SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-20, 01:22 PM   #1
ScumDrumCity
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Black Triangles on horizon SH3

Hey everybody. I'm trying to get a stable modded version of SH3 working and i'm having a hell of a time figuring out this last little bug. There is a visual glitch in the haze layer in the sky. It looks like black triangles that extend up from the horizon. They're most visible in the haze at the horizon and they reduce in transparency as they go up into the sky. It's most visible at dusk or dawn, although it is also visible during the day or night. I had GWX installed and a bunch of other mods with the JSGME, but I've removed them and the problem persists. I had one play session where they were gone, but now i've restarted the game they are back again and I cannot get rid of them. Tried playing around with the AA settings in my graphics drivers to no effect. There was a thread back in 2007 where they suggested increasing the horizon ZMax in scene.dat but I cannot find this value in the silent3editor. Anybody have any clue as to how to fix this? It's pretty distracting.

Might try one more time to mod a clean version of SH3 before I give up and move to a different game. I liked SH3 though because it runs so nicely on my laptop and because it looks the coolest of the subsim games. But the time involved with modding is getting out of hand.
ScumDrumCity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artifacts, glitch, scene, sh3, sky