SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-23, 09:12 PM   #181
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Nothing to criticize here; these new ships are so clean, well-modeled, and much needed! Far too many games focus on hulking C-3's, T2 tankers, etc....I have a 1939 worldwide merchant ship list, and it shows that much of the world's merchant tonnage was still small ships like these. The small warships are a nice plus too!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-23, 07:18 AM   #182
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Is this new version compatible with your Air Force - SH5 planes pack for TWoS 2.2.24?
I ask, because there is a conflict with Names.cfg files of it.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-23, 07:42 AM   #183
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Is this new version compatible with your Air Force - SH5 planes pack for TWoS 2.2.24?
I ask, because there is a conflict with Names.cfg files of it.
Good catch, and no, not at the moment. I'll make a compatibility fix. For now, if you want them working together, you need to enable Little Ships 1.1. after Airforce, and manually add following lines to Names.cfg (both in Roster and data folders):

LBSUSEarlyWarB18B=B-18B Bolo
LBWhitley=Whitley Bomber
TBSGrumanJ2F=Grumman J2F "Duck"

This is because both mods modify Names.cfg so you want to have entries for new units from both of them.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-23, 09:06 AM   #184
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Good catch, and no, not at the moment. I'll make a compatibility fix. For now, if you want them working together, you need to enable Little Ships 1.1. after Airforce, and manually add following lines to Names.cfg (both in Roster and data folders):

LBSUSEarlyWarB18B=B-18B Bolo
LBWhitley=Whitley Bomber
TBSGrumanJ2F=Grumman J2F "Duck"

This is because both mods modify Names.cfg so you want to have entries for new units from both of them.
I think there is something more as only the Name.cfg incompatible, because the recognition manual doesn't work and the color function from the automations scrips too. And this happens also if I just enable Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2.2.25.

Normal function:

With only enabled Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2.2.25 with any other mods:

Old 05-18-23, 09:14 AM   #185
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I think there is something more as only the Name.cfg incompatible, because the recognition manual doesn't work and the color function from the automations scrips too. And this happens also if I just enable Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2.2.25
Right now I have no idea, I'll have to try reproducing this issue. Just to make sure, you didn't enable mod mid-patrol?
Old 05-18-23, 09:19 AM   #186
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Right now I have no idea, I'll have to try reproducing this issue. Just to make sure, you didn't enable mod mid-patrol?

I started a new campaign for testing a GSE light version and had this issue there. But I had you both mods enabled.
After some hours of testing with historical mission, I found out, that I got this issue only with your new little ship mod. And in my last test, where I made the screenshots and wrote here, I deactivated all mods and JGSME was empty and enable only little ships 1.1.

May be, I can try a reinstallation of TWoS and try again?!

Old 05-18-23, 10:11 AM   #187
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Update

I'm done now a complete uninstallation of SH5 and deleted all files of it. Then done a reinstallation with all patches of SH5 and start it first time as stock game. After this, I install TWoS 2.2.25 and use the "The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Expansion Pack_v2.2.25_Full.exe" and started SH5 after this without any mods and done ingame settings. Everything works fine at this moment and I start it without any mods again to be sure. At this point I had a complete new and untouched TWoS 2.2.25 installation.

At the next point, I only enable "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" and started SH5 again with sh5.exe and had exactly the same issue. Then I disabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" and started SH5 with sh5.exe again and everything works fine again. To be sure, I enabled only "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" again and got again this issue.

But I noticed, that the black screen of loading TWoS was with enabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" just for a few seconds. Without and and just TWoS with no other enabled mods, the black screen be there for 3 or 4 minutes like every time.

Old 05-18-23, 11:29 AM   #188
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Update

I'm done now a complete uninstallation of SH5 and deleted all files of it. Then done a reinstallation with all patches of SH5 and start it first time as stock game. After this, I install TWoS 2.2.25 and use the "The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Expansion Pack_v2.2.25_Full.exe" and started SH5 after this without any mods and done ingame settings. Everything works fine at this moment and I start it without any mods again to be sure. At this point I had a complete new and untouched TWoS 2.2.25 installation.

At the next point, I only enable "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" and started SH5 again with sh5.exe and had exactly the same issue. Then I disabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" and started SH5 with sh5.exe again and everything works fine again. To be sure, I enabled only "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" again and got again this issue.

But I noticed, that the black screen of loading TWoS was with enabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" just for a few seconds. Without and and just TWoS with no other enabled mods, the black screen be there for 3 or 4 minutes like every time.

Thanks for taking time to test it

I managed to reproduce the problem. I didn't catch it earlier because I mostly run SH5 with SOAN disabled (these long loading times are a pain when you constantly enter/exit the game to test mod changes). As for the cause, for the moment I'm clueless - I am 100% sure none of my files change anything in either scripts or SOAN options.
Old 05-18-23, 11:44 AM   #189
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I managed to reproduce the problem. I didn't catch it earlier because I mostly run SH5 with SOAN disabled (these long loading times are a pain when you constantly enter/exit the game to test mod changes).
I know what you mean. Sometimes it takes much longer to test a small change, because of this long loading time, as the change take.

Quote:
As for the cause, for the moment I'm clueless - I am 100% sure none of my files change anything in either scripts or SOAN options.
I'm with you. I can't find in your files any reason. I toke just a short look. But like I told, if I enabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" the loading time is just a few seconds.

Old 05-18-23, 12:16 PM   #190
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
like I told, if I enabled "Little Ships 1.1 for TWoS 2225" the loading time is just a few seconds.
Which would point to TDW's Automation and UserOptions Python scripts not working. But why? No idea, I'll try to test it some more.

EDIT: Ok, I managed to find the bug and fix it. It was caused by a typo in Bulgarian freighter's roster file setting its disappearance date to non-existing day. How is freighter's disappearance date connected with disabling Python scripts? No idea.

Download links updated, big thanks to GrenSo for spotting and reporting it

Last edited by kapuhy; 05-18-23 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-12-23, 02:25 PM   #191
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 134

What new ships You made?
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-23, 03:30 PM   #192
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:

EDIT: Ok, I managed to find the bug and fix it. It was caused by a typo in Bulgarian freighter's roster file setting its disappearance date to non-existing day. How is freighter's disappearance date connected with disabling Python scripts? No idea.
Sorry but I saw just now your edit and will download it again, test and report on weekend.
I can‘t tell you the reason, because my knowledge in python is not the best one. I also fight at the moment with the script of the grammophon to open and close the lid.

Quote:
Download links updated, big thanks to GrenSo for spotting and reporting it
Your welcome.

Old 06-12-23, 04:34 PM   #193
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:

I managed to reproduce the problem. I didn't catch it earlier because I mostly run SH5 with SOAN disabled (these long loading times are a pain when you constantly enter/exit the game to test mod changes). As for the cause, for the moment I'm clueless - I am 100% sure none of my files change anything in either scripts or SOAN options.
Hey kapuhy my best regards...
did you empty the "backup" in TWoS_Parts...??? ... the loading times piss me off in this game, that's why I stopped "tinkering"
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-23, 02:44 PM   #194
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
did you empty the "backup" in TWoS_Parts...??? ... the loading times piss me off in this game, that's why I stopped "tinkering"
I don't quite understand the question. The loading times are not dependent on my mod, you can cut them down by quite abit by disabling SOAN in Options Editor though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469 View Post
What new ships You made?
You'll find the list in this post:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=177
Old 06-19-23, 09:40 AM   #195
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I don't quite understand the question. The loading times are not dependent on my mod, you can cut them down by quite abit by disabling SOAN in Options Editor though.

I did not say that ...
I said the game takes a long time to load... when you want to make more personal edits to try out... it's very boring...
For the "Backup" I was talking about the one inside "TWoS_Parts"
and eliminate these old backups but sometimes this is not enough because of "UPCData" other things modified in the game database which leads to problems afterwards..d or the interest of having a "Backup" of its game installation. ..
My best regards and a big thank you for your nice work here friendly Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote