SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-26-15, 07:00 PM   #3181
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Floating-Working...

Looking very nice Gap.
It would be nice if you could use standard crew (from merchants and warships) instead of U-boat/bunker/lifeboats characters, they cause to much lag and I'm a bit afraid of potential instabilities( had to remove TDW AI sub crew because of this )
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-15, 07:53 PM   #3182
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Floating-Working...

Quote:
Looking very nice Gap.
It would be nice if you could use standard crew (from merchants and warships) instead of U-boat/bunker/lifeboats characters, they cause to much lag and I'm a bit afraid of potential instabilities( had to remove TDW AI sub crew because of this )
Okay. Characters have the lowest priority though, I will add them when everything else is game-ready

Sandbag stacks are my biggest concern right now. As I told you I have a nice model, but I need to reduce its polygon count to a large extent. By the way, sandbags will encircle the bunker "window", where the artillery piece is placed.

Also note that I am moving the searchlight bone from the roof to the "first floor" of the bunker, where it will stand by the side of the gun. Though more functional, the position you had chosen for it looked a bit unrealistic, as it would have left the reflector totally exposed to attacks from the top and from the sides. Even so, I don't think gunnery bunkers were equipped with searchlights. For sure the Regelbau type M262 gun-director/observation bunker was fitted with one, together with range-finding equipment and light Flak guns. In Normandy, M262 and M272 bunkers were grouped together in a proportion 1:4 (check this lik for more details). If you like the idea, when we finish our work on the M272 we can model the M262 just as well.

Last edited by gap; 11-26-15 at 07:58 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 04:17 AM   #3183
Vice84
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
What is your TWoS version mate?
1.04 with the patch 13 in your signature

I think it's just a mod that made the underwater watching more "realistic" and that's it... if i go underwater without mask i prolly see like that, but i prefer the vanilla underwater view.
I can play even with this, no problem.. don't wanna break a beautiful mod just because of my visual caprice

Another question, i've installed the 1.3 patch while having already and active carreer (im on coastal water btw)
Should i restart another carreer?

Last edited by Vice84; 11-27-15 at 04:43 AM.
Vice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 05:12 AM   #3184
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice84 View Post
1.04 with the patch 13 in your signature

I think it's just a mod that made the underwater watching more "realistic" and that's it... if i go underwater without mask i prolly see like that, but i prefer the vanilla underwater view.
I can play even with this, no problem.. don't wanna break a beautiful mod just because of my visual caprice
Ciao Vice,

enable either of the two Dynamic Environment Enhanced Visibility additional mods after TWoS. Note that if you pick the "high" version, you also need to enable the (otherwise optional) DynEnv No Underwater Impurity Patch on top of the other mods.

Buon divertimento
Old 11-27-15, 06:31 AM   #3185
Vice84
Watch

grazie!

I've installed that mod and now underwater watching is good, but now time compression limit is set to 512 even when there's ship in view.

With twos i remember that limit was set to 64

I don't play full realism, i kept all the fuel, oxygen, repair time, reload, dud torpedoes etc. on... but (ok you can spit on my face) i don't use the real navigation mod, so sometimes may happen that on tc higher than 64 i find some ship...
I hope not to break something
Old 11-27-15, 07:05 AM   #3186
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Another question, i've installed the 1.3 patch while having already and active carreer (im on coastal water btw)
Should i restart another carreer?
Not necessarily, check yellow footnote...

Quote:
grazie!

I've installed that mod and now underwater watching is good, but now time compression limit is set to 512 even when there's ship in view.

With twos i remember that limit was set to 64
You say that TC wont drop to 1 even if your sensors/crew detect something in the proximity while your TC is higher than x64? Correct?
Are you sure that you have correctly set main.cfg file, mentioned in step 3?
Old 11-27-15, 01:19 PM   #3187
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Also note that I am moving the searchlight bone from the roof to the "first floor" of the bunker, where it will stand by the side of the gun.
I hope it wont interfere with gun operations...
Also does this mean that search light beam will pass directly trough bunker walls when in "search mode"?

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-27-15 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-27-15, 02:36 PM   #3188
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I hope it wont interfere with gun operations...
It shouldn't. After my changes, the searchlight is placed exactly to the left of the gun, at a distance of 5m from it. This means that it would only get in the way if the gun had a training angle of ±90 deg, which is not the case, as at this high angle the gun would fire through bunker's walls.

Quote:
Also does this mean that search light beam will pass directly trough bunker walls when in "search mode"?
No, there is a controller usually placed on gun linking bones which limits training/elevation angles set in gun's main controller. This is useful for when the same gun is used by more tha one ship, or in different positions on the same ship, for preventing it from firing through masts, superstructure, funnels, etc which migh get in the way or not, depending on gun's position. I think the same controller also works with searchlights, as main searchlight and gun controllers are similar.
Old 11-27-15, 02:41 PM   #3189
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
It shouldn't. After my changes, the searchlight is placed exactly to the left of the gun, at a distance of 5m from it. This means that it would only get in the way if the gun had a training angle of ±90 deg, which is not the case, as at this high angle the gun would fire through bunker's walls.

No, there is a controller usually placed on gun linking bones which limits training/elevation angles set in gun's main controller. This is useful for when the same gun is used by more tha one ship, or in different positions on the same ship, for preventing it from firing through masts, superstructure, funnels, etc which migh get in the way or not, depending on gun's position. I think the same controller also works with searchlights, as main searchlight and gun controllers are very similar.
Very nice! Is there any ETA ?
Old 11-27-15, 03:59 PM   #3190
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Very nice! Is there any ETA ?
The placing of sandbag linking bones on the Bunker GR2 file took a bit longer than expected because bunker's floor is not perfectly flat and I wanted to make sure that they will look right in game. Since the sandbag model will be stored in an external file, I had only a vague visual reference on the correctness of rotation/translation values applied, and I had to rely largely on measures and calculations back and forth from Wings3d to GR2 Editor. I hope I did a good job; you will tell me. As I write a AO map is baking for the sandbags.
A realistic ETA? Tomorrow
Old 11-27-15, 04:59 PM   #3191
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
A realistic ETA? Tomorrow
Old 11-27-15, 08:57 PM   #3192
Lost At Sea
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 94

Howdy All,
Back into SH5 after a particularly long time wasted on dry land!
Installed the mod, oh the excitement and finally a sh5 working flawlessly.

As a rusty captain, I need to test my crew and ship before getting into battle.
Out on the open seas and I have a tiny, but slightly irritating problem, if I hit the left gui, to go to periscope depth I get a "Cannot submerge. Crew on the deck"...

I know I'm missing something but simply can't figure out how to get them below deck presto.

Anyone, please.
Lost
Lost At Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 10:36 PM   #3193
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost At Sea View Post
........ if I hit the left gui, to go to periscope depth I get a "Cannot submerge. Crew on the deck"...

I know I'm missing something but simply can't figure out how to get them below deck presto.
Mouse click the hatch when at bridge or exterior view. The hatch should open then. Keep at mouse cursor at the opened hatch and use the down keys to go down the hatch.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-15, 02:24 AM   #3194
Lost At Sea
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 94

Thx Mikemike,
That did the trick. Had totally forgotten.

Lost
Lost At Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-15, 04:13 AM   #3195
Vice84
Watch

solved the tc problem by re editing the main.cfg...

The "Expert navigator" skill of the navigator is disabled or something?
I've 16 skill points to spend but the game still say "you don't have enought skill point for this ability" for the first level