability, the opportunity to live comfortably (financial-wise), and for their kids to have it better than them.
We've got easy access to guns and a historical precedent explicitly directing us to overthrow our own government and replace it with something better.

Sorry i'm not falling for the stick and carrot. Just where on this planet do you live? I would like to know ? where these virtues live.Please tell us.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-17-23 at 11:43 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-23, 01:37 AM   #7
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
historical precedent explicitly directing us to overthrow our own government and replace it with something better I would like to know ? where these virtues live. Please tell us.
I think many good people "feel" this historic precedent.