SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-23, 01:37 PM   #226
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Louisville bank shooter legally bought an AR-15-style rifle 6 days before he used it to kill 5 colleagues, police say

Quote:
Connor Sturgeon, 25, livestreamed the gruesome attack at Old National Bank on Instagram, officials said.
Raise the age of gun ownership to 30, have a mandatory 90 day waiting period for new buyers, and bar anyone who votes Democrat from gun ownership. I'm willing to bet a hundred bucks 80+% of these mass shooting are by lefties. Would love to see the voting stats on them.

Quote:
The video begins by showing an AR-15-style weapon – often the choice weapon of US mass shooters – followed by a worker in the bank saying good morning to the gunman, the official said.

“You need to get out of here,” the shooter is heard saying to the woman on the livestream, which was taken down by Instagram’s parent company Meta.

The gunman then tries to shoot her in the back but can’t because the safety is on and the weapon still needs to be loaded, the official said. Once the shooter loads the weapon properly and takes the safety off, he shoots the worker in the back, the official said. Her condition is not known.
Newb. This not likely a long time gun owner, just a crazy millennial who craved attention.

I'm 100% ok with a ban on new sales of semi-auto rifles. I got mine.
Old 04-11-23, 01:45 PM   #227
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Louisville bank shooter legally bought an AR-15-style rifle 6 days before he used it to kill 5 colleagues, police say

Raise the age of gun ownership to 30, have a mandatory 90 day waiting period for new buyers, and bar anyone who votes Democrat from gun ownership. I'm willing to bet a hundred bucks 80+% of these mass shooting are by lefties. Would love to see the voting stats on them.

Newb. This not likely a long time gun owner, just a crazy millennial who craved attention.

I'm 100% ok with a ban on new sales of semi-auto rifles. I got mine.
The ranks of independents are swelling.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 01:47 PM   #228
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The militia are already well regulated.

Of course you have to realize that the Bill of Rights term "Well Regulated" in 18th century parlance meant "Proficient" rather than the modern twisted interpretation attempting to justify ongoing government infringements.
Fine, so raise the bar for proficiency.

David Bowie
Old 04-11-23, 01:56 PM   #229
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The ranks of independents are swelling.
Yeah, I could be wrong, that's just my impression. There certainly are a lot of racist ideological mass shooters, too.
Old 04-11-23, 02:35 PM   #230
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Fine, so raise the bar for proficiency.

Quote:
pro·fi·cien·cy
noun
noun: proficiency;

a high degree of competence or skill; expertise.
So how exactly does improving ones skill with firearms dissuade mass murderers? I mean other than having a crack shot cop or guard take the monsters out as they are shooting their way through the glass doors of a school, because we know you don't mean that!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 02:38 PM   #231
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A thought well more likely speculations

People in and outside USA say it has to do with the American mentality.

Is this true ?

How would it be like if we had same laws(2nd Amendment) I Germany, Denmark and Sweden.

I would say we could be witness to these mass shootings as well.

We are not free from these shootings-But here it's mostly gang related where one gang fire lots of shots into a crowd, to get one person.
How many gun, rifle or machine gun there is on the black marked I don't know.

Here it's almost impossible to get a gun bigger than an air rifle.
You have to be 18 or older to buy an air rifle

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 04:10 PM   #232
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A thought well more likely speculations

People in and outside USA say it has to do with the American mentality.

Is this true ?

Markus
Probably. Though not all Americans have this mentality.
Old 04-11-23, 04:41 PM   #233
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"Culture" likely designates the limits within which the huge middle part of a normal distribution curve manifests itself with respect to a characteristic - in this case what is meant by "mentality". The upper and lower ends of that graph may lie outside these designation lines, indicating according lower shares of the total raw data.
Old 04-11-23, 05:40 PM   #234
Buddahaid

Quote:
So how exactly does improving ones skill with firearms dissuade mass murderers? I mean other than having a crack shot cop or guard take the monsters out as they are shooting their way through the glass doors of a school, because we know you don't mean that!
You can't buy until you prove you know how to use it safely. That won't stop many killers but it will slow down the buy it today and shoot up the office tomorrow nuts.

Hell, I don't know August, but something needs to give because it doesn't work now.

David Bowie
Old 04-11-23, 07:04 PM   #235
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Well, that in a sense is protecting and serving.

Sure, you go right ahead and open carry, please, I love having you as the first target when a criminal decides to rob the IHOP we having breakfast in.
Well,If i knew i might be out gunned at the IHOP, I would look for easer pickins. Like somebody lookin to get some cash at the ATM. Possibly a Texan who just got his room key and has a 2 hands full of luggage. Ya baby your mine. Then again i might be the guy who saves your life. Look ya have to look around see what is happening in your community what is going on in the Village you live in.And if you want to travel to and thru another village you better know. As a over the road trucker you know this. I don't see why Florida's new law would bother you. Anyway why we have stand your ground laws in Florida is because if the news media would be honest about crime they would be called RACIST. The reason for this bill is Law enforcement is undergoing a new evolution and our Governor is allowing the citizen to use their common sense to protect themselves. If you don't get what i'm saying spend a night in Brownsville Texas.

Last edited by Gorpet; 04-11-23 at 07:44 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 07:05 PM   #236
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
You can't buy until you prove you know how to use it safely. That won't stop many killers but it will slow down the buy it today and shoot up the office tomorrow nuts.

Hell, I don't know August, but something needs to give because it doesn't work now.
The only thing that is going to stop mass murderers in the short term is hardening the targets. It's madness to declare a gun free zone that obviously attracts these killers without protecting the now defenseless people within it. Wolves are not stopped by stern signs ordering them to stay out of the pasture. You need physical barriers and guard dogs and it ain't racist to say it.

In the long term we need to stop glorifying these crimes. Both in the way we report on them and the way we promote bloody vengeance as a solution to life's injustices. Like 99% of action movies have that exact plot, a reflection of the concepts popularity. There are parts of our society so twisted that they even see these monsters as heroes to be admired and maybe emulated. We grew these people. Our culture is creating these monsters. We need to find a way to stop doing that.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 08:05 PM   #237
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
The only thing that is going to stop mass murderers in the short term is hardening the targets. It's madness to declare a gun free zone that obviously attracts these killers without protecting the now defenseless people within it. Wolves are not stopped by stern signs ordering them to stay out of the pasture. You need physical barriers and guard dogs and it ain't racist to say it.

In the long term we need to stop glorifying these crimes. Both in the way we report on them and the way we promote bloody vengeance as a solution to life's injustices. Like 99% of action movies have that exact plot, a reflection of the concepts popularity. There are parts of our society so twisted that they even see these monsters as heroes to be admired and maybe emulated. We grew these people. Our culture is creating these monsters. We need to find a way to stop doing that.
What will stop this is public executions.Of those who commit and are found on video doing these crimes.Beyond the shadow of doubt.No need for a jury if their face and body is identifiable in video.Hell 4 years ago people were running around neighborhoods with mobile guillotines.
Old 04-11-23, 08:37 PM   #238
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
What will stop this is public executions.Of those who commit and are found on video doing these crimes.Beyond the shadow of doubt.No need for a jury if their face and body is identifiable in video.Hell 4 years ago people were running around neighborhoods with mobile guillotines.
I think the spectacle of the guillotine is a huge step backwards for human civilization since death penalties have no impact on those who expect to die. It's only for survivor blood lust, and does nothing to stop the problem.

David Bowie
Old 04-11-23, 09:03 PM   #239
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
I think the spectacle of the guillotine is a huge step backwards for human civilization since death penalties have no impact on those who expect to die. It's only for survivor blood lust, and does nothing to stop the problem.
Hell i disagree it works very well in middle east countries. Or haven't you looked. ?

They don't seem to have the multiple school shootings in their countries or any multiple shootings since the US has left. And they just have a man/women that will just swing a sword.
Now the whole world knows the Colombians introduced the Chain Saw.That makes the guillotine obsolete. Right, no Wrong it was the Colombians .In 1983 in a shower stall in a motel in Miami. Yes and i think the people would love it.

Last edited by Gorpet; 04-11-23 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-11-23, 09:30 PM   #240
Buddahaid

The US is not anywhere near those countries, and hopefully, will never be. Theocracy, even though some like Lauren Boebert try to make it happen ignoring the first amendment, will never happen.

David Bowie

Tags
shooter, shooting