Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-22, 02:10 PM   #7066
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade seized to exist as much of 75% of Russia's elite GRU [Military Intelligence] 3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade were killed, wounded or missing during fighting in Lyman. They were considered among their best of RU’s SOF.

The BBC has learned that elite Russian military formations took part in the unsuccessful defense of Liman, and they suffered serious losses. The 3rd Guards Special Forces Brigade of the Main Directorate of the General Staff lost at least nine people dead and one seriously wounded during the retreat from Liman, the BBC found out by studying social networks and talking with the sister of one of the dead soldiers. Such military formations have been sent to the most important military missions since Soviet times. While the Russian army was retreating from this city in the Donetsk region, Russian propaganda told that it was defended by mobilized from the self-proclaimed LPR and Russian volunteers from the Bars units, which are formed in the regions.

"The entire third special brigade was killed by the special forces. They threw it into a meat grinder. What a handsome man I have. 19 years old."

"When performing tasks on the territory of Ukraine, my brother died heroically. Eternal memory to you, my heart, my hero!"

"They told me very sad news for me! My brothers, friends, true comrades in the service and just good men died. I will miss you!"

"We ask for prayers for the repose of the warrior Vyacheslav (Zintsov), a graduate of the boarding school at the Nikolo-Shartomsky Monastery. He died in Krasny Liman."

On September 30 and October 1, a number of messages appeared on the VKontakte social network, which indicated that the retreat of the Russian army from the city of Liman in the Donetsk region was not as easy as the official Russian media reported, and not only volunteers tried to defend the city from Russia or mobilized residents of the self-proclaimed republics that Vladimir Putin had declared by that time to be Russian territory.

"8 people died, two were injured in serious condition. One of them died, one is still alive, but very heavy. The whole group almost died. The guys are real heroes. It's a pity that there are no more of these heroes," the BBC said. si sister of one of the dead servicemen, confirming that during the retreat from Liman, the detachment was lost by the 3rd special forces brigade of the General Staff from Tolyatti. "A total of nine people died, two were injured," said the wife of another victim.

Their relatives do not have full information about the place and circumstances of the death of the paratroopers, the information they receive is fragmentary: “I know that these guys were abandoned there, they fought back for a whole day, but could not. My brother died, he was only 21 years old, he died friend, he is 19 years old,” said the sister of the deceased. When the bodies of the servicemen will be returned home and when the funeral will take place, the families do not yet know.

19-year-old private Danil Boikov was the youngest in this department; senior lieutenant Vyacheslav Zintsov, junior lieutenant Viktor Gorobets, foremen Andrey Shorin and Yuri Filatov, and private Aleksey Chindin were killed with him. Servicemen Karpenko and Uzbyakov were taken to the hospital with severe wounds. Uzbyakov later died.

This is probably the largest one-time loss of the 3rd Special Purpose Brigade, although it suffered losses from the very beginning of the war: “Of course, [losses] were, but does anyone tell us about this,” said the sister of one of the victims.

As far as we know from open sources, the first fighters of the 3rd GRU brigade died in early March. Before the retreat from Liman, the most difficult day for the brigade was the day from March 3 to March 4 - then four scouts were killed: company commander Major Azamat Alimov, captain Alexei Chuchmanov, junior sergeant Stanislav Gerasimov and junior sergeant Yegor Bukatin.

https://www-bbc-com.translate.goog/r..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-05-22, 02:36 PM   #7067
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Downloads: 16
Default Roughin it in Martha's Vineyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Martha's Vineyard?

Hahaha true enough

Old 10-05-22, 09:45 PM   #7068
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

This is another installment in the incredibly sad saga of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. Unfortunately for Russia, this also comes under the heading of " Lifestyles of the incredibly incompetent and stupid."

Apparently, Russia's mercenary arm, the Wagner Group has been killing Russian soldiers. The Wagner group encompasses many hundreds of former prison inmates. Silly me, I thought they were on the same side.

Quote: Putin's plan has backfired as the private military force butts heads with the Russian military. The growing conflict resulted in a Wagner fighter gunning down a lieutenant colonel in the Russian army—a deadly episode of “friendly fire” that the Kremlin is said to be trying to sweep under the rug, according to the human rights group

Gulagu.net.

The alleged shooting is not the only recent instance of infighting between Russian troops. Earlier this week, a mass brawl broke out between newly drafted Russian troops and contract soldiers at a military base outside Moscow, Baza reported.

Nearly two dozen contract soldiers are said to have taken a beating from the draftees and were rescued after locking themselves in a separate room and phoning police for help. The fight reportedly erupted after some of the contract soldiers demanded the newly arrived draftees hand over their mobile phones and gear.

I wonder if Putin can hear the laughing the world over at his stupidity and incompetence and ineptitude. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic that innocent people on both sides are losing their lives.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-due...155912351.html
Old 10-06-22, 01:54 AM   #7069
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

It's heartening to know that "we" aren't the only idiots in the world.
Old 10-06-22, 06:10 AM   #7070
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ukraine could recapture Crimea as fleeing Russians continue to flounder

Ukraine could retake Crimea if it continues to recapture territory from fleeing Russian forces at its current rate, senior US military officials believe.

The assessment came as Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, acknowledged battlefield setbacks for the first time and Ukrainian troops pursued the Russian army into the Luhansk region, reversing one of the Kremlin’s key gains of the war.

Western officials have previously considered retaking Crimea by force impossible, because Russia was expected to fight tooth and claw to defend it.

But a senior US officer told The Telegraph that recent Russian military collapses mean “the recapture of Crimea by Ukraine is now a distinct possibility and can no longer be discounted”.

Pushing into Crimea would mean Ukraine going further than the front lines of Feb 23, when Putin ordered the invasion of Ukraine.

Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 and would likely view a ground assault on the critical strategic enclave as a major escalation.

The US official said: "It is clear that Russia no longer has the ability or willpower to defend key positions, and if the Ukrainians succeed in their goal of recapturing Kherson, then there is a very real possibility that it will ultimately be able to recapture Crimea."

The comments follow those from Laura Cooper, US deputy assistant secretary of defence, who said that Crimea was within Ukraine's grasp. "And just to be clear, Crimea is Ukraine," she added.

She also said US weapons could be used to strike Crimea - a move the Kremlin has described as "extremely dangerous" and "evidence of direct US involvement in the conflict".

On Wednesday, in a rare admission of difficulties at the front, Putin said: "We are working on the assumption that the situation in the new territories will stabilise.”

The Russian leader also signed a bill formalising Russia’s “annexation” of Luhansk and three other Ukrainian regions on Wednesday. He also ordered Russia’s state nuclear monopoly to take over the running of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

On Wednesday Serhei Gaidai, the governor of Luhansk, announced that “the de-occupation of the Luhansk region has already officially started”.

Alexander Kots, a Russian journalist embedded with Russian forces there, revealed there were too few troops available to mount a credible defence against Ukraine's continuing advance.

The latest advance in the east came after the Russian front line in the south partially collapsed, leading to a retreat by at least 15 miles in the southern Kherson region on Tuesday.

A Ukrainian soldier fighting there told The Telegraph that Russian forces were “running away” and abandoning “rusty weapons”.

He said he had seen Russian soldiers shoot one of their own men in the back when he tried to surrender.

It came as Ukraine paraded the first newly mobilised soldier to have been captured fighting in Ukraine. The soldier said he had travelled to the front line with the intention of handing himself in, in a further sign of low morale.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...238c4a158521d0

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-06-22, 06:14 AM   #7071
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin signs Ukraine annexation laws amid military setbacks

Russia's President Vladimir Putin has signed the final papers to annex four regions of Ukraine - even as his military suffered further setbacks.

The Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions are "accepted into the Russian Federation" the documents say.

But in two of those areas - Luhansk and Kherson - Ukraine said it has been retaking more villages.

Mr Putin also signed a decree to formalise Russia's seizure of the nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia.

Last Friday, the Russian leader held a grand ceremony in the Kremlin, where he signed agreements with the Moscow-installed leaders of the four regions.

The move followed self-proclaimed referendums in the areas, denounced as a "sham" by the West.

But on the ground there appears to be a different reality, with Ukrainian forces making gains in both the south and the east.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63149156

Old 10-06-22, 06:18 AM   #7072
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-06-22, 06:19 AM   #7073
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-06-22, 06:21 AM   #7074
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine received almost $9 billion in aid from USAID

Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion of Russia, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) of the Russian Federation has provided almost 9 billion dollars in aid to Ukraine.

This was reported in the US embassy in Kyiv, Censor.NET informs with reference to Suspilne.

The vast majority of this amount is $8.5 billion in direct budgetary support of the Ukrainian government so that it can respond to critical needs: providing medical care and education, supporting those displaced by the war, ensuring the supply of electricity to schools, hospitals, homes, etc.

Another billion is humanitarian aid, which includes critically needed food, medical care, water, and hygiene products.

The rest of the amount was allocated to support small business and agriculture.

In addition, about 100 million dollars. be dedicated to supporting a free press and countering disinformation. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371890

Old 10-06-22, 06:22 AM   #7075
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Head of Bundestag Defense Committee Strack-Zimmermann arrived in Kyiv for two-day visit

The head of the defense committee of the German Bundestag, Marie-Agns Strack-Zimmermann, wants to know which German tanks Ukraine needs and thus increase the pressure on the chancellor of Germany. Negotiations on further arms deliveries are planned.

The German politician announced this on her Twitter, Censor.NET informs.

"We arrived in Kyiv. Being there, getting an impression of the situation and needs, communicating with politicians and the government, in particular with soldiers, is important for me in the current situation. Germany should increase its support," Strack-Zimmermann wrote.

On Thursday morning, Strack-Zimmermann will visit the destroyed Antonov airport. Then she plans to visit various positions of the Ukrainian army and get an idea of ​​the latest events at the front. Negotiations are scheduled for Friday with representatives of the Ukrainian parliament and government, in particular Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov and chief adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky Andrii Yermak. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371882

Old 10-06-22, 06:23 AM   #7076
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In addition to Hungary, eighth package of sanctions against Russian Federation was blocked by Cyprus, Malta, Belgium and Greece, - journalist Yozvyak

Several European Union countries, except Hungary, blocked the eighth package of sanctions against Russia.

This was announced on Twitter by journalist Rikard Jozvyak, Censor.NET informs.

He noted that Hungary is usually accused of blocking new sanctions against the Russian Federation. However, this time several other countries took her side. According to him, it is about Cyprus, Malta, Belgium, and Greece.

"Budapest is really learning from the best in Brussels," the journalist emphasized. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371873

Old 10-06-22, 06:54 AM   #7077
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Head of Bundestag Defense Committee Strack-Zimmermann arrived in Kyiv for two-day visit

The head of the defense committee of the German Bundestag, Marie-Agns Strack-Zimmermann, wants to know which German tanks Ukraine needs and thus increase the pressure on the chancellor of Germany. Negotiations on further arms deliveries are planned.

The German politician announced this on her Twitter, Censor.NET informs.

"We arrived in Kyiv. Being there, getting an impression of the situation and needs, communicating with politicians and the government, in particular with soldiers, is important for me in the current situation. Germany should increase its support," Strack-Zimmermann wrote.

On Thursday morning, Strack-Zimmermann will visit the destroyed Antonov airport. Then she plans to visit various positions of the Ukrainian army and get an idea of ​​the latest events at the front. Negotiations are scheduled for Friday with representatives of the Ukrainian parliament and government, in particular Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov and chief adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky Andrii Yermak. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371882
She is one of the very few politicians in the Bundestag who talk not as much rubbish about Ukraine war as some others and wants a massive rise in contributions, and now. She also gives the impression of knowing a bit what she is talking about. Needless to say, she seesm to be pretty isolated or bypassed by the "government". One of our few better politician, maybe. But I do not know about her time before the war, so I might be wrong. Politicians are alway suspicious - for principle reasons.
Old 10-06-22, 06:55 AM   #7078
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
It's heartening to know that "we" aren't the only idiots in the world.

How very true that statement is.
Old 10-06-22, 11:10 AM   #7079
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
This is another installment in the incredibly sad saga of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. Unfortunately for Russia, this also comes under the heading of " Lifestyles of the incredibly incompetent and stupid."

Apparently, Russia's mercenary arm, the Wagner Group has been killing Russian soldiers. The Wagner group encompasses many hundreds of former prison inmates. Silly me, I thought they were on the same side.

Quote: Putin's plan has backfired as the private military force butts heads with the Russian military. The growing conflict resulted in a Wagner fighter gunning down a lieutenant colonel in the Russian army—a deadly episode of “friendly fire” that the Kremlin is said to be trying to sweep under the rug, according to the human rights group

Gulagu.net.

The alleged shooting is not the only recent instance of infighting between Russian troops. Earlier this week, a mass brawl broke out between newly drafted Russian troops and contract soldiers at a military base outside Moscow, Baza reported.

Nearly two dozen contract soldiers are said to have taken a beating from the draftees and were rescued after locking themselves in a separate room and phoning police for help. The fight reportedly erupted after some of the contract soldiers demanded the newly arrived draftees hand over their mobile phones and gear.

I wonder if Putin can hear the laughing the world over at his stupidity and incompetence and ineptitude. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic that innocent people on both sides are losing their lives.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-due...155912351.html
We saw some fighting between Russian units FSB/GRU had to intervene, think it is because of bad treatment from command and ethnical problems Russians are racists so that cause tensions.

The partial mobilization announced by the military and political leadership of Russia is actually "absorbing" small settlements of remote regions of Russia. Conscription is carried out by raids, and almost all men of military age are forcibly taken to military offices. At the same time, the mobilization plan in Moscow St Petersburg is not implemented. The Soviet Union was known for its ethnic operations, they resettled population of mostly other ethnic origin than Moscow St Petersburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 10-06-22 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-06-22, 12:46 PM   #7080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia took up to 30 wagons with ammunition from Belarus to Donetsk and Kherson directions, - General Staff

Russia took up to 30 wagons with ammunition from Belarus to the Donetsk and Kherson directions.

This was stated by the Deputy Chief of the Main Operational Department of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Brigadier General Oleksii Hromov, Censor.NET informs.

"Since the beginning of October, almost 30 wagons with ammunition for the occupiers have been sent from the Belarusian missile and ammunition storage arsenals to the Donetsk and Kherson directions. In total, since February 24, 26 echelons with ammunition have been sent from the territory of Belarus - almost 250 wagons weighing more than 10,000 tons." - Hromov said.

It is also reported that in Belarusian warehouses, bases and arsenals, a group of Russian officers selects car tires, assemblies, aggregates and other spare parts for the armored vehicles of the Russian army for further shipment to the occupying forces. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371977

Closed Thread