SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-22, 04:13 PM   #796
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
but I have no steady meter for getting range on target.
I didn't quite understand what it was about.
Realism- and Gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE
2. Inaccurate range-estimations
Inaccurate range estimations for WatchOfficer (->Nearest visual contact) and WeaponsOfficer (-> Solution to target). No gods-eye firing solutions anymore. Before this mod: "Range: 8932m, Herr Kaleun". Now: "Range: 9000m, Herr Kaleun".
Old 02-17-22, 06:38 PM   #797
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031

[QUOTE=Anvar1061;2793844]I didn't quite understand what it was about.
Realism- and Gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE
2. Inaccurate range-estimations
Inaccurate range estimations for WatchOfficer (->Nearest visual contact) and WeaponsOfficer (-> Solution to target). No gods-eye firing solutions anymore. Before this mod: "Range: 8932m, Herr Kaleun". Now: "Range: 9000m, Herr Kaleun".[/QUOTE

So it's a feature to remove the steady meter completely?
I was never all that great with getting range from it before but it would get me in the ballpark. Inaccurate range is ok, as I said it only got me close before.

I'll have to learn the rings But the meter was a nice option.
Thanks for your reply. I'm gonna go sink something now

LOL!,...Sorry! was just pocking around my game setting ini and found No stabilizer view=True/false!...DOH! my bad. Magui is not broken just the operator.

Thank again

Last edited by divemonkie; 02-17-22 at 07:14 PM.
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 11:58 AM   #798
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Default Atmosphere v22 (16 km, 20 km)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-73
Atmosphere 2022 version

North Atlantic:

Central Atlantic:

Mediterranean Sea:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/07xib...82022%2529.rar
Old 02-21-22, 09:41 AM   #799
Darthlucky
Medic

Downloads: 40

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a possible timeframe on when the GWX 2020 mod will be ready for use? Not that I'll be able to run it anytime soon, my laptop is kaput lol
Darthlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 12:18 PM   #800
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthlucky View Post
when the GWX 2020 mod will be ready for use?
Dum spiro,spero.
Old 02-21-22, 06:14 PM   #801
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31

Installed following the instructions, takes ages to load, locks my computer so much I cannot type when its loading.

Once it's loaded I can select a mission and it starts to load the mission gets to 100% and just sits there, cannot type anywhere else on the PC either once its in this state.

Any ideas?
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 06:30 PM   #802
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridley View Post
Installed following the instructions, takes ages to load, locks my computer so much I cannot type when its loading.

Once it's loaded I can select a mission and it starts to load the mission gets to 100% and just sits there, cannot type anywhere else on the PC either once its in this state.

Any ideas?

May I interject here... & say... that while loading up, much less playing... one should never attempt to do anything else, during that time.

Then, is NOT the time to... multi task... EVER.

Is bad enough, that Microsoft, flat out refuses to allow their services to be shunted so as to NOT have instances of it popping up notifications completely... & run in the background. Ok, some things... are understandable... up to a point... those that actually, 100% pertain to the computer's ability to run... aka function at all, but beyond that... uhh uhh...

Of course, there is the alternative to using a system app/program... that shuts out & down, unneeded things from doing that, but then... there is its own self, running in the background unless it is set up by them, to do what is needed to shut down things & then, shut down... itself. Haven't fully explored those apps/programs in depth to be fully cognizant of them, all... in any great detail, though... but am aware that they... exist.

As for the game/sim... Frm what I know... GWR & 1 Alex's GWX SH3 rework, & think Toyo's set up... do tend to take a bit before it loads... so.. waiting for the loading up, does call for the exercising of a major... load of, patiece.. whilst it does so.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 02-21-22, 09:00 PM   #803
ridley
Helmsman

"hope this helps"

Not really, sh3 has always multitasked well, gwx, wac et al all multitask fine.

I've always played in a window, certainly in MP with no time compression it can be the only way.

Besides, I was waiting for 10min+ for the game to start, do you really think I should wait longer?
Old 02-21-22, 10:52 PM   #804
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridley View Post
"hope this helps"

Not really, sh3 has always multitasked well, gwx, wac et al all multitask fine.

I've always played in a window, certainly in MP with no time compression it can be the only way.

Besides, I was waiting for 10min+ for the game to start, do you really think I should wait longer?
Have you not taken time to read through the forums, to see all the posts from others... who have made comments on the fact of their dealing with numerous issues... all caused by multi-tasking... i.e, shelling out from SH3... not to mention of SH3's follow up... SH4.???

Hey, if ya wanna join their chorus of the shoulda, woulda coulda blues... far be it from Me, to dissuade you from that.

Pray tell, continue to your hearts content...

As for waiting for the game/sim to load, knowing that I have seen mentions of up to 12 minutes... by some.. also located within the reams of posts across the spectrum of the SH3 threads section here...

I can't tell you to wait... or not to wait... that, is all up to you. All I can do, is to inform you... that it has been mentioned by other SH3 players... of having long wait times... & considering that SH3.. is now.. what... coming up on... 17 years, to the date (March 15th, 2005)

then add in heavy modifying it... all adds up to the likelihood, of it taking longer, before it boots up...

And all this, is NOT even touching any nudging, modifying... etc, of settings that may or may NOT have to be done, on all the different computers, to get it to work... at all.

Or, the new things, coming down the pipe as it pertains to computers, themselves...

As grand as SH3 is... there is going to come a time... when that time comes, unfortunately & sadly, it will join other games/sims in the annals of history of what was... before.

I seriously hope that time, is ways off... but, I do know, that it will come... eventually.

Until then...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M,
Old 02-22-22, 09:55 AM   #805
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

GWR SH3 22.02.2022

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qc0ij..._22.02.2022.7z
Old 02-22-22, 11:09 AM   #806
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
As for waiting for the game/sim to load, knowing that I have seen mentions of up to 12 minutes... by some.. also located within the reams of posts across the spectrum of the SH3 threads section here...

I can't tell you to wait... or not to wait... that, is all up to you. All I can do, is to inform you... that it has been mentioned by other SH3 players... of having long wait times... & considering that SH3.. is now.. what... coming up on... 17 years, to the date (March 15th, 2005)

then add in heavy modifying it... all adds up to the likelihood, of it taking longer, before it boots up...

And all this, is NOT even touching any nudging, modifying... etc, of settings that may or may NOT have to be done, on all the different computers, to get it to work... at all.
M. M,
Your system has the most effect on loading times.
If you have standard Hard Drives? Swap them to SSD drives. You'd be amazed at the difference!
I run 2 SSD's of 500 Gig each. OS is on C drive. Most other stuff is on E drive. Including my DeskTop files!
I had a 1 terrabyte drive but test proved that was slower! So I did the 2 drives.
Old 02-22-22, 01:21 PM   #807
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
If you have standard Hard Drives? Swap them to SSD drives. You'd be amazed at the difference!
I run 2 SSD's of 500 Gig each. OS is on C drive. Most other stuff is on E drive. Including my DeskTop files!
I had a 1 terrabyte drive but test proved that was slower! So I did the 2 drives.
My comments Jeff... were in regard to ridley of his posting about the game seeming to lock up & not complete loading... also on their multitasking, whilst running said set up... just to clarify. (See post #803)

Also pointing out, in the event that they... missed the memo on it... of others that have had any, number of issues in setting things up, or lack of it therein... of long load times... & the ever loved... *snorts* lag in waiting for it to all load up... as well... most caused by 'multi-tasking'.

Not saying it can't be done 100% of the time. but have noted that doing so, end results in a lot of the issues that have been faced due to doing so... from lag/ctd's... corrupted saves... & so forth.

Some are fortunate that of not having faced issues from multi-tasking... lucky them... just that the best approach is the old adage... an 'ounce' of prevention, is the best remedy...

Not in any issues that I was facing. *nod*

M. M.
Old 02-22-22, 03:04 PM   #808
ridley
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I have SSD drives, and HDD It is not the drives, the drives would not make SH3 grab all of my resources to the point that I cannot type.
Old 02-22-22, 03:10 PM   #809
ridley
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Have you not taken time to read through the forums, to see all the posts from others... who have made comments on the fact of their dealing with numerous issues... all caused by multi-tasking... i.e, shelling out from SH3... not to mention of SH3's follow up... SH4.???

Hey, if ya wanna join their chorus of the shoulda, woulda coulda blues... far be it from Me, to dissuade you from that.

Pray tell, continue to your hearts content...

Or, the new things, coming down the pipe as it pertains to computers, themselves...

As grand as SH3 is... there is going to come a time... when that time comes, unfortunately & sadly, it will join other games/sims in the annals of history of what was... before.

I seriously hope that time, is ways off... but, I do know, that it will come... eventually.

Until then...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M,
I have been playing SH3 in all of it's guises for 17 years, I have logged thousands of hours playing it. In all of those hours I have never had an issue with it multitasking. And yes when I started having issues with GWR I went back to basics and just let it do its thing but even without MT it just locked the computer requiring a hard boot.

So rather than being all supercilious and condescending perhaps either actually try to be helpful or change the writing style or just butt out.
Old 02-22-22, 03:45 PM   #810
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

In any case, if I play, I do not get distracted.
I have Game Booster installed and configured for these purposes.