Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-22, 06:43 AM   #3706
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's not every night she comes home with a mouse and mostly it's only one..but it happens that she comes home with two mouse-Not at the same time though. It's especially in the harvest month she get these 3-5 mouse during a night shift.(end of July-End of Sept.)

Heck last week she got two rats within 2-3 days.

It was merely me who exaggerated a little.

Markus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Rats and mice are everywhere, when you begin to see them you have a plague in full swing.
Just don't let your cat eat rats!! Not good.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 06:57 AM   #3707
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
My cat does exactly the same but as mentioned before she pay for it by catching mouse.
Sometimes she works overtime and catch 3-5 mouse during a night shift

Only sadness is that during spring, summer and early autumn she also catch birds.

Markus

I will make sure I don't wear my Mickey Mouse ears from Disney world if I come over to visit.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 02:36 PM   #3708
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I will make sure I don't wear my Mickey Mouse ears from Disney world if I come over to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Just don't let your cat eat rats!! Not good.
A cat wants to be outdoors, like a dog, maybe even more. We have a cat flap so he (not "it" ) can go in or out anytime he wants.
Our current company (called but not listening to the name of) "Max" catches a mouse now and then, but we have trained him to "please eat them outside".
The last tom-cat we had brought a caught mouse inside now and then. I only know of one rat – "Igor" came in completely deranged, ate, drank, and laid down for two days. I found a very big 'monster rat' in the garden, dead. We had heard loud screeching at night, i went out but did not see anything.
Must have been a real fight, the rat (if it was one) was almost as big as Igor; it had very large incisors on the front of its jaw, with a body length of >= 45 cm.
We also see martens now and then, but i take it cats and those evade each other for the better.
If he gets sick we keep him in the house, but i have never seen one cat (male or female) who preferred to stay inside. Especially a tom-cat's 'district' is much larger than even the biggest house can provide.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-16-22 at 04:33 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-22, 04:42 AM   #3709
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

^ Then again, Catfish. I don't think I Would be any safer with " Max the Cat "

If I was wearing Mickey mouse ears and visiting. Now, I just wear them If I'm working on the car or motorcycle. My lady prefers that to the " ugly " motorcycle " poker " helmet I bought on the cheap as a conversation piece. I never wear it. I prefer my solid color Shoei full face racing helmets. The poker helmet sits on a shelf in the garage.

Quote:
Damn!! that's better than our cat, ours just likes to eat out of her bowls and sleep!! btw, she's getting rather large and heavy, and she's only a year old!!
I guess we spoil her a bit, she has 4 beds to choose from! (spares)
We have those too, Reece. They also have their own bedroom with a queen sized bed and large stuffed toys. They also have a large Serta perfect sleeper Dog / Cat bed in the office. They use it if I am working from home. To say they are spoiled is an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I sure hope those are indoor mice and a strictly indoor cat. My remaining Burmese never goes out; reducing fleas, catfight wounds, or car hits. Mine is pampered with can and dry food and at least four beds... that I know of!?? She's solar tracker with 3 sunshine basking posts as the day progresses. She's credited with 1 mouse kill.

Ours are all indoor as well. We have diverse wildlife around. We have the screen room with furniture that they take over in the summers. They don't go out there unless we are home. They are " solar trackers " as well. When I was growing up, My mum was very fond of Sealpoint Siamese cats. They are very intelligent and talkative as well. We had a number of them over the years. Most of them were sleeping and study buddies. We just have " shelter " animals now. They are very loyal.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 09-17-22 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-17-22, 06:41 AM   #3710
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
We have those too, Reece. They also have their own bedroom with a queen sized bed and large stuffed toys. They also have a large Serta perfect sleeper Dog / Cat bed in the office. They use it if I am working from home. To say they are spoiled is an understatement.
Now that is a tad overboard!! But I like it!!
It is true, dogs have masters, cats have slaves!!

Old 09-17-22, 07:03 AM   #3711
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Now that is a tad overboard!! But I like it!!
It is true, dogs have masters, cats have slaves!!

That is so true and I can't argue with that at all.
Old 09-19-22, 10:07 PM   #3712
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Meanwhile, I'm back to Dentist shopping.

I was over-due for a check up and I had a feeling my last Dentist retired (at least I hope so). Watch how this gets hopelessly complicated really fast...

Last week I started having some issues with a wisdom tooth that started barking. Basically, its time to evict this thing. So, I call a local dentist's office. Then I call another and get an appointment set up for this week. Oh, did I mention I'm in pain? No one in this town pulls teeth anymore. At least I'll get a cleaning and an exam of the wisdom tooth. What should happen is the new office should refer me to an Oral Surgeon, somewhere..

But wait, there's more. Most of you know I used to be an ET on a couple of US subs. As it turns out, most ETs have security clearances. Some of us had really spooky sounding clearances that have been in the news lately. For me, my old clearance fully times out in 2092.

Big deal, right? Well, get ready, here comes the punch line.
Back when I de-briefed, it was mentioned that I just can't get knocked out with Laughing Gas or Sedation unless someone with an equal or higher clearance is present while I'm all goofed up.

So, what I'm going to try to do is get the tooth pulled at the VA. Except, there are very tight regulations at the VA involving Dentistry. For the most part, you had to be either wounded in combat or been held as a POW to qualify for Dental service. Thank you, ADA.. There's nothing like having a really strong lobbying organization.

So, unless one of you wants to volunteer to snack me upside the head with a baseball bat, I'll probably be dealing with this until next Spring.

ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 04:33 AM   #3713
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Sorry to hear about that, mate - btw what's an 'ET' if not an extra-terrestrial?
Old 09-20-22, 06:54 AM   #3714
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

I always knew you were from outer space, ET2SN. I'm going to bet your " pillow talk with the missus " is classified too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Sorry to hear about that, mate - btw what's an 'ET' if not an extra-terrestrial?
ET is Navy Jargon and an abbreviation for Electronics Technician. Working on communication, navigation, etc.... equipment. They would carry a security clearance with everything they know. The one with perhaps an even higher security clearance in the enlisted ranks is a Yeoman to a Capt. or Admiral or anyone of flag rang.

These people see and read everything that goes through the office. A Yeoman can easily climb up the " haus Pipe " to be a Chief Petty officer or beyond. Most everyone on Subs have a clearance in one way or another, especially the sonar gang. Those people ( submariners ) basically operated on a war footing at all times.

Btw, sorry to hear about your teeth issues. I hope you get them straightened out in short order.
Old 09-20-22, 06:57 AM   #3715
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Electronics Technician

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 02:29 PM   #3716
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I'll be keeping an eye on you..

Old 09-20-22, 02:35 PM   #3717
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
I always knew you were from outer space, ET2SN. I'm going to bet your " pillow talk with the missus " is classified too.

That isn't a big deal at all, although I'm always on the look out for one.

Unless you meant with your missus??

Old 09-21-22, 05:52 AM   #3718
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Oh I hate tooth ache!!
I hope you get it pulled soon, over here it's basically no waiting, a couple of injections and yank!!

Old 09-21-22, 01:17 PM   #3719
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

You still got some left, Reece?
Old 09-21-22, 11:23 PM   #3720
ET2SN
ET2/SS

So, a quick update..

GAH!!!!

I find the Dentist's office, go in for my appointment, fill out a #### load of forms (including my medical history) have some chit chat, get a new X Ray done, meet the Dentist for some more chit chat, he looks at the wisdom tooth and says, "I don't see any problem with just yanking it with Novocain BUT I'm concerned about your blood pressure med and I want to call someone about when you stopped the Interferon Rx".

Now, if I had more sleep this past week I could have just said "See this spot where there used to be a tooth? I was taking all of those meds when my last Dentist yanked it at 6 PM on a Friday". Instead, we all shake hands again and go our separate ways. I pay a three figure bill and go home so the wisdom tooth can start barking again.

So, the wisdom tooth is still there. They're going to "call me later". Maybe we can all get together for a game of Rummy or they can watch me twitch around on the floor for a while.

Its a shame this forum doesn't tolerate swearing. There's one word I want to post in REALLY big letters right now.

Oh, not so good news about my old Dentist. No one knows for sure but the scuttlebutt is that he's had some COVID related problems. Which stinks, he's a cantankerous old guy but he was MY cantankerous old guy.

Last edited by ET2SN; 09-21-22 at 11:44 PM.