Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-23, 02:35 PM   #5836
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We are not sending anyone to jail. We are merely wishing that a plausible scenario works out in what would be the nations favor.

If I were to hope that meteor falls out of the sky and flattens Biden is that a dangerous disincentive to voting too?
No, because that can only be attributed to natural causes or being lucky.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 02:37 PM   #5837
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

California is falling apart at the seams

Old 06-08-23, 02:38 PM   #5838
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
If I were to hope that meteor falls out of the sky and flattens Biden is that a dangerous disincentive to voting too?
From what I have read-American voters would still put their vote on him. Every steps count to avoid Trump winning the election.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 05:24 PM   #5839
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-08-23, 07:28 PM   #5840
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Trump indicted on federal charges related to document handling and obstruction of justice

Trump has been ordered to appear in federal court in Miami on Tuesday

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...-been-indicted

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 07:39 PM   #5841
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Yes. I didn’t think it would be this week, though. He can still run from a prison cell. 🙃

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 12:12 AM   #5842
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes. I didn’t think it would be this week, though. He can still run from a prison cell. 🙃

Yeah they had to rush the announcement to counter the FBI being forced to turn over that first Biden bribery report.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 01:02 AM   #5843
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

They're providing their own perfect reason to lock us all down AGAIN midway thru 2024. We'll all need every vaccine known to man before we can emerge again.
Old 06-09-23, 06:20 AM   #5844
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"Chaaaaaarge...!"

Now someone will and already does present himself as a great innocent lamb who has been severely wronged. Towards his disciples he can and will exploit this shamelessly. It is difficult to say whether this will worsen or improve his election prospects.

Imagine the blame and mockery if they cannot prove what they charge him for and he gets out of it unsentenced - this is a high risk play for those pushing this. Even if they succeed through the court rituals and ghet a sentence, its not certain the Democrats can benefit from it. At least as long as the sentence is such that it does not legally prevent a candidacy/presidency.

Thats how I see it.
Old 06-09-23, 07:42 AM   #5845
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

No voter who gives a crap about the USA wants to go back to "before President Trump". The Republican politicians weren't getting it done, they were all "Neville Chamberlain" in regards to doing good by their own people. The big government liked them, and the military industrial complex really liked them. If only there was someone else who was about returning power to "we the people" who could actually do it, but there isn't. A Bush is no different than an Obama, or a Clinton. Our government never gives anything "back" to us once they take it, and they can always find or manufacture enemies to distract us from the fact that they are our actual "worst" enemy.
Old 06-09-23, 08:02 AM   #5846
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Chaaaaaarge...!"

Now someone will and already does present himself as a great innocent lamb who has been severely wronged.
He has been saying the same thing close to EIGHT YEARS when accusations of wrong doing first began.

Quote:
Towards his disciples he can and will exploit this shamelessly. It is difficult to say whether this will worsen or improve his election prospects.
I’m not one of his disciples and I certainly would not vote for him. My opinion of the situation is an attempt by established power to prevent a citizen of our country running for office. It’s this country’s version of Putin causing someone to accidentally fall out of a window.

Quote:
Imagine the blame and mockery if they cannot prove what they charge him for and he gets out of it unsentenced - this is a high risk play for those pushing this. Even if they succeed through the court rituals and ghet a sentence, its not certain the Democrats can benefit from it. At least as long as the sentence is such that it does not legally prevent a candidacy/presidency.

Imagine the blame and mockery if they cannot prove what? In case you haven’t already noticed nobody cares one bit about past unproven accusations they're just mesmerized by the spectacle and show. Unproven accusations of collusion, insurrection to name just a few have all gone the way of the Dodo bird. What makes you believe a mob will give a rats arse about the newest fad? Wake me when "journalists" who haven't built careers on hyping up his guilt actually have some useful information accompanied by some hard evidence. Until that time comes this is just more of the same.

I suspect jailing opponents is the wave of the future. But just remember you asked for it, power will always gladly do what people allow them to do all in the name of freedom and democracy of course.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-09-23 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-09-23, 08:44 AM   #5847
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Heard in the news(radio) that if Trump get a verdict, some of his hardcore supporters may leave him.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 08:59 AM   #5848
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Anyone know why we are told in order for our country to pay its bills we must borrow money to do it and go trillions of dollars deeper in debt? I suppose what makes Trump so popular in peoples minds is the sense of control they have in his future. Whereas how to fix 32 trillion dollar debt, rising interest rates and hold representatives accountable is viewed as hopeless and out of reach.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-09-23 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-09-23, 02:38 PM   #5849
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The trenches widen, the polarization progresses. The FAZ comments:

Quote:
(...)
In a constitutional state, which the United States undoubtedly is, no one should be above the law, not even a former president. In principle, then, there is little to object to Trump now being indicted in federal court.

Lax handling of classified government documents is not a trivial offense, especially if you do it the way Trump did. For a court in Miami to determine whether he has committed a crime in doing so is in the interest of all American citizens, who must trust in law and order.

Unfortunately, the United States is also the Western society in which the culture war between left and right is most advanced. The previous proceedings against Trump have already shown how politicized the perception of the judiciary has become. The hard core of his supporters has never been impressed by Trump's legal problems, which are, after all, an expression of manifold political and character deficits.

The way large parts of the Republican base still tick can be seen in the fact that Trump's challengers dare not oppose him even now. The political reading promoted by the once conservative party, which is now infused with strong reactionary currents, is that the administration of his successor is trying to eliminate Trump by legal means.

In terms of electoral strategy, it can be assumed that the case could benefit Trump in the nomination, but Biden in the election. But that inadequately describes the (practical) consequences of one of the most promising contenders for president being mired in criminal trials that could land him in jail.

The reconciliation of America that many had hoped for after Trump's ouster will not happen; the fuse he laid continues to burn. And the judiciary will not emerge from the upcoming mudslinging without damage, in which one will already be grateful if it proceeds peacefully.
(...)
Old 06-09-23, 07:51 PM   #5850
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I suggest reading the indictment.
https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.ne...indictment.pdf

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote