SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-10, 12:03 AM   #46
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

hey can you help? i used the editor to try and make a mission, and everything appears/seems to be in order to the best i can tell (the mission is playable) the only problem i have is my sub (and possibly other ships coz i'm not able to actually check) is doubled...

i.e. when i launch the game i'm standing/commanding 1 ship, and this ship has spawned in the exact same spot as a second ship of the same type, so 2 ships are taking up the same space at the same time.... it's not noticable right away until i a) move a little bit, or b) the ocean waves cause the ships to rock a little bit, splitting them apart.
i can't for the life of me figure out wtf is wrong =/
homsikpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 03:25 PM   #47
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
hey can you help? i used the editor to try and make a mission, and everything appears/seems to be in order to the best i can tell (the mission is playable) the only problem i have is my sub (and possibly other ships coz i'm not able to actually check) is doubled...

i.e. when i launch the game i'm standing/commanding 1 ship, and this ship has spawned in the exact same spot as a second ship of the same type, so 2 ships are taking up the same space at the same time.... it's not noticable right away until i a) move a little bit, or b) the ocean waves cause the ships to rock a little bit, splitting them apart.
i can't for the life of me figure out wtf is wrong =/
Maybe this helps , i dunno

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...97&postcount=3
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 04:04 PM   #48
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
i don't fully get it but i think it's saying "change the report post time/probablity"?

i'm not sure how this would affect my player controlled sub, but i'll give it a try. also what do i put if i don't want them to respawn? since 0 doesn't seem to be working =/
homsikpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 03:46 PM   #49
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

What are threat zones ? How do they work ?
Old 04-14-11, 02:18 AM   #50
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

LF an experienced moder in working with ME, possibly with ME2. Ex GWX team member would be awesome. There is a big problem with the messages in SH5 and the date they are sent. Here is a sample:

[Trigger 1]
TrigName=Radio_M01
Type=1
IsFromSingleMis=false
Time=-131820

[Event 1]
EventName=R01
Type=0
TriggersNo=1
Trigger1=Radio_M01
IsFromSingleMis=false
RepeatedUntilReceived=true
Critical=true

Took me a very long time and a dev to figure out why the messages are not popin up at the date inserted in ME. Time=131820 means .... 91.541666667 days But what about Time=-131820 ?!?

Now, how the heck I suppose to calculate every message in SH5?! because I cannot figure out when the count start. At the beginning of the recent campaign, the whole campaign, the mission? And the - sign in front of the time is just crazy. - 91 days since/until .. what?! Was the same in SH3 ?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 07:46 PM   #51
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Could i attach this mine to this nodes and have the mine randomly generate anywhere in the node path ? How do i attach something to a node ?
Old 04-25-11, 02:44 AM   #52
Zedi
Sea Lord

Tranform the node into a generator in the options panel. Then you will need to set up a "taskforce" with a group of mines or even a single one. Once done, edit the generator and put the new group in the spawn list.

But traveling mines are not healty, they can seriously mess with the traffic. Also, if destroyed, is harder to call for reinforcements. What I did was to spawn them as random naval group and set them as veterans. That way, they go crazy when you get close, they will start moving very similar to a magnetic mine.. very tense. This is already implemented in my WIP :P
Old 04-25-11, 04:21 AM   #53
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
/snip**
That way, they go crazy when you get close, they will start moving very similar to a magnetic mine.. very tense. This is already implemented in my WIP :P

Guess I'm going to have to steer well clear of minefields.

Old 04-25-11, 05:04 AM   #54
Zedi
Sea Lord

Actually, you have to go slow. First time I noticed this behavior, I got really scared as this was a very unexpected thing. Seeing a mine speeding up and heading straight to your boat its a very-very bad feeling, close to panicking.

I thought its a bug until I figured out that I forgot to set the mine rating to Poor, so when is set to Veteran or Elite.. he start to move when another boat gets close. Very similar behavior to a magnetic or acoustic mine.

So sailing through a Elite minefield will be a unique xp, mostly for those playing with real nav. And do not shot in the mines when too close, they go crazy and also your boat and crew will suffer very heavy damages. And if you engines broke down in a mine field.. well.. start praying :P
Old 06-07-11, 08:26 PM   #55
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Is this editor stupidly buggy or am I doing something wrong

Sometimes when I add units it doesn't show on the map as if its hidden Then when I do a validate mission later on errors come up that these ships do not have way points. Though I can't see those ships on the map - I zoom right out as maybe they ended up somewhere else on the map but nope I can't see them. Because those ships have errors I can't test the mission, in the Explorer part they show up but I can't delete them so have to start over.

I finally did get a mission to run in the game, tested it & it ran fine then went out and loaded up the mission to add more units but then the disappearing act happened again.

Wonder if the reason for not working correctly cause im running Windows 7 64bit? I spent more time fighting with this editor than enjoying it.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-07-11 at 08:38 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 12:27 PM   #56
Zedi
Sea Lord

If the simulation date is earlier than the game entry date, its normal that you wont see it. For example if your simulation date (on the menu bar) is set to 1940, but your unit entry date is 1941, you need to change the simulation date to 41 or 42 in order to be able to see it.
Old 06-08-11, 02:42 PM   #57
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
If the simulation date is earlier than the game entry date, its normal that you wont see it. For example if your simulation date (on the menu bar) is set to 1940, but your unit entry date is 1941, you need to change the simulation date to 41 or 42 in order to be able to see it.
ahh I see, yes I left it at its default date which I think was Sept 1939. Will change it.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 06:21 AM   #58
Lufhasa
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 42

Thx This tutorial very help me.
Lufhasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 12:39 AM   #59
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Default Mission Editor Help

Hi Chaps ive been away for a while but started writing new sh5 missions
when i write mission day date time year 01/01/1942 14.00hrs
when mission starts the message bar on bottom of screen says 0.00 not 14.00 my older missions are ok ive give mission a title a objective & a mission briefing mission start time & ships & uboats same start time day date year am i missing something any help would be great
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 11:20 PM   #60
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Kylania,

I'd really like to read your Mission Editor.pdf but the link;

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...g5N2FhNTYxMDlh

leads to a Google page which, as far as I can see, has no access to you tutorial. Could you check the link?

Thanks
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote