SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-23, 01:23 PM   #31
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 01:07 PM   #32
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-23, 08:29 AM   #33
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

'MY PRONOUNS ARE USA': Massachusetts middle school tries to make children wear rainbow clothing for Pride; students revolt, wear Red, White, and Blue

https://thepostmillennial.com/my-pro...campaign=64506

Quote:
Woke teachers were outraged during a recent meeting of the Burlington Select Board after a contentious incident at Marshall Simonds Middle School last week.

Principal Cari Perchase revealed that some students had organized an independent counter message to LGBTQ Pride festivities. The school attempted to make students wear rainbow colors to celebrate Pride, but many students revolted.

Counter-protesting students wore red, white, and blue, or black attire, including face paint. Additionally, stickers, banners, and signs were reportedly torn down and discarded in water fountains. "My pronouns are USA," the kids chanted.

Woke faculty members characterized the students' refusal to bend the knee to the rainbow mafia as "intolerence."

Triggered community members shared their reactions to the incident during the meeting, with one parent, Carl Foss, expressing his disappointment by stating, "I thought Burlington was a safer place."

Joanne Frustaci, a Burlington resident, complained to local news that it was "an unruly dispurtion" adding that it was "organized ahead of time."

"I recognize that discussions and celebrations of individual identity are complex and impacted by individual values, religions, and cultural norms, the result of which may include expressions of racism, anti-religious hate, ableism, and in this case homophobia" Superintendent Eric M. Conti wrote in a grovelling letter.

Principal Perchase acknowledged that the counter message was possibly triggered by the school's failure to recognize Memorial Day. School officials issued apologies to students on Monday, considering the lack of acknowledgment an unintended mistake.

“Respect for the observance of Memorial Day and respect for the LGBTQ community are not mutually exclusive,” she told local outlet 7 News Boston.

"I was shocked and horrified," said Nila Almstrom to NBC 10, noting that she is the parent of an LGBTQ student who goes by "he/they" pronouns.

The incident at Marshall Simonds Middle School has highlighted conservative concerns over the indoctrination of children into an extreme LGBTQ agenda.

Old 06-14-23, 08:54 AM   #34
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This is why I avoid flying, I'm fat and tall and small seats with insufficient legroom are a pain. But I don't blame the airline or other passengers.

Plus-size influencer Jae-lynn Chaney rips plane seat policies after demanding other flyers pay for extra seat
https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/plus-s...seat-policies/

Old 06-14-23, 09:00 AM   #35
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

There's always the cargo hold if more space is needed

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-23, 09:09 AM   #36
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
This is why I avoid flying, I'm fat and tall and small seats with insufficient legroom are a pain. But I don't blame the airline or other passengers.

Plus-size influencer Jae-lynn Chaney rips plane seat policies after demanding other flyers pay for extra seat
https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/plus-s...seat-policies/

First Class or Business Class have wider seat and more room for the leg.

The day my fear of flying disappear I'm going to fly first class.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-23, 02:21 PM   #37
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Oops, wrong thread. I wonder how much outrage at the size of rollercoaster seats? I barely fit in one of the universal rides. LOL

Last edited by em2nought; 06-14-23 at 02:26 PM. Reason: wrong thread
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-23, 06:00 AM   #38
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Any long haul flights I take (in excess of five hours) I usually go first class but this year the option for Mexico brought with it a premium of £910 so come September we will fly to Antalya , Turkey ( 4 1/2 hours) and additional leg room for us both each way only costs an extra £80 in total, far more reasonable.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-23, 02:22 PM   #39
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Foehner was slapped with eight counts of illegal weapons possession by Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz, including possessing the unlicensed gun used during the fatal shooting and for maintaining an armory filled with many unlicensed firearms, ammunition and body armor.
https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/nyc-ma...al-of-30-guns/

Protect yourself from a determined mugger, go to jail. New York = stupid.
Old 06-17-23, 02:32 PM   #40
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Another nutcase on a NYC subway, screaming, kicking old people, spitting. Oh lord, don't worry, he's just mentally ill, don't choke him, every life matters.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/good-s...ning-in-fight/

Quote:
Moncrieffe tried to defuse a violent altercation last month on a Brooklyn train — an intervention fueled by the chokehold death of Jordan Neely 10 days earlier.

“When I saw that all I thought about was Jordan Neely and I thought I just didn’t want this to escalate,” he told The Post.

“I didn’t want someone else to get killed or hurt.” said Moncrieffe.

“I said I don’t know you, but I love and respect you,” Moncrieffe said he told Lewis.

“You’re a young black man. You look like me. I just want to make sure you get home safe.”

But Lewis offered a bone-chilling response, according to Moncrieffe.

“He then said to me, ‘Yeah you don’t know me, but I’m going to make sure you remember me,'” Moncrieffe said.

With that, Moncrieffe retreated to the further end of the car with his back to the door — then felt a tap on his shoulder when the train doors opened behind him at the Fulton Street station.

Moncrieffe turned around to find Lewis standing there.

“He says ‘Thank you,’… and as he says ‘Thank you’ he slashes me down my face,” Moncrieffe said.

Moncrieffe could no longer see out of his left eye as the blood poured from his face, never saw the weapon.
Yeah, I bet he remembers him for a long time.

Old 06-18-23, 01:17 AM   #41
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Another nutcase on a NYC subway, screaming, kicking old people, spitting. Oh lord, don't worry, he's just mentally ill, don't choke him, every life matters.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/good-s...ning-in-fight/

Yeah, I bet he remembers him for a long time.

The fine lad who did that to him was mostly peaceful.
Old 06-18-23, 06:47 AM   #42
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yeah, mostly.

Get robbed? Get fired.
https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/circle...-sues-company/
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-23, 12:36 PM   #43
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-18-23, 03:46 PM   #44
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

^^^

This is something that I have noticed for a while about the progressive left. Some of their dogma is just plain cruel.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-23, 04:10 AM   #45
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://think--again-org.translate.g..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
In Austria, they go one step further. It has been found that female candidates have more difficulties in the admission tests than male candidates. In particular, they have problems with "quantitative and formal problems", "diagrams and tables" and "basic understanding of medicine and science". What could be the reason for this? Not because the ladies are less interested in this number stuff!

The right answer was quickly found: "If a group performs significantly less well, then it is obvious that something is wrong with the procedure". And so specific tests are now prepared for femaleness, or gender is benevolently taken into account in the evaluation.

So one day the patient will have to understand if the doctor is not quite as fit as she should be when interpreting an ECG diagram.

Not everywhere is the way paved for women in examinations as charmingly as in Austria, and that is a good thing. In 2009, for the first time, a woman was nominated for the management of a German nuclear power plant. But she was unlucky in the practical final exam. On the simulator she was supposed to shut down a nuclear reactor in 30-60 minutes and bring it to a safe condition. But she did not manage to do so even after two hours. No pardon was given.

Tags
conservative, liberal, politics, sjw, trans, woke