SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-22, 02:09 AM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Made it to Midway with 8% fuel left doing 8kt. Had to crash dive 3 times 'cuz of those pesky seaplanes.

My 1st reload I had to do a do over. I was 400nm west of Iwo Jima when lookouts spotted aircraft dead ahead. Ordered Crash Dive, no sooner had I ordered hard to port, bullets started ricocheting of the hull. There were 2 Zekes coming right at me. #1 put a bomb right at the base of the conning tower and #2 close by. That pretty much did me in.

There must have been a CV somewhere close.

Ouch. Far as carrier hmm, maybe a CV, but not sure as I removed the air groups from enemy carriers due to the ridiculous way they spawn/behaved. What was the Date/Time they got you ? I can look it up and figure out if carrier was in range.

Carrier movements are pretty well reconstructed in campaign, like the BB's, very rare if they are randomly traveling about. On other hand Wake, Marcus, and Iwo airbases do have fighters in their air groups. They mainly spawn flying boats and Bettys but if you were detected and reported, they will dispatch Zeros or dive bombers to search for you.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote