SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-09, 02:25 PM   #1
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome to 7

http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...DB!27883.entry
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 02:32 PM   #2
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

so when does W7 come out for those of us without XP?
Old 08-21-09, 02:42 PM   #3
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

No thank you. I'm happy with XP.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 05:30 PM   #4
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 07:06 PM   #5
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter View Post
No thank you. I'm happy with XP.
Another one who will hang on to the bitter end. I did with Windows 98. They pulled me kicking and screaming from my hard drive that had 98 on it. I struggled, bit and pulled with all my might to fight those XP thugs. In the end, they won. For me it was a great thing because XP was so much better than 98. Then, it was time to give up my security blanket known as XP. I did not stuggle much. It was time to take the leap. Vista was around the corner..RUN! So, I got a machine that could feed the power hungry Vista and all was well in the land. I love Vista. So new and shiny. All kids of neat crap. I never have a problem with it. Seriously considering not going to 7 at all. I do not see a big difference. So, the moral of this story...sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.
Old 08-21-09, 08:25 PM   #6
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Well, i have tried Vista and it sucks camel fur. Win7 looks like a winner, though. They main thing stopping me is that I hear Arma 2 runs bad on it.
Old 08-21-09, 09:17 PM   #7
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

after trying Win 7 RTM for a few weeks im going to pass, great OS has a lot of better things than XP and beats Vista. But i have a Vlite installation of Win XP where i disabled a lot of old worthless stuff during the installation, grinded down to perfection faster than a speeding bullet (eg PF usage 29mb, this xp can run on a machine that has 32mb of ram!) that I'll be sticking to it for a few more years.

One thing I really like in 7 was zero loading time on startup no waiting for your apps to load up.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 03:04 PM   #8
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

I'm hooked on this RTM I am running, its is a nice step up over Vista. Now if I had to purchase it, I really dont think I would because Vista seems to run just fine for me also and I couldn't see spending the money on it.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 08:58 PM   #9
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

I've been using windows 7 for a few months. I've been using windows back since there MS windows v3.0. I used to be a fan of windows 98 before there second edition came out. Then Didn't like XP at the beginning because of the DDR memory issues they had till SP1 fix it. Once I switched to XP it was far better than 98 when all the bugs where fixed.

Vista came out.. beta's were awesome.. Final release was a disaster... It was a mistake to every use Vista before SP1. The headaches I had to make programs work was mind boggling for those years.

SP1 helped and made Vista usable... Then I started win 7 beta's. Then RC's and now RTM. My rig runs sooo smooth on win7. Games program all just run perfect.

Just yesterday I managed to get my X-Fi card to work on my nForce 790i... For years using Vista I had BSODs I had all but given up on it and now in Windows 7 it works.. Earlier win 7 it also BSODed. But now with RTM and latest drivers from Creative.. all is perfect like in XP.. I get all features too. awesome.. I was so shocked.. I couldn't believe it.

Win 7 is the future. I believe MS has to wake up.. or there future is a bleak one.. Vista killed them.. Win 7 in my experience will revive them.

I hope they don't do what they did to vista to win7... when its released.