SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-08, 04:57 PM   #1
Mackey
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Sub Command & laptop touchpad problem

Well I am slowly getting to grips with Sub Command, so far only played it a little at work on my 698 Mhz 512MB RAM PC which although old the game works perfectly.

My problem is when I installed it on my home laptop it installed fine but when I went to play it the touchpad will not work right. The Arrow does not move although I know it's moving invisibly as I was able to select a mission and then on the Nav screen the depth changed as I moved around the map but the arrow didnt move so you can imagine it's impossible to play.

I havent tried a regular mouse yet, I didnt have time before I went to work and that will be the next thing to try but wondered if anyone else had a similar problem with a touchpad and Sub Command.

Maybe I can tweak something or other as I'm sure the game will work fine other than this.

I am really enjoying the game and there is alot to learn which is great. I'll be posting game related questions once I am over the first phase of learning.

Mackey
Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 03:00 AM   #2
Stanny
Loader

Downloads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey
I havent tried a regular mouse yet, I didnt have time before I went to work and that will be the next thing to try but wondered if anyone else had a similar problem with a touchpad and Sub Command.
Only regular USB mouse is suitable for gaming on a laptop,bud.I advice you to buy a regular USB keyboard for your lappy either.That will solve all your problems in home usage of laptop.

I am also a laptop owner,and I must admit,I have never even thought of playing either Sub Command or Dangerous Waters with a touch pad.You will feel really very uncomfortably or even have technical problems if trying to do so.

Best regards,
Stan.
Stanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 02:39 AM   #3
Stanny
Loader

Downloads: 0

I have tested it on my lappy.Touchpad is working OK.So,there maybe some mouse driver problems.

Anyway,you should try it out with regular USB mouse.
Stanny is offline   Reply With Quote