Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Modern Naval Warfare
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-20, 12:19 AM   #1
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Sonar screens, TMA calculations, time compression of X1 are some of what I think a Modern sub sim should have. My 2c here. Dangerous Waters despite old is still my favorite Mod sub sim. Sorry 688 folks...
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 12:51 AM   #2
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
Brothers Marek Španěl, and Ondřej Španěl...
Wish you all the luck nonetheless!

We truly appreciate the fact that you want to see this project alive on your screens and you also want us to be cautious about it. Not to crash on a reef some kind.
We are seriously considering all your thoughts no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
...Make a free base game with 1 platform to populate servers ,and make all subsequent platforms as DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
I second this. I think the DCS model is definitely something to consider.

We also like the way DCS is distributed but keep in mind Eagle Dynamics before getting into the DCS series of products first sold LockOn with UBI later Flaming Cliffs as independent producer, then Black Shark, then A10 etc.

Essentially we are talking about an evolution of the same product that ended up on the DCS platform and the way it is distributed today.

My personal thought on this matter is that first we have to produce and sell the first MNW and may it becomes the DCS of the oceans on the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
Sonar screens, TMA calculations, time compression of X1 are some of what I think a Modern sub sim should have. My 2c here. Dangerous Waters despite old is still my favorite Mod sub sim. Sorry 688 folks...
Agreed and thanks!
Old 07-07-20, 10:00 AM   #3
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
We also like the way DCS is distributed but keep in mind Eagle Dynamics before getting into the DCS series of products first sold LockOn with UBI later Flaming Cliffs as independent producer, then Black Shark, then A10 etc.

Essentially we are talking about an evolution of the same product that ended up on the DCS platform and the way it is distributed today.

My personal thought on this matter is that first we have to produce and sell the first MNW and may it becomes the DCS of the oceans on the years to come.

This is a good point. I had not considered the initial stages of that type of software release. Eagle Dynamics seems to have built up a base of capital prior to let DCS have a free base game. Then, I wouldn't advocate a free base game with the users paying only for additional modules if it meant microtransactions and ads and all that stuff to make a free base game feasible initially. Perhaps a hybrid between the DCS model and the traditional model - a (somewhat reduced) charge for the base game and then pay money for additional modules. Of course, I'm not here to tell you what the best financial model is for your game, I just find it a very interesting topic in terms of what it takes for sims to survive in this modern video game era.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 12:13 AM   #4
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
This is a good point. I had not considered the initial stages of that type of software release. Eagle Dynamics seems to have built up a base of capital prior to let DCS have a free base game. Then, I wouldn't advocate a free base game with the users paying only for additional modules if it meant microtransactions and ads and all that stuff to make a free base game feasible initially. Perhaps a hybrid between the DCS model and the traditional model - a (somewhat reduced) charge for the base game and then pay money for additional modules. Of course, I'm not here to tell you what the best financial model is for your game, I just find it a very interesting topic in terms of what it takes for sims to survive in this modern video game era.

It is interesting, this is actually the whole point of this thread isn't it?

Let me tell you something you already know...

Every single member of this site and that includes you and me knows what the features of MNW or any equivalent project should be. Maybe with some fluctuations or special preferences but we all do.
The big question is: "Should I spend the money to build it?"

You are on the right track of saying what is in your mind, no problem there.

Modern video game era!

I have no actual proof on what I am going to say. It is my personal opinion.
Simulators do not belong in the same market group as the rest video games.
A simulator designer/developer is addressed to a specific target group of educated individuals regarding a very specific topic and he is responsible to make this product last long.
The only common thing between video games and simulators is that they are sold by the same channel of distributors and that is something that comes from the 80s.
Back then the whole pc gaming community was assembled by those educated individuals (hobbyists) were today it is mutated into a retail market.

We have to be careful not to fall into the retail net.
Old 07-09-20, 04:22 PM   #5
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

In today's rather tough market and job environment, there is IMHO only one way to fulfill someone's desire and dream to create simulation seriously reflecting any complex modern technology.

And this way is to do it on your own and in your free time!

Short of inheritance or winning the lottery to prop your and your family financial needs try to get a steady and possibly not too demanding day job and without any extra external pressure from anybody but yourself start building your dream. I know this from my personal experience, that this way is the safest recipe for success and it works in most situations and circumstances.

It is true that it may take much longer, but it can be done without risk to anyone yourself including. It will work unless YOU change your mind or lose YOUR enthusiasm for the Project and then it is not too much of a big loss ... except for your own free time.

So Good Luck!
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 09:59 AM   #6
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

Yesterday video gamers are tomorrows simmers.
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 06:48 AM   #7
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
In today's rather tough market and job environment, there is IMHO only one way to fulfill someone's desire and dream to create simulation seriously reflecting...

... So Good Luck!
Your transmission is 59 to us. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
Yesterday video gamers are tomorrows simmers.

Agreed, that is why:

a. simulators are not expandable games that are forgotten after a season if they do not become a profitable brand with one or another way.

b. AAA graphics maybe don't mean much on seasoned players like you guys but it will attract the attention of a target group which might be interested in getting a closer look on a submarine (e.g. like when I was a kid and first saw Silent Service) and maybe some of them will find the genre attractive.
Old 11-14-20, 04:25 AM   #8
meetnick
Swabbie

Downloads: 93
Nuke Modern naval warfare??

I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.
meetnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 04:34 AM   #9
meetnick
Swabbie

Downloads: 93
Default Sub sim mod idea

It would be a good idea if there could be secrete missions for a sea wolf sub to go and rescue submarine crews trapped inside submarines and you have a mini rescue sub that you launch, you have a certain time to get there and rescue them with other enemy ships and subs looking for it that might be responsible for sinking it where as you might have to take them out (before the time is up) or take a chance and try and sneak in to rescue them... the mini sub might have to make several trips also.
meetnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 01:33 PM   #10
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.
There is no demo. There is a technical piece of software pre-pre-alpha for the investor/producers to show them the concepts of the sim (how it will work, how will be the graphics , ...) and it is not for public release.
If there is a demo it will be in one year or more. The sim is not even a newborn.

No walk around and the reactor don't even think about it. Have you ever see an image of a US nuclear submarine? NO because it's is classified. even the SSN-571 witch is a museum you can't see the reactor room.
Old 11-14-20, 10:25 PM   #11
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Not an American Reactor but heres a Russian one it an OK-650B from TK12 a project 941 Akula (NATO Typhoon)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313...7704769063054/

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 06:33 AM   #12
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
Icon14 Voice Acting

I want FPSChalzy voice as the sonar guy on my boat!

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 02:17 AM   #13
SatThuVoBui
Swabbie

Downloads: 30

Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck!
SatThuVoBui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 01:08 PM   #14
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
I want FPSChalzy voice as the sonar guy on my boat!

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!

He is one of the guys in Cold Waters
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub