SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-08, 08:42 PM   #1
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Help! Reactor Scram!!!

I am dead in the water with where to get these great upgrades for Sub Command. can someone point me in the right direction, and if you can recommend which mod is the best, I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou!
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 11:04 PM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Check out www.subguru.com. There's a HUGE section of downloads and missions for Sub Command.

Definitely download SCX ! It's well worth the install and has a lot of really cool extras (like the ability to install new drivable subs like the Ohio class that is for download right above it on the site).

There are also some nice downloads right here at www.subsim.com in the Downloads section (You don't need the 108 patch if you're using the version from the Naval Combat Pack). There's a couple of tutorial documents there and a bunch of missions for download.

Old 06-07-08, 11:29 PM   #3
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight
Check out www.subguru.com. There's a HUGE section of downloads and missions for Sub Command.

Definitely download SCX ! It's well worth the install and has a lot of really cool extras (like the ability to install new drivable subs like the Ohio class that is for download right above it on the site).

There are also some nice downloads right here at www.subsim.com in the Downloads section (You don't need the 108 patch if you're using the version from the Naval Combat Pack). There's a couple of tutorial documents there and a bunch of missions for download.

Thanks a Mil. Yeah, I will load the patch too. I have that flickering problem with Vista. It would be cool to drive a Boomer. All I have know is "there aint no slack in fast attack!".
Old 06-07-08, 11:46 PM   #4
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Doesn't the version of Sub Command with the Naval Combat Pack (or one of the current patches for the old Sub Command) eliminate the flicker ? I know that the old version flickered quite a bit on my friend who had Vista but the Naval Combat Pack one doesn't flicker at all on him.

If you have the old version of Sub Command, try patching it up to the latest version. See if that helps any.
Old 06-08-08, 03:54 AM   #5
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Also, take a look on page two of this forum for links to my other driveable platforms - Ben Frankilin, Oscar, and Delta IV.

Last edited by clive bradbury; 06-08-08 at 04:10 AM.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 11:22 AM   #6
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:
Doesn't the version of Sub Command with the Naval Combat Pack (or one of the current patches for the old Sub Command) eliminate the flicker ? I know that the old version flickered quite a bit on my friend who had Vista but the Naval Combat Pack one doesn't flicker at all on him.

If you have the old version of Sub Command, try patching it up to the latest version. See if that helps any.
I tried unsucessfully to download 108 from Soanalysts, I do not know if it is them or me. I may just buy the pack you mentioned. Also what would you recommend to decompress files. My computer doesn not seem to want to do that either. I did download SCX from subguru and it showed up and is in the same location as SC, but nothing has changed when I boot the game. I am not sure if I need winzip installed or not, or some other sw.
Old 06-08-08, 02:14 PM   #7
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

What operating system are you using ? I just tested the patch download and it worked fine for me. Give it another shot.
For SCX, it's an installer program that's in a zip file. You have to unzip it and then run it to install.
Most content will come in zip files.
Windows XP and Vista will automatically be able to look inside and unzip those files. Anything prior will need a program like IZARC or Winzip to open.

You will want to have Sub Command patched to 108 before putting in SCX.
Old 06-08-08, 06:30 PM   #8
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:
What operating system are you using ? I just tested the patch download and it worked fine for me. Give it another shot.
For SCX, it's an installer program that's in a zip file. You have to unzip it and then run it to install.
Windows XP and Vista will automatically be able to look inside and unzip those files. Anything prior will need a program like IZARC or Winzip to open.

I am going to give it another shot. Heck, I have Vista and had no problem with mods for SH3, but who knows. I am the first to admit that I am no computer wiz. But I do appreciate your help. I have tooo much fun with these games. But I like others are just never satisfied and want it to always be better and better.
Old 06-12-08, 03:44 PM   #9
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:

I used winzip and downloaded the 108 patch. But my screen flickers and now I get ghosting whereas I never had that before. Thye game ran fine before the patch, do I really need it to install SCX?
Old 06-12-08, 05:30 PM   #10
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Okay. Question. When was the last time you updated your video drivers ? Try updating your video and sound card drivers just to make sure they're up to date. Make sure you have the current version of Direct X, 9.0c. Ghosting is usually caused by lag but can also be caused by driver issues. Check to see what you have running in the background as well and shut down what you don't need running.

And yes. You need the latest Sub Command Patch for SCX.
Old 06-12-08, 09:32 PM   #11
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:
Okay. Question. When was the last time you updated your video drivers ? Try updating your video and sound card drivers just to make sure they're up to date. Make sure you have the current version of Direct X, 9.0c. Ghosting is usually caused by lag but can also be caused by driver issues. Check to see what you have running in the background as well and shut down what you don't need running.

And yes. You need the latest Sub Command Patch for SCX.
Well, I am not sure how to update these, but direct X is updated/ I have none of these problems with SH3. I have the bug to drive the nuke boats again. So, I will look into updating these things. thanks for th info.
Old 06-13-08, 07:54 PM   #12
Frame57
Sea Lord

Flickering is just with laptop. Home PC is fine. I suspect it is in the Video card.