SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-08, 04:53 AM   #1
PETER SHEPPARD
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Help for a Novice

Hi all.

I have got two prblems that I hope you will be able to help me out with they are asd follows.

1. I have just down loaded the scu for sub command and some of the misions for uk subs but I can only get the Trafalger class sub to work and not the Trenchant or Swiftsure.

2. In the Mission Perrisher which is the Basic Training for Sub Officers in the Royal Navy, Fail and your back on the Surface. In exercise four the Sub keeps wanting to surface wich is some what akward as you are trying to avoid detection.

Any Ideas gratfully recieved.

Thanks.

Peter.
PETER SHEPPARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 10:25 AM   #2
Linton
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Some of the missions are platform specific.You can use the mission editor to change them.
Can you give a little more info on your second question?I have not played that campaign for a couple of years and need a few more details to provide an answer.
Alternatively pm Clive Bradbury,he wrote the whole thing!
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 02:36 PM   #3
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Hi Peter,

just checked the Trenchant and Swiftsures in SCU, and they work perfectly. Be sure that you go into the mission editor to select either one as playable in a specific mission, and it should be fine.

A long time since I looked at the 'perisher'. The mission you are describing is presumably tracking the boomer. Well, you do start in very shallow water, so check your depth carefully - your sub is probably not surfacing - it might already be there!
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote