SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Knights of the Sea Depths II: Adversaries
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-21, 04:56 AM   #1
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Default [OLD] KSD II + Wolfpack mod English TRANSLATION

The thread was moved to to Silent Hunter IV ATO mods
Link https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250525

Hello, when KSD II was introduced in Subsim forum I was amazed by the size and the quality of the modpack. The only thing I disliked is that it was in Russian and because of that it was very hard to understand and get immersed into the game. And while searching the internet I found a forum from where the modpack originated(https://brat01.mybb.by/). With help of web page translator I got more information about the modpack and the team who created this amazing modpack. I discovered that there are even more mods for KSD II. I found great campaign mod Wolfpack (author Lukner). With his mod the game was even more improved. Then I decided to translate the modpack with this mod together. But now after opening and translating over 1000 files I believe I have translated it to English.

Important
I am not author of any these mods and I do not claim their work only the translation. I just want to share it so more people could enjoy this great modpack. If any of the authors or Subsim admins think I have broken a rule of some sorts please contact me.

It is slightly akward releasing a mod which needs both forums to use I am sorry for that. Maybe in a future there will be just a big modpack with English language.

How to report bugs.

Due to the massive amounts of texts and files for one person. There is a great possibility of translation mistakes or missing letters. If you find them please report it in this thread. Write a date when you got the message upload a picture or just mention text which has a mistake.

Known bugs:
UAK(training flottila) when spawning in a port submarine could get stuck in the land)
UAK(training flottila) not sure if objectives works needs more testing.
Type IXC/40 wobbly propellers.[SIZE=5][SIZE=3]

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition

Last edited by Niume; 09-22-21 at 10:57 AM.
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 05:02 AM   #2
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Excellent work, thank you very much Niume!
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 06:22 AM   #3
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

awesome
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 12:55 PM   #4
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default fantastic work

I would like to congratulate you for this work which is really impressive .. you can complete it by adding the vickers trad. he will translate the quick mission & war patrol part .. if he agrees which is the case it seems to me .. so there will be more school left to translate which is cool compared to what you already shot .. .really .. and I support all that you have said about the brat01 team which really is by far one of the best Mods I have ever played ... moreover the team is animated by a genuine passion..documentation aplenty ... on Uboats ..
for me this mod is the best of its kind ... is it really cool that you translated it bravo Niumé

KSD II

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-17-21 at 01:19 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 01:37 PM   #5
Niume
Sea Lord

A bigger priority would be is to translate the help section (F1). But I can't because something is wrong with encoding or something.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 07-17-21, 02:04 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: LAA ~ 4GB patch...

Ahoy, Niume...

Great job, translating. Will see of resetting this back up, using the activate list you've thoughtfully provided.

1 question, rather than in step 2, where you list using the 4GB patch... do you think there would be any issues on instead of using the patch, to run it with LAA (for those NOT familiar with what LAA stands for, it is Large Address Aware, basically a tool to tell your computer to assign any game with 4 GB RAM access rather than it being limited to 2GB RAM. In short, it helps eliminate mostly, the game CTD'ing. I say mostly, as there are other issues that can lead to CTD's, as well. This tool just helps to eliminate CTD's from lack of RAM, as I understand it... )

Am fairly confident that using LAA should be acceptable but...

Will await your radio message back on this... standing by.

M. M.

Old 07-17-21, 02:09 PM   #7
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
A bigger priority would be is to translate the help section (F1). But I can't because something is wrong with encoding or something.
Good evening Niume can be asked to the designer .. to have a solution can be seen with Alx_Novoros from SHO he is the designer of the multi .. I think he knows English and understands it well ... or Mr vickers good luck for the project because the manual and just as important ...
Old 07-17-21, 02:15 PM   #8
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Niume...

Great job, translating. Will see of resetting this back up, using the activate list you've thoughtfully provided.

1 question, rather than in step 2, where you list using the 4GB patch... do you think there would be any issues on instead of using the patch, to run it with LAA (for those NOT familiar with what LAA stands for, it is Large Address Aware, basically a tool to tell your computer to assign any game with 4 GB RAM access rather than it being limited to 2GB RAM. In short, it helps eliminate mostly, the game CTD'ing. I say mostly, as there are other issues that can lead to CTD's, as well. This tool just helps to eliminate CTD's from lack of RAM, as I understand it... )

M. M.

hey Mad Mardigan

there is no need for all this it is already planned in it no "large address awar" besides I don t like it !!! nor patch 4g !! which is much better much less ctd ...
greetings & respect to you

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-17-21 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-18-21, 02:10 AM   #9
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Niume...

M. M.

I don't think there is a big differences between LAA and 4gb patch. So I think you will be fine .

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 07-18-21, 02:41 AM   #10
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Is there any issues when running this list with the full interior mod? I made a first try and haven’t found any issues so far?
Old 07-18-21, 03:42 AM   #11
Niume
Sea Lord

I am not sure. But it could affect stability.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 07-18-21, 06:10 AM   #12
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Patch

I repeat.. it I do not use any patch whatsoever ... since it is part of the assembly...
Old 07-18-21, 06:36 AM   #13
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Is there any issues when running this list with the full interior mod? I made a first try and haven’t found any issues so far?
No .. do not play with the complete interiors ... under penalty of breaking its assembly ... besides the mod does not especially need it
to play the interiors it was to play without Wolfpack..

Have you been able to appreciate this sequence of diving .. the immersive sound .. the inertia of the boat (observe the recommendations of Kellermann you will understand better ...) the devices available ... the research that was carried out here ... the navigation of the terrible boat ... the precision of the model uboats ... of the ships .. i haven't seen so much of such a thing in other Sh4 mods ..
Moreover, when I see the "Uboat" game which has a "next generation" engine, I find that it is on the street ... facing the navigation & ship model here .. !! the "Dev" does not use the engine correctly and it is difficult to master it the rest too bad this game has a great potential ... you should know that the KsD II team is still preparing new things each time ;;; I have been able to approach certain works and I can tell you that if they have mastered their subject there will still be some great things in perspective.
best regards KM_U669 :Kaleun_Salut :do not hesitate to visit them

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-18-21 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-18-21, 06:52 AM   #14
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
No .. do not play with the complete interiors ... under penalty of breaking its assembly ... besides the mod does not especially need it
to play the interiors it was to play without Wolfpack..

Have you been able to appreciate this sequence of diving .. the immersive sound .. the inertia of the boat (observe the recommendations of Kellermann you will understand better ...) the devices available ... the research that was carried out here ... the navigation of the terrible boat ... the precision of the model uboats ... of the ships .. i haven't seen so much of such a thing in other Sh4 mods ..
Moreover, when I see the "Uboat" game which has a "next generation" engine, I find that it is on the street ... facing the navigation & ship model here .. !! the "Dev" does not use the engine correctly and it is difficult to master it the rest too bad this game has a great potential ... you should know that the KsD II team is still preparing new things each time ;;; I have been able to approach certain works and I can tell you that if they have mastered their subject there will still be some great things in perspective.
best regards KM_U669 :Kaleun_Salut :do not hesitate to visit them
Yes I have. I hope that question did not come over as demanding...

I am very impressed with this mod. One of my first expiriences: Started 1941 from Brest, Bay of Biscay. Got constantly harrased by airplanes, like it was in real life! Never saw that to this extend in any other mod. This alone shows that the makers throughtly researched the uboat war as it was. I cant wait to play more of this mod and enjoy all the great things as this offers.
Old 07-18-21, 07:01 AM   #15
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Yes I have. I hope that question did not come over as demanding...

I am very impressed with this mod. One of my first expiriences: Started 1941 from Brest, Bay of Biscay. Got constantly harrased by airplanes, like it was in real life! Never saw that to this extend in any other mod. This alone shows that the makers throughtly researched the uboat war as it was. I cant wait to play more of this mod and enjoy all the great things as this offers.
yes a research work was carried out was very difficult to implement with airplanes .. according to Comrade Lukner it has now been 3 years that I am on Ksd is really a site with great Russians

Tags
english, ksdii, sh4, u-boat