SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Submarine Scale Models: Subs, Naval, Tanks, Planes, Trains, Space & Other
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-08, 03:06 PM   #1
atfcharger
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default USS Cobia Pics ext & int

I apologize, last year I went to the Maritime Museum in Manitowoc, WI and took a bunch of pictures of the Cobia but never posted them until I found them today! All that nonsense about taking pictures on a digital camera staying on a digital camera is true! (For anyone wondering how I went a year without using the camera or finding the pictures, they were on a different SD chip).

Anyway, here's the link.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's posted pictures of this boat, but the more the merrier, right? Figured it may be useful for anyone building a model or doing mod work or just to enjoy! I can make the originals available either via a single zip file or a text-link page if there's only specific images people want in their original 2048 x 1536 size.

Some of the photos didn't come out too great after I learned I couldn't use flash inside the sub. The lighting was decent in most places.

Oh, and I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Museum forum or here so if it needs to be moved go ahead.

Enjoy!
atfcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 07:40 PM   #2
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Great Pix! I visited that museum back in 97. We also drove down and saw the U-505. Great trip.
Old 07-20-08, 09:50 PM   #3
atfcharger
Watch

Downloads: 0

I haven't seen the 505 yet in Chicago. I'd like to either this year or next. Watching videos of them move it into that underground vault was impressive, though!
atfcharger is offline   Reply With Quote