SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-23, 02:12 PM   #1516
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
We all have different monitors and the amount of brightness and black crush is staggering.I spent 1K dollars on mine as I like a very dark game that you can still see stuff in the darkness.My next purchase will be an Oled with its ultimate dark and blackness levels.This pic shows what an Oled brings in regards to black crush.Left side the rocks are all black while right side you can make details out.
https://blog.solidsignal.com/wp-cont...02/crushed.png

IMO this should be an individually done mod.As Fifi points out it "should" only take 10 mins.I wanna be able to see a flag at 500m at noon but I understand on other peoples homes and monitors this is probably not an issue.
I don't think it's the instructor's fault very often it's the people who don't know what their equipment is used for...or better yet they don't know what they're buying...and regret after an explanation...

These flags are perfect!! do you believe that the German submariners saw flags in the middle of the dark and overcast night, I doubt they had to take risks by approaching their target, which is more logical, you will agree..

Now there are few.. backup questions we have been asked you have not answered.. it would be good to stick to what is happening here no when do you think?uais:
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 03:00 PM   #1517
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I don't think it's the instructor's fault very often it's the people who don't know what their equipment is used for...or better yet they don't know what they're buying...and regret after an explanation...

These flags are perfect!! do you believe that the German submariners saw flags in the middle of the dark and overcast night, I doubt they had to take risks by approaching their target, which is more logical, you will agree..

Now there are few.. backup questions we have been asked you have not answered.. it would be good to stick to what is happening here no when do you think?uais:

I know full well about monitors and I returned 4 back to local Microcenter from bad visuals.As for this brighter flags mod...where did I ever say that we should be able to see flags "in the middle of the dark and overcast night"?? On a clear night though well yeah I think we should see flags when close enough.

My flag issue started when I noticed the sun is behind a flag in daylight with clear skies and "I" cant see it.So I will adjust the emissives to get better effect in daylight and "clear" night too and you can stay with it as it is Kal.

As for backup questions? WHat question is this?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 03:33 PM   #1518
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
I know full well about monitors and I returned 4 back to local Microcenter from bad visuals.As for this brighter flags mod...where did I ever say that we should be able to see flags "in the middle of the dark and overcast night"?? On a clear night though well yeah I think we should see flags when close enough.

My flag issue started when I noticed the sun is behind a flag in daylight with clear skies and "I" cant see it.So I will adjust the emissives to get better effect in daylight and "clear" night too and you can stay with it as it is Kal.

As for backup questions? WHat question is this?
As I said no problem... see here in broad daylight...

As for backup issues? What is this question?
we had to ask if you were able to reload your career 3.7 on 3.8??
Old 04-19-23, 03:49 PM   #1519
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

I am not doing a career right now just single missions.That is why I was constantly wondering what you meant.

As for that pic....you would never get so close to see a flag like that aboard a submarine.Do a pic in daylight clear skies thru a 6X scope at 1Km and taken from the opposite side from where sun is shining aka when the flag is in shadow.

But you know what...this is moot as you like your settings as is.I feel your making me out to be a scene stirrer here Kal.I posted a mod that Fifi may like and he tested it out and said honestly that he finds it garrish.I am ok with that and moved on.
Old 04-19-23, 04:41 PM   #1520
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
I am not doing a career right now just single missions.That is why I was constantly wondering what you meant.

As for that pic....you would never get so close to see a flag like that aboard a submarine.Do a pic in daylight clear skies thru a 6X scope at 1Km and taken from the opposite side from where sun is shining aka when the flag is in shadow.

But you know what...this is moot as you like your settings as is.I feel your making me out to be a scene stirrer here Kal.I posted a mod that Fifi may like and he tested it out and said honestly that he finds it garrish.I am ok with that and moved on.
I'm going to stop there with you... I usually don't talk to imbeciles, it might suddenly make them smart..
stop your useless polemics it's really heavy at the end..
you pollute the fils with your "bull****"
When you are asked a question and asked to perform tests you are unable to answer it... who is stirring what here..?? let me laugh.. Elsewhere you don't shine by your work here or elsewhere... now I realized that finally you are everywhere and nowhere at the same time...stop

900m drapeau.

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-19-23 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-19-23, 05:22 PM   #1521
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Support help

I would like to have @derstosstrupp's point of view on the flags.. if he links me
we need your knowledge... Thank you S.o.S
Sincerely Kal Maximus U669
Old 04-19-23, 06:14 PM   #1522
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Have some wine,get some fresh air,its only a game chill out
Old 04-20-23, 01:30 AM   #1523
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 26

Quote:
My flag issue started when I noticed the sun is behind a flag in daylight with clear skies and "I" cant see it.

Can you provide a screenshot ? You can't see the flag because it's invisible, or because it's too dark ?
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-23, 01:59 AM   #1524
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Can you provide a screenshot ? You can't see the flag because it's invisible, or because it's too dark ?

The flag is visible but just a bit too dark when its in shadow so I cant see it.Easily fixable and I'll get around to it when I get a chance.That said,this is Fifi's thread on NYGME and out of respect I don't want to make anymore inroads into it.
Old 04-20-23, 05:31 AM   #1525
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Cool heads everyone and I'd also appreciate an end to the insults and name calling.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-23, 10:52 AM   #1526
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

For those using DGUI hardcore gui, to send correct convoy heading (if you don't know):

- 1) unlock tdc with button (must be blue)

- 2) now this dial can turn...select correct convoy heading

- 3) ask your radio guy to send contact report (with still tdc unlock!)

- 4) after, don't forget to re-lock your tdc with button!

- 5) you can verify your message sent with the heading you gave

Telling this because i figured out the good dial to turn not long ago!

Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-23, 11:14 AM   #1527
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Thanx, I was never quite clear on that
Old 04-20-23, 05:52 PM   #1528
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Thanx, I was never quite clear on that
Hey Jerry my best regards..
Did you attack the Polish submarine...?? if so what do you think of the resistance of this one?? KM U669
Old 04-20-23, 05:56 PM   #1529
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Cool heads everyone and I'd also appreciate an end to the insults and name calling.
Sorry D'Jim uais:.. j ai le dû recadrer.. there was no insult.. only truth no??
@Wolfstriked
I don't drink wine... and I take the air regularly... so all is well..
Old 04-20-23, 06:05 PM   #1530
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Sorry D'Jim uais:.. j ai le dû recadrer.. there was no insult.. only truth no??
@Wolfstriked
I don't drink wine... and I take the air regularly... so all is well..

Again with the idiotic behavior..... How old are you may I ask?