Uploads: 0

Survival
ice_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 02:28 PM   #48
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Zombies don't care about the Myan calendar or when Jesus was born they just want to eat brains.Therefore the best solution to counter the zombie threat would be to develop an advanced form of AI equal to the human brain.Then take your brain or rather what is in it and store it in the AI which would be store on some device embedded deep in your body to protect it from harm.Once you have no organic brain the zombies will not have any interest in you and survival will be much easier.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 03:28 PM   #49
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

This thread makes me want to play Fallout New Vegas.

Better yet Fallout 3, and nuke Megaton, and giggle.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 05:01 PM   #50
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

That was the comforting idea about working at SAC HQ. We knew that there were at least a few SS-18's with our address.

Nice and quick.

Like Steve, I would rather be in the first group of casualties.

Now if there were a mine shaft....

Old 01-18-13, 06:58 PM   #51
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The SAC HQ at Offutt? That would be the ideal place if WWIII had kicked off during the Cold War.Or any SAC base for that matter just stand outside while Buffs where are lifting of
you'd be done in about 15 minutes or so.

I love that ending scene of Dr. Strangelove mein fuhrer.Dr. Strangelove is obviously supposed to be Edward Teller.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 11:16 AM   #52
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Seeing how our old prepper thread got nuked (ironic, isn't it? ), I thought it would be approp[riuate in these times to resurrect this one, have fun.

Prepping doesn't always mean for the end of the world or collapse of society, anyone who lives on the Gulf Coast should be a little bit prepper for hurricanes.

And yeah, there is a wide range of preppers, so ymmv, some may seem irrational to you, get over it.

How to Survive the Apocalypse
- in tha New York Times, so you know it's getting serious

Quote:
President Trump threatens to “totally destroy North Korea.” Another hurricane lashes out. A second monster earthquake jolts Mexico. Terrorists strike in London. And that’s just this past week or so.

Yes, the world is clearly coming to an end. But is there anything you can do to prepare?

That is not a philosophical question, or a theological one. And if it is a question that seems to beg any explication, you may stop reading now.

But if you are among the swelling class of weekend paranoiacs of affluent means who are starting to mull fantasies of urban escape following the endless headlines about disasters, both natural and manufactured, you may be starting to see a different image in your mind when think “survivalist.” You may no longer see the wild-eyed cave dweller in camouflage fatigues, hoarding canned goods. You may even see one in the mirror.
Old 09-23-17, 01:09 PM   #53
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Were use to in Limey Ville when the natives are restless in Bradford West Yorkshire you don't call 999 for the police you ring India and ask for the Bengal Lancers
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 06:44 PM   #54
Kaptlt.Endrass
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 96

My ideal post-apocalyptic survival situation? If you have ever played 'The Long Dark' that's it.

I can easily become an arctic nomad, living off the land with only a hatchet, knife, and rifle. In addition, few people in a post-apocalyptic world are going to think 'Let's leave this sunny land with lots of food and water that we barely have to work for and go where every aspect of Mother Nature is trying to kill us.'

The Inuits and Siberians have been doing it for centuries. No reason why I can't, especially trained in that sort of situation.

As much as I dislike it sometimes, I'm a tin can sailor, through and through.
Kaptlt.Endrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 07:18 PM   #55
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I like the idea the Triffid's have taken over, blasting away with a pump action shot gun and a flame gun with a bloody great big knife for some one to one action.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 07:55 PM   #56
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptlt.Endrass View Post
My ideal post-apocalyptic survival situation? If you have ever played 'The Long Dark' that's it.

I can easily become an arctic nomad, living off the land with only a hatchet, knife, and rifle. In addition, few people in a post-apocalyptic world are going to think 'Let's leave this sunny land with lots of food and water that we barely have to work for and go where every aspect of Mother Nature is trying to kill us.'

The Inuits and Siberians have been doing it for centuries. No reason why I can't, especially trained in that sort of situation.
You're trained in living off the land? True about relocating to frozen wastelands, not very many people will opt for that.
Old 09-23-17, 09:43 PM   #57
Kaptlt.Endrass
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You're trained in living off the land? True about relocating to frozen wastelands, not very many people will opt for that.
Aye sir! Had a thing for a while, in fact, where my friends and I would head up to BC and spend some time in the wilderness, see who could last the longest.

Of course, the permits and all required, as well as tickets, got to be a little expensive.

As much as I dislike it sometimes, I'm a tin can sailor, through and through.
Kaptlt.Endrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 05:46 AM   #58
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Were use to in Limey Ville when the natives are restless in Bradford West Yorkshire you don't call 999 for the police you ring India and ask for the Bengal Lancers
What?....only in Bradford?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-17, 11:41 AM   #59
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Learned that for hurricanes I had water well covered, gasoline not so much. ...and that's without even bothering to break out a generator. Next time I intend to have at least sixty gallons on hand.
Old 09-26-17, 01:46 PM   #60
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
HEY THERE'S ALWAYS ICE FISHING... WITH A SIX PACK OF HAMM'S BEER TO WARM U UP!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
doomsday, prepper, preppers, survival