SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-09, 07:01 PM   #181
Dutch
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I never had the chance to meet Capt. Zeb Alford but from everything that I have seen here, I am assured that he was an excellent man. I wish I would have had a chance to meet him.

I pray that his friends and family will be comforted, I can't imagine the level of loss you guys are feeling. But my prayers are with you.
Old 08-07-09, 07:06 PM   #182
patti
VIP

Downloads: 1
Default Patti

Well we finally have a date and time for the Memorial for my Dad.

the memorial will be at the 2nd Baptist Church in Houston and I will get the address or you can look it up on the net. The service will be at 10AM on August 21, 2009 and there will be a reception afterward.

I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible when we say our final good byes to Capt. Zeb:salute :

Patti( Navy Junior #1)
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 07:42 PM   #183
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti View Post
Well we finally have a date and time for the Memorial for my Dad.

the memorial will be at the 2nd Baptist Church in Houston and I will get the address or you can look it up on the net. The service will be at 10AM on August 21, 2009 and there will be a reception afterward.

I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible when we say our final good byes to Capt. Zeb:salute :

Patti( Navy Junior #1)
If it's the Second Baptist on Woodway, I may be able to make it as I live across the street.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 08:48 PM   #184
dmlavan
Watch Officer

Downloads: 69

God speed CAPT Zeb. Your country owes you and your family their thanks for your service, and your friends here have told the rest of us what kind of man we have lost.
dmlavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 08:53 PM   #185
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

How sad,may you rest in peace Capt.Z
Old 08-07-09, 08:55 PM   #186
Baby Katie
VIP

Downloads: 2
Default Funeral Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
If it's the Second Baptist on Woodway, I may be able to make it as I live across the street.
the address is 6400 Woodway Dr and their ph number is 1-713-465-3408

Baby Katie
Baby Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 09:06 PM   #187
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Katie View Post
the address is 6400 Woodway Dr and their ph number is 1-713-465-3408

Baby Katie
That's the one....I'm within walking distance of that church. I will see if I can get time off from work (should be no big deal) to attend.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 09:22 PM   #188
peggy
VIP

Downloads: 0
Default The Unsung Hero

Dear Precious friends,

I am Peggy, the 2nd dtr., again. You are very special to my sisters and me. Your thoughts and prayers are uplifting and I wish I could meet all of you.

My dad is getting much glory and I thank you for that. He served his country well and I am grateful and very proud of him. I already miss him so much, but to me he was my dad. I didn't have to salute him, just had to mind him. He used to lasso us as we ran across our oceanfront yard in Maine. He and mom took us trick or treating. He was a great Santa Claus. He was a big horse we could ride. He was a fabulous jump roper. We snow skiied, sailed, and scuba dived together. He could navigate by the stars. To me, sometimes he seemed bigger than life itself.

But I want you to know a bit about the hero who didn't get the recognition, but did one of the toughest jobs ever...raising 4 of the next generation...our dear mother, Margaret, who is alive and well. I dare say Dad could have had such an illustrious career had it not been for my mother supporting his every career move, packing and unpacking houses while he was at sea, birthing 4 daughters, getting us in schools, hosting incredibe events for other military personnel, getting 4 little girls cleaned and dressed and on time to submarine christenings and other Navy events, helping younger officer's wives who were having difficulty adjusting to new surroundings, keeping dad present in our lives while he was miles away under the ocean, being a mom and dad while he was gone for 3 to 6 months at a time, hosting more rockin' Navy parties than I can remember at all of our different homes, making each new house a home that looked like it was off the pages of House and Garden, refurbishing homes - at times by herself...I have hit only the tip of the iceberg. To all you Navy men in my dad's generation, I applaud your brave wives who gave you comfort and the freedom to serve your country as effectively as you did.

My dad retired from the Navy in 1973 and years later in 1984, sadly, my parents divorced. It was heartbreaking for us girls. But when my parents were together they gave us the best and most wonderful childhood I could ever imagine. We were all grown women when their marriage ended. It didn't hurt any less at that age.

Fortuneately, they both infused much love as we grew up. They taught us all the good lessons one needs to learn. They had fun together, they laughed together, they danced together, and they always played with their girls. God's greatest gift to me was giving me my parents.

I just wanted you to know a bit about my other hero.

Peggy
peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 10:07 PM   #189
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1

Rest In Peace CAPT Zeb.

Rob
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 10:17 PM   #190
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Really sad for the loss. As you probably know, I never had the priviledge of knowing him but I present now my sincere condolences.
CapZap
Old 08-07-09, 10:19 PM   #191
NealT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 4

May you have blue skies, a calm sea, and the wind in your sails at all times.

NealT
Old 08-07-09, 10:33 PM   #192
Hybris
Officer

Downloads: 40

My condolences on the loss its sad to see a friend and in a way a piece of history leave us. We all would do well to remember him.

"All submariners have one universal wish regardless of nation, cause, or creed. That wish is that the boat goes up and stay up one more time then it goes down."
~Hybris 8/22/07
Hybris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 10:50 PM   #193
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
R.I.P. Captain

As a submariner myself the 2008 Subsim meeting was anchored for me by the honor of meeting Captain Zeb and sitting next to him at lunch. We owe everything we are to the great leadership of men like him!

I will forever remember the sea stories and memories we shared and I look forward to patrolling with him when the eternal patrol finds me.

Rip
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 11:13 PM   #194
SteveW1
Watch Officer

Downloads: 75

Lest we forget, May he rest in peace.

My condolences for your loss Neal.

Steve
Old 08-08-09, 12:26 AM   #195
Deephunter
A-ganger

Downloads: 102

As like many of the posters before, I never knew Capt. Zeb, but it is evident he was a man much admired and loved by all who had the good fortune of meeting and knowing him. When such pass away, we are all diminished.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Deephunter.
Deephunter is offline   Reply With Quote