SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-20, 04:49 PM   #391
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Yes, the torpedo props are definitely bugged out. Though I do know that in my game for the short time that I played it, I always had my torpedoes behave correctly.

I've never have taken a look at the propellers before. When Fifi comes on, or anyone else, they can tell me if this should fix it.

Maybe your download is corrupted? Try a reinstall of both the game and the mod.

Happy hunting in the future!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 05:57 PM   #392
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
it would still be very interesting to see why the torpedoes sometimes look different, for example the g7at1 sometimes looks like a g7tIV falke and doesnt even have the wake (also the screws on the g7efat2 are bugged)
Did you empty the Save folder prior to playing Dark Waters? Any change to the game, and you have to do that, else you will have a combination of what was there, and what is there now, since the game will not overwrite the Save folder with new data if a like-named file is already there. That would generally be "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", unless you've re-named it with MultiSH4, or moved the Documents folder...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 06:09 AM   #393
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 422
Uploads: 0

Now I have noticed a Torp bug too. It wasn't there before last update.

The T1 torps have no line of bubbles behind them. For fun I will fire and then go F12 to watch their run to target. But I cant see the trail they leave. Its like firing T2's
Old 05-18-20, 12:57 PM   #394
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Hey guys, sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I get the range to a target without a stadimeter (or using the map)? Or is there a stadimeter and I'm blind? I looked through the mod's documentation but there are so many readmes and I couldnt find any that would help me.
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 08:07 PM   #395
Viktoria
Watch

Downloads: 98

There is a stadimeter but its unreliable and thus i dont use it also range isnt important for hits really....
Viktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 12:14 AM   #396
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Ok. But there should be an RAOFB, shouldn't there? At least I activated that extra mod called OM_Stock_RAOFB_UJagd. But I can't find it anywhere. Is there a shortcut?
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 07:59 PM   #397
Viktoria
Watch

Downloads: 98

it is there you get it by clicking the circly thing in the attackperiscope view next to the degrees dial in the middle (on the right of it)
Viktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 11:05 AM   #398
lockheedliang
Watch

Downloads: 35

I have done 5 patrols in this mod and the sheer joy it brings me just compells me to come to this fabulous forum and to express my gratitute to its author again. This mod is insanely comprehensive and accurate and it is more than just a remastered SH3 in the sense that it allows us to follow the telegraph instead of the little marker on the map to make contribution to Hitler's war efforts. In my last patrol I intercepted the HMS Warspite on her way back from making a mess to the German DD fleet at Narvik, and now I am busy creating trouble to the Dunkirk evacuation. I am yet to explore more about how much detail the author has put into this campaign script, assuming it might allow me to save the Bismark. Yet even without being able to be part of that historical engagement, the presence of major events like the Norwigen war and the Dunkirk evacuation is a huge huge enrichment to the atlantic campaign.

Salute to the author again.

Possibly the compass could be made smaller in the next version so that it wouldnt block my effort to fully crew my deck gun
lockheedliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 11:32 AM   #399
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheedliang View Post
I have done 5 patrols in this mod and the sheer joy it brings me just compells me to come to this fabulous forum and to express my gratitute to its author again. This mod is insanely comprehensive and accurate and it is more than just a remastered SH3 in the sense that it allows us to follow the telegraph instead of the little marker on the map to make contribution to Hitler's war efforts. In my last patrol I intercepted the HMS Warspite on her way back from making a mess to the German DD fleet at Narvik, and now I am busy creating trouble to the Dunkirk evacuation. I am yet to explore more about how much detail the author has put into this campaign script, assuming it might allow me to save the Bismark. Yet even without being able to be part of that historical engagement, the presence of major events like the Norwigen war and the Dunkirk evacuation is a huge huge enrichment to the atlantic campaign.

Salute to the author again.

Possibly the compass could be made smaller in the next version so that it wouldnt block my effort to fully crew my deck gun
Hi and welcome Lockheedliang!
Many thanks for your kind words, i fully agree with you, Lurker who is the campaign script man really deserve it
A shame he left the forum long ago. I tried to raise his original mod to latest standards, mainly adding eye candy with some gameplay corrections, giving birth to Dark Waters.
It was looong work and tiring work (hopefully with some modders help) but i think result is quite fine even it’s no perfect (nothing can be perfect)
The best reward to me is this mod is still played and enjoyed by people like you!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 11:47 AM   #400
lockheedliang
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi and welcome Lockheedliang!
Many thanks for your kind words, i fully agree with you, Lurker who is the campaign script man really deserve it
A shame he left the forum long ago. I tried to raise his original mod to latest standards, mainly adding eye candy with some gameplay corrections, giving birth to Dark Waters.
It was looong work and tiring work (hopefully with some modders help) but i think result is quite fine even it’s no perfect (nothing can be perfect)
The best reward to me is this mod is still played and enjoyed by people like you!
Your eye candies are more than a healthy addition to the stock OM and now I can spend few hours staring at my boat diving, surfacing, cruising and turning without doing any fight. And the explosion effect is just just magnificent, possibly the best among all SH4 mods, even in spite of the limitation of having most of the ship 3D models traced back to SH3 era. It is your collective effort who are keeping the classic game alive and leave us assured that we dont need any new sub sim developed and launched by the big name gaming companies. Mod Rules!
Old 05-20-20, 04:18 PM   #401
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheedliang View Post
liang,
welcome to subsim.
one work-around to the large compass blocking your crew placement is to add a keystroke to your repertoire. the keypad '.' key (aka Del) will remove the icons from the GUI.
so, when it is time to "Man the deck guns", press F7, press '.', move your crew, press '.'. Done.

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 12:00 AM   #402
Fifi
Navy Seal

Oh, Marco is right, you can hide the gui to fully access the AA crew icons
Thanks Marco
Old 05-21-20, 01:36 AM   #403
lockheedliang
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
liang,
welcome to subsim.
one work-around to the large compass blocking your crew placement is to add a keystroke to your repertoire. the keypad '.' key (aka Del) will remove the icons from the GUI.
so, when it is time to "Man the deck guns", press F7, press '.', move your crew, press '.'. Done.

good luck.
Thanks very much for your guide.
Old 05-21-20, 04:43 AM   #404
Fifi
Navy Seal

Don’t remember because i have to re-install my mod on new rig, but i think there is already a key for hiding the gui. Don’t recall wich one, but you may find it with the F1 help
Old 05-21-20, 06:15 AM   #405
lockheedliang
Watch

Travelling through the museum, I found that the ship named Konigsberg is actually Leipzig and Polish ships didnt have proper flags. They were like ghost flags haha