Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Modern Naval Warfare
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-20, 04:13 AM   #91
meetnick
Swabbie

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0
Default CW modern submarine weapons and counter measures

I heard that Steel Shark was either working on or had a mod for cold waters that adds more advanced weapons and counter measures does anyone know it this mod exist, and where I can get it, if so how to install it and or a video or training mission to learn how to use them??? Please reply. Thks.
meetnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 04:25 AM   #92
meetnick
Swabbie

Nuke Modern naval warfare??

I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.
Old 11-14-20, 04:34 AM   #93
meetnick
Swabbie

Default Sub sim mod idea

It would be a good idea if there could be secrete missions for a sea wolf sub to go and rescue submarine crews trapped inside submarines and you have a mini rescue sub that you launch, you have a certain time to get there and rescue them with other enemy ships and subs looking for it that might be responsible for sinking it where as you might have to take them out (before the time is up) or take a chance and try and sneak in to rescue them... the mini sub might have to make several trips also.
Old 11-14-20, 01:33 PM   #94
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.
There is no demo. There is a technical piece of software pre-pre-alpha for the investor/producers to show them the concepts of the sim (how it will work, how will be the graphics , ...) and it is not for public release.
If there is a demo it will be in one year or more. The sim is not even a newborn.

No walk around and the reactor don't even think about it. Have you ever see an image of a US nuclear submarine? NO because it's is classified. even the SSN-571 witch is a museum you can't see the reactor room.
Old 11-14-20, 10:25 PM   #95
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Not an American Reactor but heres a Russian one it an OK-650B from TK12 a project 941 Akula (NATO Typhoon)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313...7704769063054/

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 06:33 AM   #96
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
Icon14 Voice Acting

I want FPSChalzy voice as the sonar guy on my boat!

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 02:17 AM   #97
SatThuVoBui
Swabbie

Downloads: 30

Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck!
SatThuVoBui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 01:08 PM   #98
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!

He is one of the guys in Cold Waters
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 04:12 PM   #99
BENICK
Swabbie

Downloads: 107
Default Modern Naval Warfare

Hi Dimitri
Glad (and proud of course) that Greek Sub Simulator is on the horizon.
We are awaiting your feedback on the progress and estimated release time.
Trust you will consider some scenarios in Aegean and East Med.
Carry on with your team Mates.
BENICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 04:17 PM   #100
Heinrich Liebe
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

This sounds so good. I would spent my last cent for this game

Heinrich Liebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 11:42 PM   #101
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatThuVoBui View Post
Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck!

Aye Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENICK View Post
Hi Dimitri
Glad (and proud of course) that Greek Sub Simulator is on the horizon.
We are awaiting your feedback on the progress and estimated release time.
Trust you will consider some scenarios in Aegean and East Med.
Carry on with your team Mates.

Hey! Thank you! We were planning as an initial war theater the Mediterranean Sea but after a survey we did, South China Sea came in first.
Mediterranean will have to come later as DLC together with a proper campaign. But that is not bad from a point of view because by then and if everything goes well we will have published Type 214 too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich Liebe View Post
This sounds so good. I would spent my last cent for this game

Thank you. We would gladly take it

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you to whom I didn't have the time to respond in person.
Old 12-07-20, 02:51 AM   #102
chevelle505
Sailor man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
No external 3d views
Hate to say it but that’s a deal breaker for me, which is a HUGE let down as this sim looks absolutely stunning!!!! Interior looks amazing just wish if someone was going to make a simulator, they would simulate the sub!! Crew quarters, mess hall etc. at least a few rooms to walk through adds sooo much to the immersion!!

Personal opinion, what I’ve been hoping someone would make is basically a true simulator that isn’t just a blow em up game, but can actually allow you to simulate life on a submarine, just operating the sub could be simulated with such immersion! The closest that anyone has come in my opinion is “UBOAT” on steam. If I could have that, but in a modern nuclear attack sub, I’d be all in. The ability to travel to different ports across the globe, The ability to free roam and just explore the oceans and explore the sub a bit, crew management etc, a true SIMULATOR. Cold waters to me is nothing more than an arcade game with good graphics. Hopefully, if not this sim, someone will actually focus on making a true “simulator”. There’s alot more to running a submarine then just blowing stuff up. I can almost guarantee I’m alone in this here, but If you don’t want an outside 3D view of your sub, then don’t use it, but at least grant the option for those who do.

At any rate, it looks great, just hope it’s a true sim and not just another game.
chevelle505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 02:10 AM   #103
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

i've been waiting 2 decades for a true modern sub sim in the vein of silent hunter and i think this is it. my suggestion is to focus on core mechanics first. i see people talking about animated crew walking around and such, but even the silent hunter games did not have this feature, don't sweat it. those things can be added later. you guys truly came out of nowhere to build a dream game for a lot of people. where'd you guys come from and how did you make such a handsome prototype so soon?
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 07:02 PM   #104
chevelle505
Sailor man

Downloads: 36

I agree, I just hope they expand the subs interior enough to be able to “walk around” to a few compartments, even something as simple as a free camera inside and outside the sub, different ports to dock at, and a free roam mode where you can go explore the polar ice caps if you want, or run from the pacific down around and out into the Atlantic. I just want the basic free roam ability’s to command a modern nuclear submarine to start with. That’s what Iove about UBOAT, instead of always being forced to engage in battles like an arcade game, you can just sail around and explore if you wish and focus on crew and sub management. If this turns out to allow you to do that it will be quite literally a dream come true for me!!
chevelle505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 10:43 AM   #105
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I know Onkel Neal, and I enjoyed his voice in CW and now I want more! Ahaha!
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub