Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-23, 06:18 AM   #11281
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-09-23, 11:00 AM   #11282
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-09-23, 01:10 PM   #11283
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Set subtitles to English translation.
Old 06-09-23, 02:13 PM   #11284
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
China was NOT "there for 5000 years". Their local warlords and leaders were quite happy to wage their own local wars, China never really opened to the rest of the world. The first initiative that did something was Bill Clinton's policy. Maybe he should have abstained

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-09-23, 05:43 PM   #11285
Skybird
Soaring

Reports mount at an alarming rate that the air situation is causing Kyiv big troubles. Russia has adapted to what the Ukrainians did to them last year, and now flood the air with drones that guide in their artillery. The Ukrainian attacks have not yet bogged down, but they ran into much stiffer resistence than last year - right as I predicted. The tanks and armoured vehicles have currently possibly not he ammount of protection from the armada of Russian drones that they need. Many more Gepards are demanded, and qickly. Its possible that Russian claims to have taken out one of the Isis systems is true. If so, thats a big loss. Kyiv's mayor Klitschko said that in Kyiv the system so far has a hit rate of 100%. But the Germana have send a few more meanwheile, and two of them are with the combat troops near or at the fronts.

One must not forget that Ukraine fights in numerical inferiority already at the beginning of this offensive. I dont like what the media have to say on the attacks and fights so far. Things must improve, or there will come big problems.
Old 06-09-23, 06:05 PM   #11286
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
China was NOT "there for 5000 years". Their local warlords and leaders were quite happy to wage their own local wars, China never really opened to the rest of the world. The first initiative that did something was Bill Clinton's policy. Maybe he should have abstained
I think Nixon beat Clinton to the punch back in 72'
Old 06-09-23, 06:50 PM   #11287
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
I think Nixon beat Clinton to the punch back in 72'
I thought the same too and let’s not forget everyone’s favorite National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger was a major player in preparing that visit.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 06-10-23, 04:15 AM   #11288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-10-23, 04:36 AM   #11289
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-10-23, 05:28 AM   #11290
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
He doesnt know tanks, this is no leo2 a4 as he claims, but the frontal turret shows wedged armour, it is a5 or higher. A5 were not delivered i think, at least not by germany, but a6. It must be an a6 therefore.

The bradley is not in sand camouflage, i think it is night vision photo/thermal: bright means hot.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-10-23 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-10-23, 06:01 AM   #11291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt we'll ever get a full, clear and accurate take on matters until hostilities cease....should that ever happen.

Old 06-10-23, 06:59 AM   #11292
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I doubt we'll ever get a full, clear and accurate take on matters until hostilities cease....should that ever happen.
Thats why I dont give much for these videos from many sources, no matter which side they favour. They all are no informaiton but propaganda, based on previous propaganda, even if the authors mean to be honest.
Old 06-10-23, 07:07 AM   #11293
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Surprise me that after a couple of lost vehicles, people think Ukraine counteroffensive is lost. This terrain where they're now fighting is open terrain, strong defense lines and Ukraine lacks air superiority, so we will see in the coming days/weeks high loses as in any offensive. That is the old normal of war. It is also not all about material leadership on the fronts, and all the organization behind the front is a great factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online  
Old 06-10-23, 08:02 AM   #11294
Skybird
Soaring

I didn't say that the offensive was lost. But this spacing thing really upset me, something like that should not happen, and it doesn't matter if they were in a minefield or under heavy rocket fire. If this was a one-time "mishap," then that's fine. But if it is an indicator of the general level of training of their armored troops, then they are going to have problems.

Whether in column or in line or in any other formation, the individual tank commander is responsible for maintaining the correct distance (as ordered) from the vehicle in front of him, and to a lesser extent from the one behind him, or the two vehicles to his right and left. However, the formation commander, whether a platoon or a company, is responsible for overlooking and by command correcting the relative positions of ALL vehicles within the formation and must also decide when to change formation and what distance to maintain. The platoon leader has to be aware of the spacing between the 4 tanks in his platoon, he has to check it and overview it.

When you have enemy drones in the air and are within firing range of enemy missiles and artillery, you obviously do not want to clot your units in a crowded place and within minum spacing, even and especially when you pass through a minefield. Time may be critical, but still - yoo must increase spacing so much so that if one vehicle hits a mine the vehicle behind has enough time to react and stop instead of just blindly evading to the side at last moment - and then runs on a mine outside the cleared passage, too. The video also shows that already the columned approach had way too tight spacing. A welcomed feast for cluster ammunition or drone-guided artillery barrages. Or low flying CAS.

Such things are already not nice if you have hundreds and hundreds of tanks. If you only have a very limited number of advanced tanks, then every single loss counts multiple times as heavy.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-10-23 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-10-23, 08:13 AM   #11295
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The last few days I have been bombarded with all kind of news from this offensive-What is true and what's not.

I hope that the Ukrainian have success in their effort to gain land.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread